User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leedo2502 View Post
    HAHA!! I had this one guy who was a cadet at West Point doing his summer camp thing with us when I was active duty, he used these exact words "Based on my experience..." and we all just died laughing LOL
    ROFL!!!

MRE.. They have several types now. USAID has ones that are different than what the military uses and we have 2 different packages now. Some of them are very very good. My 15 year old daughter ate the pack I brought back from Haiti! S'getti and meat balls were her favorite.
    They've come a long, long way from when I first came in.. Than God! The heating element in them is f'n a brilliant idea!

Cut the tops off one and grab a few that you like then mix em together in the brown sleeve, add some spices or Hot sauce.. hmmmm, um good!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Maybe I never witnessed it because I never ate them Those things were gross.
    WHAT!!??? Blasphemy! Turn in your BDU's right now! Oh, wait. You did! LOL.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Guardian View Post
    I would have as well

My gripes are with utterly incapable and unmotivated NCOs. Pathetic human sausages can make life incredibly difficult to any officer. Good thing the grunts were a great lot, a lot better than the corporals and sergeants
    Luna,

That's because the officers deserve it. LOL.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Luna,

That's because the officers deserve it. LOL.
    totally, officers call the shots but ncos run the show. now that's not to say that there aren't really good officers and really worthless ncos but by the by most ncos over e5 have their heads on straight. of course LTs have it rough because they have no experience (exibhit a: angel) and have to learn from their seargents all while taking command.for most second lieutenants the ncos really do it all and the LTs take notes

The Silent One

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I've eaten I don't know how many cases of MREs, but enough to know which ones are more palatable than others - I avoid the omlette one at all cost, and most of the chicken ones you can't go wrong with. If you want a good laugh, just read the container labels, and then rip it open and see how they just went overboard for describing rice or something simple. And just an FYI, the whole gum laxitive thing is a myth. Anyone who's eaten multiple MREs for a while can attest to that.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper239 View Post
    totally, officers call the shots but ncos run the show. now that's not to say that there aren't really good officers and really worthless ncos but by the by most ncos over e5 have their heads on straight. of course LTs have it rough because they have no experience (exibhit a: angel) and have to learn from their seargents all while taking command.for most second lieutenants the ncos really do it all and the LTs take notes
    Luna,

Did you just stick in an Angel dig? LOL!

"Scavenger"

Status
    HaveCrowBarWillTravel, every time I look at you Avatar Name, I can't help but think of what I call my Crowbar..........an All Access Credit Card
    It's going to be indispensable, post SHTF, when all the shops have been looted for food, Vending Machines are found in a lot of places people never think of, just off the top of my head, Office Blocks, Bars, Night Clubs, Factories, Variety Stores, Service Stations (Gas Stations)......

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    My father often brought some rations with him back home after being sent out for training and such (he's a Dutch, medical Reservist, and has trained MOGOS / medical teams that've been sent out). Those rations were barely used (i.e. someone took out the tea but left the rest) and would be thrown away, so he took some with him.
    I had some MREs that were included. It wasn't that bad, actually.
    The tea that was included was really good though, and there was a bunch of other stuff that was pretty decent.

However, this was when I was really young, so the memory isn't very detailed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123