User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Season 2 Finale Streaming---

Ok, so we're looking into releasing the season finale as one part. Now before you get all crazy, I'm looking to find a way to stream it LIVE and have some sort of live event attached to it. Like a listener party. Any suggestions of what would be a good way to do that technically? JustinTV wasn't great because it capped out and wasn't the best quality, but that is an option.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Now before you get all crazy, I'm looking to find a way to stream it LIVE
    I just went crazy.

Also: http://www.ustream.tv/ ?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I don't know what's involved in it nor do I know if you have the desire to have something that's visible available for this, but what about something like blogtalk radio? I know a few programs that have live radio shows over the airwaves who use blogtalk to do supplemental shows during the week. That might be something to look into.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Builder"

Status
    I haven't used it but it's worth a look http://www.upstream.tv

Otherwise I'd look into a flash application designed for the site to contain a live video stream and have the site host it right here.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant: if I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven Such is the rule of honor.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Contact the good folks at S.I.R. (SModcast Internet Radio) and talk to them about the possibility of streaming it through them. I would think Kevin Smith would appreciate 'indie arts' enough to consider giving a slot up... since he's just rehashing the same old shit he's already done.

1. S.I.R.
    2. Millions of Listeners.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I don't know what's involved in it nor do I know if you have the desire to have something that's visible available for this, but what about something like blogtalk radio? I know a few programs that have live radio shows over the airwaves who use blogtalk to do supplemental shows during the week. That might be something to look into.
    YES! Blogtalk Radio sounds great!!! Just what I was looking for. The premium service would be perfect AND it could be a call in show! We'll have to test it out prior to that to make sure it'll work, but I think it'd be great!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Contact the good folks at S.I.R. (SModcast Internet Radio) and talk to them about the possibility of streaming it through them. I would think Kevin Smith would appreciate 'indie arts' enough to consider giving a slot up... since he's just rehashing the same old shit he's already done.

1. S.I.R.
    2. Millions of Listeners.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.
    That would be great! Should we form a letter here? Do they allow call-ins?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

You can call into SIR. www.smodcast.com there's a boombox streaming some crap, probably Plus One Per Diem right now, and there's an 800 number I believe. There is also a link somewhere to send email to the programming director. I'd just call in and say 'Hey Kev... I have this idea...

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    You can call into SIR. www.smodcast.com there's a boombox streaming some crap, probably Plus One Per Diem right now, and there's an 800 number I believe. There is also a link somewhere to send email to the programming director. I'd just call in and say 'Hey Kev... I have this idea...
    Do any fans want to call in? The season finale will be an hour long... Might be better if a fan does it-

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Do any fans want to call in? The season finale will be an hour long... Might be better if a fan does it-
    Might be best if the creator calls in with the ability to give actual details other than 'hey it'd be great if yous guys streamed my favourite show ZOMG!' Would lend more credibility.

Just tell them 'Look, we've already broken the 4 million downloads mark and we're trying everything we can to get our art out there... you're a relatively new medium (Love Plus One by the way, the fishies have no eyes was awesome), we've been running our show since (insert date) and I think it would be beneficial for our cause and potentially expose your show to new listeners in the process. I thank you for your time and consideration in this matter and I'm hoping you might be able to help us... I have money if that helps.'

He's been all about 'indie 2.0... new mediums... art is art and I'm all about helping out the little guy.' He's stated that he's getting out of film and into 'radio'. This should be right up his alley... unless he's full of shit. Which is possible.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast