User Tag List

Thread: The Amory Wars

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling

Notebook The Amory Wars

Hey there everybody, Creemy here. I'm a big fan of the Amory Wars comic books and wondering if anyone else is. Also if anyone else is a fan of Coheed and Cambria (The Band), if your an Amory Wars fan, you should know how they are.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Sigh. Comics and bands. Sigh.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Sigh. Comics and bands. Sigh.
    What's that mean? You not a fan of comics and bands?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Claudio has a crazy mind. Don't pull the ol' "comics and bands" card just yet. All of the Coheed and Cambria albums tell a tale in itself. It's a really really creative thing that most bands don't do.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
    Claudio has a crazy mind. Don't pull the ol' "comics and bands" card just yet. All of the Coheed and Cambria albums tell a tale in itself. It's a really really creative thing that most bands don't do.
    I'm glad to hear you're a fan. I love how you can listen to the songs and get the story without reading the comics. I have a friend who has only ever listened to the music, but understands pretty well what the story is about and we can actually have converstations about it.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    I like Coheed and Cambria, although I only started listening to them after the movie "9" came out. Haven't heard of the comic though, maybe you could tell me something about it to pique my interest?

Oh, and albums that tell an epic tale are awesome! There's a Finnish band called CMX that did a scifi epic album called "Talvikuningas" (Winter King) and it's one of the best I've listened to date.
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

"The Amory Wars takes place in Heaven's Fence, a collection of 78 planets held in place by interconnecting beams of energy, known as the Keywork. The story revolves around the messianic Claudio Kilgannon, son of Coheed Kilgannon and Cambria Kilgannon. Over the course of the story, Claudio assumes the mantle of The Crowing, foretold savior of Heaven's Fence. In the end, he must face the "Supreme Tri-mage" Wilhelm Ryan, absolute ruler of Heaven's Fence and the one ultimately responsible for the death of Claudio's family." (Wikipedia)

It's an extremely complicated and long story, so kind of hard to explain. Basically there are three genetically created people who each have a special abilites or weapons. They were created to defeat the evil Wilhelm Ryan who was seeking control of the Keywork. Two of the three have children, but then learn that these children have a disease that will turn them into monsters that will destroy the Keywork and kill everyone. So they make the difficult decision to kill their children to save everyone. The rest of the story is about defeating Wilhelm Ryan. Like I said, it's complicated, and I don't wanna give too much away. But it's really good and I highly recommend it.