User Tag List

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventureless_Hero View Post
    It was just a random idea. But I think it is more likely that Kalani's helicopter will get high jacked or will malfunction and crash. This way you can kill off Kalani and a bunch of the nameless survivors of the tower. Meanwhile all the main crew like Riley, Michael, Angel, Saul, and Lizzie are chilling in Pegs helicopter. (I left out Burt because I feel like he's going to die before the flight, and didn't mention Kelly since I think she was the shooter and the mole)
    It will be interesting to see who ends up on which Helicopter. I'm willing to just about guarantee that Michael ends up on Pegs' chopper, possibly with Angel going on Kalani's to keep the command structure in tact in case something happens.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

"New Arrival"

Status
    I was wondering about the title of the chapter, "Our Doubts are Traitors". Do you think aside from the rat and Pippin situation it could also refer to how Burt is doubting himself, causing his hands to shake? Or Sauls doubt that anyone is concerned about Lizzie caused him to be a traitor (using the term loosely) in a way that he would break his promise to wait at LAX?
    "Our doubts are traitors" is a line from Shakespeare's Measure for Measure, a play in which deception is used to free a man unfairly imprisoned (though his imprisonment is justified by following the strict letter of the law). This could hint at a couple things: (1) Michael and Angel using deception to bring about justice. (2) If Pippin's killer is also the rat, but killed Pippin because they have "turned good" and wanted to protect the Tower, it could hint at the idea of justly punishing him or her (vs punishing by letter of the law). Lizzy was punished following the strict letter of the law, and the punishment has proven unjust. What is a 'just' punishment for the killer/rat if their killing Pippin was to make up for being the rat?

Just an idea.
    Last edited by Heyyouinthebushes; Jun 8th, 2011 at 04:02 PM.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    One problem with the have two helicopters lose one free is that Angel and Michael are not likely to be on the same chopter. I would not allow my "Number 1" to ride with me if an alternative was available. It would give me pause if we had an assault 'chopter and a baggage train, but even then I would be very hesitant.

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    One problem with the have two helicopters lose one free is that Angel and Michael are not likely to be on the same chopter. I would not allow my "Number 1" to ride with me if an alternative was available. It would give me pause if we had an assault 'chopter and a baggage train, but even then I would be very hesitant.
    I think as a show of confidence Michael will go with Pegs, so Angel will go with his bro Kalani.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    It was just a random idea. But I think it is more likely that Kalani's helicopter will get high jacked or will malfunction and crash. This way you can kill off Kalani and a bunch of the nameless survivors of the tower. Meanwhile all the main crew like Riley, Michael, Angel, Saul, and Lizzie are chilling in Pegs helicopter. (I left out Burt because I feel like he's going to die before the flight, and didn't mention Kelly since I think she was the shooter and the mole)
    That makes me think of Lost a little bit. There were heaps of nameless characters until the shipped blew up and only the people in the helicopter survived (pretty much). That way all the main characters stay there while the side characters stories are neatly tied up.

Whether or not Kc will go for this route I don't think so. I don't think, considering there will be two helicopters, we will be left with only the main characters. He has however been starting to use some random survivors from the tower to do random things. Maybe these newly named survivors are just so something can be put on their grave...
    Do you understand what I'm talking about? Have you ever felt like that? When you just couldn't feel anything and you didn't want to either.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyyouinthebushes View Post
    "Our doubts are traitors" is a line from Shakespeare's Measure for Measure, a play in which deception is used to free a man unfairly imprisoned (though his imprisonment is justified by following the strict letter of the law). This could hint at a couple things: (1) Michael and Angel using deception to bring about justice. (2) If Pippin's killer is also the rat, but killed Pippin because they have "turned good" and wanted to protect the Tower, it could hint at the idea of justly punishing him or her (vs punishing by letter of the law). Lizzy was punished following the strict letter of the law, and the punishment has proven unjust. What is a 'just' punishment for the killer/rat if their killing Pippin was to make up for being the rat?

Just an idea.
    Brilliant. I really like your analysis of the chapter title. Both points 1 & 2 really are marvelous. Kudos!

I will say that your point #2 and what Michael said about the mole possibly siding with the Tower now just led me further to believe that Kelly was the mole all along. I do believe the mole and the shooter to be the same person. If they are not the same person, then it is very possible that the mole could be revealed soon and then we'll have a whole other season left to wonder who the hell the shooter was. I realize a big argument about the shooter not being Kelly is that Pippin said, "It's you!" before being shot. It could be possible that Pippin knew the Mallers had a mole in the tower at one point but may not have know who the mole was. So when Kelly realized that Pippin was with the Mallers but didn't recognize her as the original mole, she could have played it off.

But when she had a conversation with Pippin while on guard duty, she could have used her super lawyer powers to deduce that Pippin was lying.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Lurker"

Status
    But when she had a conversation with Pippin while on guard duty, she could have used her super lawyer powers to deduce that Pippin was lying.
    Kelly says that she can't be sure of anything because of how battered and bruised Pippin was, so I don't think she knew he was lying. The only thing that makes sense to me is that the rat is the killer, but they have turned loyal, at least for now.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Not to say that you're wrong, because Kc does drop hints like that often, but there's really not a lot of water in the direction they are supposed to be flying.
    Dammit Nik. You beat me to it again!

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    Quote Originally Posted by mastafigz View Post
    Kelly says that she can't be sure of anything because of how battered and bruised Pippin was, so I don't think she knew he was lying. The only thing that makes sense to me is that the rat is the killer, but they have turned loyal, at least for now.
    She did say that, though if you believe her to be the mole you can't really trust anything she says. Certainly her actions lately show that she appears to be loyal to Michael and the tower now, but it wasn't always so. It could be possible that Kelly couldn't read Pippin's face, but somewhere in her conversations with him, he may have said something to give himself away. Perhaps she knows that someone who remembers every exact detail about what has happened to them seems to be too much; as though Pippins telling of his situation was rehearsed. If she was the mole and the only one that knows Pippin is lying, then the ball is in her court.
    There is no spoon. - Neo

"Lurker"

Status
    She did say that, though if you believe her to be the mole you can't really trust anything she says. Certainly her actions lately show that she appears to be loyal to Michael and the tower now, but it wasn't always so. It could be possible that Kelly couldn't read Pippin's face, but somewhere in her conversations with him, he may have said something to give himself away. Perhaps she knows that someone who remembers every exact detail about what has happened to them seems to be too much; as though Pippins telling of his situation was rehearsed. If she was the mole and the only one that knows Pippin is lying, then the ball is in her court.
    Valid point. I do think she's the mole, so you may be right. It could just be possible she knew Pippin. Nothing more Nothing less. Do we ever find out where Kelly and Tommy were before they found the tower? I'm sure we did, I just don't remember.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast