User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rattenkrieg

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Cool rattenkrieg

I use a lot of Triz when I look at things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRIZ

Most problems that we encounter have been encountered before. The circumstances are never the same so neither are the answers. But, if done properly, it can accelerate the development process.

In WW2 some of the cities became so heavily damaged that the roads were clogged with debris and thus greatly hindered movement. In addition, Snipers were the IED of that age. To obtain a less obstructed route that protected them from surface threats, they used the sewars to move about. Rattenkeig. War of the rats.

Not highlighted in an episode, yet. But, I want people to keep alternative means of transportation in mind and I do not mean the a hybrid. In movies I have seen of LA, I think there are also cement canals that handle heavy rain run offs. These are open to the sky, but they are sunken and would suppress line of sight and scent down wind.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    they used those canals for transport paths to get out of la in the first season of the colony....excellent observation as always...and i also use triz on a smaller scale

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    I use a lot of Triz when I look at things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRIZ

Most problems that we encounter have been encountered before. The circumstances are never the same so neither are the answers. But, if done properly, it can accelerate the development process.

In WW2 some of the cities became so heavily damaged that the roads were clogged with debris and thus greatly hindered movement. In addition, Snipers were the IED of that age. To obtain a less obstructed route that protected them from surface threats, they used the sewars to move about. Rattenkeig. War of the rats.

Not highlighted in an episode, yet. But, I want people to keep alternative means of transportation in mind and I do not mean the a hybrid. In movies I have seen of LA, I think there are also cement canals that handle heavy rain run offs. These are open to the sky, but they are sunken and would suppress line of sight and scent down wind.
    Arthur,

Can you expand on that a bit? Would they use the sewers for mass transit or for clandestine means to a team moving about?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

In WW2 the Russians started using it for Ambushes to popup "behind the lines" They also used to escape when the Germans were about to overrun a position. Even if the German's followed, They would quickly get lost or ambushed. As always, the other side starts to figure it out and then counter measures, counter-counter measures etc

Although the technique may have occasionally have been used for Resupply of a forward position, it is mostly a fire and movement thing. Not a logistic thing.

ENough or do you want some more?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    In WW2 the Russians started using it for Ambushes to popup "behind the lines" They also used to escape when the Germans were about to overrun a position. Even if the German's followed, They would quickly get lost or ambushed. As always, the other side starts to figure it out and then counter measures, counter-counter measures etc

Although the technique may have occasionally have been used for Resupply of a forward position, it is mostly a fire and movement thing. Not a logistic thing.

ENough or do you want some more?
    I guess I should have asked for expansion on how it would pertain to developing tactics for the Tower instead of WWII. My bad.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

So, the way I look at it, there are not going to be a lot of people in the sewars. So, there are probably not a lot of zombies in the sewars. The sewars are not easily accessed so once it is cleared out the probablility of running into more is a lot less than if you try it on a street corner top side. The place smells like shit and human waste. So, that is pretty good camoflauge. It is mostly stone and water so it echoes a lot thus dampening that threat also. So, if I was there, it is something I would want to explore. Now, I am not saying that you pop on down and run to the colony to visit Pete, but access buildings within a block or two or three seems like it is worth a shot. As with any beachhead, the range of the scouts can slowly expand as you passify more area.

Of course, the otherside of this it that our heroes may run into a

Buzz, I can name that movie in two lines...

That can't be right! That's in the room"
    Its reading right, ma'am.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    LOL. Thanks for clearing that up. I'd hate to get stuck in a sewer with the unknown...in the dark. They'd need some hard folks to go down there and clean them up, not to mention one hella good map and marking system.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    hellraiser...uh...3?...the one in space

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

I agree. My assumption is the sewar will be set up similar to the city grid. But, flashlights and batteries will be common. Tape the flashlight right to the shot gun. Point the gun / Point the flashlight.

Spray paint Directional notes at intersections. But, if there is a place or two that will be visited often, paint a line all the way there. Say, follow the red line to get to the Coca-Cola plant. Blue line to K-mart.

It is jsut something I would want to look for. Hell, for all I know two or three foot PVC. Alternatively, it could be the size of a two story building. The ones my best friend worked in were more than 8feet.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Oh sorry,

Ripply: that can't,...
    Hicks: Its reading..

Bunch of big things drop through the ceiling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast