User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Being a fan of the "old class" of wrestling (Macho Man, Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Million Dollar Man, Doink The Clown, etc) it's really a sad time. Just crazy when things are so sudden. He'd just gotten remarried for the millionth time, but seemed complacent in life through interviews I've heard/seen. Knowing the WWE, he'll be in the Hall of Fame this year. Though I don't know why he wasn't in earlier.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meeks View Post
    Being a fan of the "old class" of wrestling (Macho Man, Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Million Dollar Man, Doink The Clown, etc) it's really a sad time. Just crazy when things are so sudden. He'd just gotten remarried for the millionth time, but seemed complacent in life through interviews I've heard/seen. Knowing the WWE, he'll be in the Hall of Fame this year. Though I don't know why he wasn't in earlier.
    He wasn't in earlier because according to a story told by Rowdy Roddy Piper he slapped Vince at a bar. There are a lot of things you can do to management in the 'E but getting physical with Vince outside a storyline usually ends up in your career's destruction (See: Nailz). The only person who has ever made it back into Vince's good graces after assaulting him outside the ring was Bret Hart and that's much different scenario. However, with his addition into the WWE All Stars game, it was an indicator that Randy and Vince were patching it up.

I think with the warming of relations between McMahon and Savage, plus all the national media coverage he was given I would not be shocked if WWE doesn't capitalize on the wave and announce his induction to the hall of fame soon to try to keep the attention on Savage. Hell, they already announced the main event for Wrestlemania the night after Wrestlemania so...who knows?

I believe I have quoted Mr. Labar's news post quite handily
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Yeah, Labar is a really smart cookie. I read WZ almost all the time and in love with Chair Shot Reality. Things these days will never be as awesome as it was back then, and in the "Attitude Era".

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: TheAmazingBoomer
    Randy Savage was my favorite wrestler growing up as a kid, I loved his work whether he was a heel or a face (though heel Savage was my preference) I remember watching Saturday Night's Main Event as a kid and staying up late just to watch the Macho Man kick someones ass. I also remember being the only kid I knew that was so happy when he finally decided to turn on Hulk Hogan and challenge him for the WWF title.

In an era full of crazy gimmicks and ridiculously muscular wrestlers, Savage always seemed to stick out to me, his whole persona, the voice...the colorful ring attire and of course Miss Elizabeth. Besides, I always felt his in ring work was underappreciated, and his WrestleMania 3 match with Ricky Steamboat is one of my favorite matches ever.

I guess I just wanna say thanks for all the memories you gave me as a kid....R.I.P. "Macho King", there'll never be another like you.
    Last edited by BoomerXL; May 23rd, 2011 at 11:52 AM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    I agree Boomer. I've always been more into the technical aspect of it. From Macho Man, to Ricky Steamboat, Bret Hart, Chris Jericho (one of my all time favorites), and Bryan Danielson (now Daniel Bryan in WWE)

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

joint-point-counter-joint

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12