User Tag List

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    I eat by memory. But it doesn't really work when you haven't eaten something before...
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heyyouinthebushes View Post
    I don't believe that can be said for sure. Seems to me that could be a result of individual tolerance, not gender-based tolerance.

RE: Thinking Pegs was pregnant, I think we all jump there because we expect Lizzie to be preggers. At most, one will be pregnant. Otherwise, you've got two characters with the same dilemma, and that makes one superfluous.

RE: Saul leaving...silly move that is great for plot. Also, it is a great way to get back to Lizzie's situation. Definitely Burt's chance at redemption by going after Saul, and may lead to his death.

Overall, I love that there are a number of plot lines that have opened up. The fact that Ground Zero has been introduced makes me wonder where the helicopter plot line will go. The copter plan is supposed to take them a long way from Ground Zero, but GZ seems too big a situation to deal with in only one chapter.
    At the end of my post you quoted, I mentioned on Scratch didn't get affected in the same way Lizzy/Pegs were. I know I didn't exactly spell it out, but it was my way of saying "but maybe that's not the case." I kinda forgot we were talking about Scratch and some people around here thinks she's got a penis or some weird crap

Pegs puking opens up some very interesting possibilities and diminishes, in my opinion, the odds of Lizzy being pregnant. It's now the same sort of reaction we've seen from two women, and Victor (our resident badass) nearly had something horrible happen to him too. I think a more definitive answer will come when Kalani and crew try to procure the second helicopter from the roof of the hospital (which if we all remember is a place that Skittles said to avoid....dun dun dun!)

As for Ground Zero being wrapped up in one chapter: The Arena was a pretty big deal too. We were only in there for one chapter as well. 60 minutes (assuming each chapter part runs 20 minutes each) is a long time to tell a story. Hell, even on the low end of 15 minutes per that's still 45 minutes to tell a story.

I can rattle off a few theatrical pieces I've worked on that have told an entire story (including backstory) in 60 minutes. It's possible our first run in with Ground Zero might be told this upcoming chapter. Who knows?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Scavenger"

Status
    ok guys for all of you tagging Pegs and Liz with pregnancy, know that pregnancy puke is different than reg puke. I threw the idea because it's possible, but when you compare both instances, it's more likely that Liz is pregers.
    The "morning sickness" women get is random, not necessarily before or after food, and your body literally keeps on retching after there's nothing left. Sound's more like Liz's incident.
    Then again, a lot of people become extremely nauseous under pressure, dangerous situations, or even when they are scared. Just playing super devil's advocate here.

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    As for Ground Zero being wrapped up in one chapter: The Arena was a pretty big deal too. We were only in there for one chapter as well. 60 minutes (assuming each chapter part runs 20 minutes each) is a long time to tell a story. Hell, even on the low end of 15 minutes per that's still 45 minutes to tell a story.

I can rattle off a few theatrical pieces I've worked on that have told an entire story (including backstory) in 60 minutes. It's possible our first run in with Ground Zero might be told this upcoming chapter. Who knows?
    Is that a Voodoo Lounge prediction I hear in the making?
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakezombie View Post
    Is that a Voodoo Lounge prediction I hear in the making?
    Still mulling around in my head where I want to go since I did uh...well not as well as I normally do this chapter.

Kc opened way too many doors to have a solid idea of where the next chapter is going to go. We might go back to the Arena, we might get to ground zero, we might have a deeper investigation in the Tower for the rat, we might be abducted by aliens....
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

"New Arrival"

Status
    Nikvoodoo: I would argue the Arena wasn't dealt with one chapter because it is still unresolved. The zombies are gathering there, presumably with a "plan" in place. The mallers efforts wouldn't have finished them off.

Likewise, I can see a chapter contained scenario with ground zero, but I don't think the broader story will benefit if all involved with ground zero is resolved in a single chapter. It will hold revelations to what led to the zombies/apocalypse. Though, as I'm writing this, I can see how ground zero can be used to shed some light into what caused the zombie apocalypse and then left alone with many unanswered questions. And this could easily fit in a single chapter. Fair enough.

Also, you're right, your commenting on Scratch effectively made my point.

Those mentioning zombie queen: what I like about this - can explain hive mind mentality of zombies a la bees. While Ink/caller zombie can "control" other zombies, that doesn't provide an answer why. A queen could produce hive-minded zombies. What I don't like about this - our current "official" understanding is that whatever changed everyone happened simultaneously around the world, meaning there are numerous queens that acted at the same time. It's not that a coherent story can't be created for this scenario, but implies the zombies are an their own "species", not converted humans. Also, it doesn't account well for the observation of "smarter in life, smarter in undeath".

"Lurker"

Status

Skittles

what happend to skittles did he die? also saul, i knew he couldnt just have brushed it off like he played off... i hope there military base they are planning on moveing to is self effiecent, has huge walls and awsome defences! humvees and Strykers with a ton of gas and 2-3 helipads plus there 2 helicopters. then maybe they make the land around the base with mines and zombie traps. and make this base into a self efficent self independent fortress that can project huge military occupation etc lol

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heyyouinthebushes View Post
    Nikvoodoo: I would argue the Arena wasn't dealt with one chapter because it is still unresolved. The zombies are gathering there, presumably with a "plan" in place. The mallers efforts wouldn't have finished them off.

Likewise, I can see a chapter contained scenario with ground zero, but I don't think the broader story will benefit if all involved with ground zero is resolved in a single chapter. It will hold revelations to what led to the zombies/apocalypse. Though, as I'm writing this, I can see how ground zero can be used to shed some light into what caused the zombie apocalypse and then left alone with many unanswered questions. And this could easily fit in a single chapter. Fair enough.

Also, you're right, your commenting on Scratch effectively made my point.
    The storyline surrounding the Arena took one chapter. We wrapped up Datu being captured and brought to the Arena, and his subsequent escape/rescue. Much like the escape from the Colony only took one chapter. They arrived and were interviewed and then there was the chapter break. Then chapter 19 was a self contained storyline where we learned, planned and escaped the Colony. That doesn't mean we are done with the Colony, but we are done with that particular storyline. That's all I was trying to say. We don't necessarily tie everything up in a neat little bow, but we can have a one chapter escapade around Ground Zero, and make it back to the Tower in time for supper.

"New Arrival"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    The storyline surrounding the Arena took one chapter. We wrapped up Datu being captured and brought to the Arena, and his subsequent escape/rescue. Much like the escape from the Colony only took one chapter. They arrived and were interviewed and then there was the chapter break. Then chapter 19 was a self contained storyline where we learned, planned and escaped the Colony. That doesn't mean we are done with the Colony, but we are done with that particular storyline. That's all I was trying to say. We don't necessarily tie everything up in a neat little bow, but we can have a one chapter escapade around Ground Zero, and make it back to the Tower in time for supper.
    Yes, I think, in many ways, we're trying to say the same thing. I think my original point was that, if we resolve all that Ground Zero can offer, it seems to minimize the importance of Ground Zero. Thus, introducing Ground Zero could have an implication on the helicopter/Fort Irwin plot because Fort Irwin is so far away from Ground Zero. However, a Ground Zero storyline that gives a couple answers but leaves a lot unanswered allows GZ to maintain its importance while the Tower crew makes their way to Fort Irwin.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Glad to see some g z talk. Our who's the rat talk was getting old. So here's a thought...
    how about a "new world order" type organization..(I know its cheezy, but best way to describe it) spreads themselves out across the globe with of coarse Ink as the leader....maybe. And releases a "catalyst " a simple biological weapon that can lie dormant for x amount of time ... Until something triggers it... Such as an infrasonic sound wave. Wave triggers bioweapon, bioweapon becomes active in host blood and spreads.... And mutates people into whatever there biological makeup was previous to said incident. Smarts get smarter ...on roids? ...now a giant....i dunno that's just how i would write it

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast