User Tag List

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Were Latch and Scratch safecrackers?

Speculation: The Mallers or Latch and Sratch at a minimum hit "Lock and Loaded" and broke into the safe.

Speculation: In Mark of the Beast a "weapon" that Latch got from a safe was taken by Scratch. Scratch only want to use it if she has to. This implies limited Ammo. .50cal hand gun rounds are rare. Or, is it something more obscure from another safe. They call it a Weapon not a rifle or shotgun or handgun.

True: Scratch's scar is probably less than a few years old. Latch calls it red. So it was pretty deep and a few years old. Alternatively it could be less deep and more recently.

Speculation: Scratch is called Scratch because of the scar (Duh) This implies that there is probably something to Latch. Latches generally open something. Something that is shut and needs opening is a lock. Opening someone elses' Lock is often an illegal act. Do enough illegal acts and you wind up in Jail. End up in Jail enough and you get to graduate to prison.

Speculation: Latch says it was not very hard, you left the code there... When Latch and Scratch show up at the tower the first time. The "wasn't very hard" implies to me sarcasm.
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I originally thought Latch was so named because he was the one who was locked up, but I'm liking this idea too.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

I just wanted to pat myself on the back for this one. I will also add to this by indicating that the family was the planned buyer all along. Scratch knew it was there all along. Scratch was probably going to use it to break into the prison, but since Burt was late, she could not buy it and then she came back with Latch and stole it.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    The answer is in the episode with Kalani at LAX.
    Likes Grognaurd liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Yup, good with a pick and you have no idea.

But, my original post was May 2011. One of my first. I will have to go back and relisten, but I do not recall if the second question is answered. Did they luck out and score the RPG or was it a targeted heist?
    Likes Red Shirt liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    ...I do not recall if the second question is answered. Did they luck out and score the RPG or was it a targeted heist?
    Could be both. The answer to this question is not available on the show. You would have to make that up based on what you know from the show.

And I would like to add another question: When Angel and Saul discovered the special weapons-safe of Burt's, did they mention the RPG on their first visit? If so then the Mallers may have visited the place later on again and have found the RPG at the place then; if not I'd say it is safe to assume that the Malers got hold of the RPG on their first visit and exploit of Locked and Loaded; and having the RPG gave the opportunity to start making plans with it - either to support a huge attack against the Arena or for some dirty infight with other survivor-groups or just for playing dirty games ...

How common is it for Locked and Loaded shops to have RPGs on the display? Especially in huge cities like LA? If common then Latch and Scratch got hold of it because it happened to be there while they just wanted to get weapons; if uncommon or unlikely, then Scratch and Latch were just lucky enough to find one.
    But "maybe, just maybe" (who do I quote here?) someone from Eastern Bay or the Mallers knew the special display inofficially offered by Burt, and so they tried to get hold of it ...

A lot of maybes, and I think we cannot say for sure? Or do I miss something important here? God, 3 am in the morning ... I need to quit the day ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Burt had a buyer lined up for he RPG. He tells Michael that in the chopper when they reinforce the tower. My speculation is that the buyer was the family.

I do not think an RPG is legal. It would not be on display. Nor was it in the secret vault. It was in a smaller safe ready for sale. I suspect there are lots of sporting goods shops that sell guns in LA, but Latch and Scratch cross the width of LA while it is tearing itself apart to target Burt's shop.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    ... My speculation is that the buyer was the family... ...but Latch and Scratch cross the width of LA while it is tearing itself apart to target Burt's shop.
    Good call. I agree... given their locations, it seems odd that they would go that far out unless they knew what was there first.

Another thought that I had recently was does Burt have any more secrets?
    I don't recall in which episode it was, Burt told (bragged/joked) Michael that "well only 10% of what I had was legal."
    He also said that he thought the Y2K thing was a takeover, the sentiment of a survivalist. As a survivalist, he might have been caching weapon and food stores. Given that Burt seems to have been reserved, not quite getting along with or trusting Michael, et.al., completely... Might he still have those other supplies hidden away somewhere else? Not quite the underground vault in the desert from T2... but along those lines.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, LiamKerrington, scbubba liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Burt said that to Michael when he gave him the silensor as a peace offering when they first butted heads with his arrival. You know where Burt might have another cache? His house and I think he lived in einglewoods which is right in ground zero...
    Likes Red Shirt, scbubba liked this post