2 6.90%
  • Other (define)

7 24.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Cremation? Casket and Plot? Other?

So I've been arguing with a friend for the last 2 weeks about my wish to be burned and dump in a river when I pass from this mortal coil. His view is it isn't right because 'you burn in hell, so if you are cremated you're going to hell.' Something I simply do not agree with. He sent me a text about an hour ago with the words 'remember that time you went to hell lol'

What do the survivors have in mind for the end?
    joint-point-counter-joint

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    I kinda like the idea of being preserved like Lenin. Prop my up on the couch with a beer in my hand for parties. People can take pictures with me etc.
    But seriously for me it doesn't matter. What makes a person who they are is the spirit (or soul, lifeforce etc.. call it what you will) The body is just meat and bone as far as I'm concerned. Without that spark that makes us alive, the body is just an empty shell.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    So I've been arguing with a friend for the last 2 weeks about my wish to be burned and dump in a river when I pass from this mortal coil. His view is it isn't right because 'you burn in hell, so if you are cremated you're going to hell.' Something I simply do not agree with. He sent me a text about an hour ago with the words 'remember that time you went to hell lol'

What do the survivors have in mind for the end?
    I do know of a some christians do not approve of cremation because they consider it "rude" or "disrespectful" to God because of the bodily resurrection at the second coming... I personally believe that is a gross missunderstanding of what the bible teaches...
    I am a christian, and I've put a good amount of study into it so I would be able to articulate my beliefs and wouldn't fall back on "what feels right to me"... and I can assure you, as per the bible, that anything physicaly done to your body will not cause you to go to hell...

as for me... I won't care what happens to me once I'm dead!

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Promession.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/4336100.stm
    Promession involves freezing the body and coffin to -18C then dipping it in liquid nitrogen at -196C.

Both body and coffin become so brittle that by the time they are placed on a vibrating pad, they disintegrate into a powder. A metal separator then picks out metals such as artificial hips and mercury dental fillings to be put in a biodegradable coffin.

The powder is put into a small box made of potato or corn starch and placed in a shallow grave, where it will disintegrate within six to 12 months.

Relatives would then be encouraged to plant a tree on the grave which would feed off the compost formed from the body.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    I seriously haven't given it any serious thought. At one time I played around with the idea of combining as many burial rites from as many religions as I could so that I'd have the best chances of ascending to Heaven, but I'm not really sure that'd be feasible. If I have the money, I'd like to have my bones shot to the Moon. Literally.

Again, not very likely though
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Lurker"

Status

I want to be mummified. I will be a perfectly preserved (albeit stiff) zombie.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    What I would really love for my funeral would be a Jazz parade like they have in New Orleans and then have my casket put into a mausoleum. I think it would be so beautiful and fun. I rather people celebrate my life than mourn my death.

"Builder"

Status
    I'm not sure yet what I would prefer I've gone from being frozen to wanting to be buried to cremation. As for the survivors I'd think cremation to avoid becoming a zom.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant: if I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven Such is the rule of honor.

"Scavenger"

Status
    To be perfectly honest...I don't care what they do with my body...hell....bury it in the flower bed if it'll help fertilize it. Chop it up & feed it to the dog....
    I'll be dead....beyond caring about this vessel...I'll be on my way to the next vessel. Yes, I'm one of those whack jobs that believes in reincarnation.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    I want to be buried in a stone tomb like a king. By that I mean, I want one of the above ground stone tombs with a stone stature of me lyinging down dead on the top. Like you see in Fable: Lost Chapters or Lord of the Rings. I understand that death is an extremely unimportant even once you die, but I'm a nerd with a dream!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast