User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Wrestling Legend Randy "Macho Man" Savage Dead at 58...

...So lets share some memories!

While I know the argument can be made that wrestling isn't a sport, I'm putting this here anyways.

This is doubly sad for me as a wrestling fan first off because Randy was a legend, and one of the ultimate performers. Secondly, because his program with Jake "The Snake" Roberts is what hooked me in wrestling for life. Way back in the dark ages of October of 1991 I watched in horror as Jake let his King Cobra bite Savage on the arm and this was my final push into fandom.

One of his best matches in my opinion by far: Wrestlemania 3 with Steamboat still considered to be one of the best televised matches of all time.

What are you favorite memories of Macho Man? And lets everyone Snap into a slim jim in honor of his memory tonight!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Need a little excitement ?

http://youtu.be/zZ7bRM8VR0o

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    i was hoping he would make an appearance at some wwe show in the future, but sadly this wont happen
    he is now ONE With The Force

A friend told me that he went to 4 different 7-11's and they were all out of Slim Jims.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    I remember watching him as a kid along with my brother. I don't remember seeing Macho Man without Ms. Elizabeth ringside, ever. She brought along feuds for Macho Man like with George "the Animal" Steele. Definitely dating myself here, but wrestling was fun to watch as a kid, especially since everything looked so real in a young kid's eyes.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hell no hellbringer! I totally know what you're talking about! Long live the first couple of wrestling in our hearts! Liz made every angle with Savage that much better. She was such a fantastic seller for the opponents, it made every comeback win seem amazing. They really were perfect together.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

joint-point-counter-joint

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

So wait... what killed him? First post was inconclusive and I don't feel like using google.

"Gatherer"

Status
    He was driving and had a heart attack and lost control of his car at which point he swerved across the other side of the road and went head first into a tree. It is believed that the heart attack killed him not the car crash because his wife (they had just recently celebrated the one year wedding anniversary) was in the car with him and she escaped with only minor injuries although then again maybe she was wearing a seat belt and he wasn't. I think he made it to hospital (I can't remember what the story said exactly) but either way, sad day. Watch him headline the Hall of Fame next year now

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Macho, macho man....

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Hell no hellbringer! I totally know what you're talking about! Long live the first couple of wrestling in our hearts! Liz made every angle with Savage that much better. She was such a fantastic seller for the opponents, it made every comeback win seem amazing. They really were perfect together.

He will be missed... He truly was a show onto himself, not those of today!
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast