User Tag List

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Red face Half Life 2 (dang you StepLaugh and Mush_Rooms)

Ok, so I'm away from the fam for a week or so. I take 3 games with me and my wife's 360 because mine is in the living room hooked up to the Kinect. I had full intentions of playing Devil May Cry 4 so I could get that out of my library. I brought along The Orange Box because I wanted to do some multiplayer shooting, but in a relaxed way. I thought I packed Alone in the Dark, but it missed the suitcase apparently.

I'm all ready to play Devil May Cry 4 when I start listening to 3RG's episode 7 and not only do they mention how bad Alone in the Dark is, but they jump on Half Life 2 as not being as good as some fanboys make it out to be. I figured I'd give it a shot, and while I'm not at the "4 hour mark," I just played about 2 hours past the time I wanted to go to sleep.

It might be a rough day at the conference tomorrow.

I still have to listen to you all's latest podcast, but I'm not giving up on Half-Life 2. So if this series is called "Half-Life", shouldn't the sequel be called "Life?"
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    So, I'm playing along and thinking "this feels familiar for some reason." An hour or so into the game, I get to a room with a half-column made of bricks and it hits me; "I'm positive I played this game before." I make it out of the room, I get outside, and I see metal canisters falling from the sky with crabheads popping out. I think "Now I know I've played this before! Why did I stop then?" A little further, and I get to the boat part and remember "This is why I stopped playing it; the controls on the boat suck."

However, I pushed on, so I'm intent on finishing the game on the 360 now. I had to look it up, but Half-Life 2 was released on the original Xbox and that must be when I first played the game.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    HAHA Yeah DMC4 is a fun game I played through it twice, and had a great time with it.

Alone in the dark I got through 30-45 min of it, and just couldn't stand the controls, especially when you have to blink your eyes. >.>

And Half life is fun, but I guess I just didnt get thrown into it as much as everyone else, I got past the boat part and played another hour, and I just didnt feel like there was a reason for me to come back to it.

Also dont forget to check the website, I had Kc and goodie on to talk about apple products.

Wayland Productions

Status

Gamertag: mushroooooooms PSN ID: mush-rooms
    Yeah...the Alone in the Dark not making it into your suitcase...that was totally us.

We are very powerful telekinetics. You're welcome.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    I'm fooling around on Episode 2 on the Orange Box now. The main game and Episode 1 were above average. I forgot how fun Team Fortress 2 was though.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    I'm a glutton for punishment because I figured I'd do the gnome achievement while playing... I hate Half-Life's driving mechanics.