User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

Minimalist

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: abayarts Wii Code: abayarts
    Is it me, or does the Doctor gets younger every time he regenerate?
    Last edited by abayarts; Jul 17th, 2011 at 08:32 AM.
    Follow me on twitter @ abayarts and on Tumblr at abayarts.tumblr.com

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IT HAS BEEN REVIVED!!!!

So is it just me, or are the Angels more frightening than the Daleks ever really seemed to be? I've never had seen a Dalek or Cybermen episode that made me jump every time they apear on screen. The Daleks and Cybermen have always seemed a bit silly and easily beatable for the Doctor (or atleast moderately difficult), compared to the Angels who either have to be sucked into the void or trapped in their own defensive instincts.

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldo Butters View Post
    IT HAS BEEN REVIVED!!!!

So is it just me, or are the Angels more frightening than the Daleks ever really seemed to be? I've never had seen a Dalek or Cybermen episode that made me jump every time they apear on screen. The Daleks and Cybermen have always seemed a bit silly and easily beatable for the Doctor (or atleast moderately difficult), compared to the Angels who either have to be sucked into the void or trapped in their own defensive instincts.

Some older episodes, for their day, were bloody scary. But as far as the modern enemies go, the Angels and the Silence are the biggest issues. Back in the day the Cybermen were bloody scary (thinking Tomb of the Cybermen from Trouton's era).
    It's always hard talking about creatures like the angels, because they change based on which episodes you have or haven't seen.
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrat View Post
    Some older episodes, for their day, were bloody scary. But as far as the modern enemies go, the Angels and the Silence are the biggest issues. Back in the day the Cybermen were bloody scary (thinking Tomb of the Cybermen from Trouton's era).
    It's always hard talking about creatures like the angels, because they change based on which episodes you have or haven't seen.
    They also seem to evolve as time goes on. Or they gain use of powers they couldn't use/we didn't know about such as what happened to Pond's eye.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Dr Who is my all-time favorite show EVER. I consider the Weeping Angels the scariest WHO monster- I could NOT have watched them as a kid...My fav new villain is The Dream Lord, hope he comes back...

Born n raised in the USA (NJ specifically) yet somehow I grew up on Doctor Who, starting with Tom Baker in the late 70s.... I'm looking at my Matt Smith action figure right now, proudly displayed in the wrong control room alongside an Ood, Brannigan (cat guy in a bomber jacket from season 3) 6th Dr Who Colin Baker, Lars Umlaut (from Guitar Hero) and a 2nd Matt Smith figure (a flesh avatar perhaps?)...oh, and also Rosie the Robot (from the Jetsons)

Ok....so my childhood hero is now 12 years YOUNGER than me- I say "Screw continuity!"

BTW- would Marcus Scarman (from the old show, Pyramids of Mars) count as a zombie? The Dr described him as an 'animated cadaver'.....
    Last edited by Pteranodon; Aug 2nd, 2011 at 12:01 AM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    The Doctor probably doesn't believe in zombies, so they are most likely just people who are 'death challenged'.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Gamertag: Gmz1023 XFIRE ID: Gmz1023
    OMG! DOCTOR WHO! i <3 Doctor Who... not a big fan of the 11th though... he's good and all but, meh.. i miss tennant.
    What ever brought me here? i'm not sure... Pure Luck or Divine Intervention? Whatever it was it may have well saved my life.

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    Quote Originally Posted by Lieoften View Post
    OMG! DOCTOR WHO! i <3 Doctor Who... not a big fan of the 11th though... he's good and all but, meh.. i miss tennant.
    Tennant was amazing and of the new doctors he's done it the longest, but I feel like there was a lot of worry over the swap from eccleston to tennant and it took tennant a few episodes to ease into the role of the doctor before people truly committed to him. Smith (while a lot of tennant fans are still bucking, and they are welcome to) pulled us in within one episode and has been truly amazing ever since.

I find it interesting that people will always pick 'a' doctor to be theirs, but shall continue to watch the newer ones because at the end of the day they are all The Doctor, and they are all different, and we can connect in certain different ways with all of them.

Basically, awesome show! Can't wait for the end of the month when part 2 of season 6 starts up!
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

"Lurker"

Status
    This is cool, I was thinking about the same thing. Happy to see I am not the only one. I would like to see some fan fiction on this topic.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I have been a fan since i was a kid, and Peter Davison was the doctor (i strongly recomend his last story the caves of androzani). Like the new series, apart from the dire love and monsters. But i think matt smaith is the best of the new doctors.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast