User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Follow the Silencer

Assumption: Only one silenced Pistol and it was used by The Shooter. The only people that have a reasonable chance to access it are Michael, Angel, Riley and Pegs.

How many?
    1) The Classic Pistol that was given to Michael by Burt
    2) There was a silenced MP5 taken from the Colony
    3) Some other gun.

(3) This is the least likely. There is no provenance for another silenced weapon. But, I think KC prides himself that plot devices are referenced prior to use.

(2) The MP5 comes from the colony escape. People the audience know who are aware of the MP5’s existence. Michael, Pegs, Kelly, Victor, Tanya and Hope. This weapon could have been kept for personal use and not stored in the Armory. If so, a limited number of characters have access to it. If stored in the Armory, than we are back to square 1.

#1 Burt gives it to Michael. [provenance gap, one extreme it becomes standard issue to every patrol leaving the tower or Michael keeps it for himself] It leaves with Michael.

[Time Gap, although we know where the gun is, important events occur back at the tower. Lizzie is out of the Tower and Burt makes at least one trip outside the tower to find her. It comes back from the colony in one of the ammo bags. Probably not used in the firefight out of the colony.

[Another Gap Datu is given a heavy bag as people exit the automobile. Could be Ammo Bag(s) or medical bag.]

Burt and Saul go out looking for Lizzie. Burt could have picked up the silencer at this time. Burt/Saul request reinforcements and additional weapons outside the Maller’s Compound. Burt could have gotten the silencer at this time. Alternatively, it could be stolen from Burt at this time. If it was stolen from Burt now, the additional people known to be there are Angel, Michael, Riley. The group then splits up again. Saul and Burt are outside. Angel, Michael and Riley return to the Tower.

If there is only one silenced pistol, than if Burt is says it is in his bag, then the probability is very high that he put it in his bag and left the tower with it. That leaves Angel, Riley or Michael could have taken it. But, doing so they run the risk of getting caught. It also leaves Burt and Saul in a lurch. If it was Michael, than I would also have to say that Pegs probably has access to Michaels stuff.

Last thought. I think both the berreta and the MP5 are 9mm. But, I do not know if the configuration of the brass cases are the same. If they are different. We have an excellent clue. It does not appear that the shooter had the time to pick up their brass. If they are the same, back to square one.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

PSN ID: killerbeardhawk Steam ID: eaaccount420
    i was under the impression that Burt thought the silenced pistol was in their bag when the zombie was coming after them in the airport. With it missing tho, it probably wasn't stolen from Burt and placed back in the his armory, only to be stolen out of the armory again.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by killerbeardhawk View Post
    i was under the impression that Burt thought the silenced pistol was in their bag when the zombie was coming after them in the airport. With it missing tho, it probably wasn't stolen from Burt and placed back in the his armory, only to be stolen out of the armory again.
    yeah i agree and like all other little occurances in the show burt not finding the pistol at the airport is a big clue

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

*sigh* I am sorry I was not clear.

Burt says the Silencer is in his bag. When Saul checks, he does not find it.
    Assumption Burt really did put the silenser in his bag.

Saul was champing at the bit to go. If Burt put the gun in his bag, there really is not much of a chance for someone to remove it before he leaves.
    Burt and Saul go to look for Lizzy. Then, to rally point Bravo was it? Burt and Saul meet up with at least Michael, Angel and Riley. Maybe there are others. The assault group gets weapons ready. False Alarm. Michael, Angel, Riley head back to the tower. Burt and Saul stay to look for more clues.

This is the only contact Saul and Burt have with the tower. If the gun was stolen from Burt it has to occur before he and Saul leave the tower or at the mallers.

If it is stolen, there is no reason it had to be put in the armory. It may have been kept for personal use.

Just because the armory;s alarm goes off does not mean the weapon had to be removed at this time. In order to cause some chaos so as to get access to Pipen there has to be some sort of misdirection.

"Lurker"

Status
    you were very clear im in total agreement

"Lurker"

Status
    now just another side note is that Burt and/or another team went bback to his shop and cleared out the last of what is left in his vault. that and the fact that he himself says "that only like 10% of his stuff was legal" by that he means CA legal which means no suppressors allowed to be publicly owned. so its another possibility that he had more suppressed weapons that they brought back...an maybe someone with that retrieval team knew about it and grabbed it sometime later. but thats under the assumption there might of been another one but is likely not since their is no reference in the plural to more then one suppressed pistol. and if im not mistaken there is never a clear reference to the caliber of the suppressed pistol although most likes its a M9/M92 9mm pistol or possibly a .22 jetfire, but most likely the former.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

You are right and you probably no a lot more about guns than I do. The "classic" silenced pistol that has appeared a few times is called a Beretta by Michael to which gate keeper adds with a silenser, very nice. Blah Blah Blah...

In this thread I make the assumption that the silenced pistol that we know of. In the Chapter 22 thread I discuss the other possibilities.
    1) A silenced MP5 comes back from the colony.
    2) Some other firearm we have not seen (with Burt's place a possibility.)

This is where things can get interestnig.

I am still making the assumption that the weapon Burt thinks is in his bag is the same one the shooter used.

This theory works if it is the classic silenced weapon we know from the story or if it is a new one he picked up at his shop.

Two Possibilities. Burt Leaves the tower with the Pistol or it is removed before he leaves.

1) He leaves the tower with the silencer. If this it true, the only people known to have access to the weapon are
    Burt (duh, No way Burt is the shooter)
    Saul (duh, No way Saul is the shooter)
    Michael
    Angel
    Riley
    It is always possible that others came from the tower to fight the mallers. But, we do not "KNOW" that. It just complicates things

2) Burt Leaves the Tower, but the weapon is already missing. This is wide open story telling. But, to make it interesting
    Supposition: Burt and Saul will want to take some water, if not food and water. Who has domain over supplies? Riley.

If Burt left the tower with the weapon my people of interest are
    Michael
    Angel
    Riley

If Burt left the tower without it my person of interest is
    Riley.

Just to be perfectly clear, we do not know what weapon was used. But, since this is a story, my guess is the pieces have to fit together. Burt missing his pistol it is a strong flag.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

In summary

Known, logic works if Michael gave Burt the silencer or Burt has another one.
    Known, the weapon gets into Burt's bag.
    Assumption, the weapon used in the shooting is the weapon Burt is missing.
    Assumption, Burt Leaves the tower with the weapon

Question: Who has access to Burt's bag.

People of interest
    Michael
    Angel
    Riley

If the weapon does not leave the tower who would have access to Burts Bag.
    Almost everyone.

"Lurker"

Status
    another something of note, its never said what type of firearm pippin had on him when he arrived at the tower. but thats unlikely to be suppressed since the maulers seem to not have used any thus far. now for the last tid bit. i went back to the first time i can remember hearing the suppressed berreta being used-Chapter 15-3 when they are clearing the beach house. Listen to the sound of it then compare that back to back with the one in the pippin/maybe hope assassination, its the exact same sound so to me says that is for sure its at least the same make and caliber that burt couldnt find an someone may have stolen. its possible he had another one from the vault but more then likely its the only one and that clearly narrows down the suspects who could have grabbed it.

"Scavenger"

Status
    It's the guy who refused to sit on guard duty and Michael got Hope and Angel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast