User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Walking Dead podcast Talks We're Alive-

Hi ya,

My partner Karen and I do a podcast about AMC's The Walking Dead. Just wanted to let you know we talked about We're Alive in our latest episode.

If you want to listen, you can find the episode on iTunes at: http://bit.ly/thedeadcast

Cheers,
    Jason
    Check it out. Starts out about 15 minutes or so. Pretty nice show and review-

"Gatherer"

Status
    Downloading now, and going to check out the rest of their podcast.

Thanks Kc

"Scavenger"

Status
    I love their podcast! Jason is so monotone with a very dry sense of humor and Karen sounds so adorable. I had suggested that they check out We're Alive when The Walking Dead ended and they were going to continue the podcast until the next season started up. They didn't get into the show very much but judging from the review I think they will.

Hey, just saw this. I HAVE been getting into the show. Just finished Chapter 10. Our friend Don was right - the show has aspects I've never seen in a zombie story before. I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but it seems like they're behaving like a kind of hive. One reason I always loved the 'Borg on ST:TNG was because they reminded me of zombies, and WA zombies are even more 'Borg-like.

Anyway, yeah, I'm really enjoying listening. At this rate, I'll be caught up in a couple of days.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Cool! but I should tell you that it may be better to stretch out the listen because when I first found WA I listened all the way through in a few days and the wait between episodes now is awful. I think you were right in your review when you said it may be better to allow for the chapters to build up and then listen, which is something I've been trying for awhile now.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

This was awesome! Excellent analysis, and I love that they mentioned WND and laughed at the concept of the podcast of a podcast (even mentioning the inside joke about having a podcast next year about WND so it's a podcast about a podcast about a podcast). That was a well researched segment, props to them for doing their due diligence!

I also love how they started to touch on not liking some of the things we've mentioned about the opening three chapters (stiff acting etc etc) but shied away because they didn't want to turn anyone off from it even if they did come back around to criticize some things like Datu. Very respectful group, and also very aware of not spoiling anything for anyone. Kick ass! If I actually watched Walking Dead, I would probably subscribe to their podcast
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    If I actually watched Walking Dead
    I lost all respect for you now...
    Last edited by COsurvivor; May 24th, 2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: had to re-edit my last edit
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by COsurvivor View Post
    I lost all respect for you now...
    haha! that's funny. I started to get into the Walking Dead, but other things came up. However, my wife has season one lying around somewhere so I'll probably pop one of the discs in a little later.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

You can lose your respect for me all you want. I was very deeply changed by my first zombie experience (the one I mentioned on WND). I still don't really even like zombies. The reason I'm here is because I like the radio drama and the zombies get sprinkled in for flavor

So me opening back up to watch Walking Dead is a big step for me....jerk
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

@nikvoodoo Hope you do give TWD a try. It's all about the relationships between all the survivors, with zombie action sprinkled in here and there. Actually TWD and WA have something in common that not a lot of zombie stories do - they're both kind of a look at what would happen if a zombie movie kept on going. Yeah, I bet you'd really enjoy TWD. The comic is great stuff too.

And, thanks for the compliments! Good to be appreciated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast