User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cPT.cAPSLOCK View Post
    Just my $0.02
    I see what you did there

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    This whole idea is brilliant. I live in the Pittsburgh Metro area and am gonna see if there are any such schools around. Also in many large cities there are not only schools for the visually impaired but also community centers dedicated to the same causes.

"Scavenger"

Status
    What About the Deaf People? Can You guys make like A were alive book with Braille writing? ya know the dots in a 2 by 3 rectangle that correspond to letters? ex: a dot in the top left part of the rectangle is an A.

The Voice of Narf FM

Status

Gamertag: ComradeNarf PSN ID: ComradeNarf
    Thanks for the help cupcakezombie and cPT. cAPSLOCK. The changes have been added to the letter!
    Angel Fan Club Haiku:
    Angel is the best.
    Quick! Leap through that window there!
    Ew, flat behemoth.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eitri View Post
    What About the Deaf People? Can You guys make like A were alive book with Braille writing? ya know the dots in a 2 by 3 rectangle that correspond to letters? ex: a dot in the top left part of the rectangle is an A.
    The problem is that We're Alive has been made with the audio format in mind. In written format (Braille or text, doesn't matter) a lot of the show's strengths will fade.
    For example, the great voice acting, the high-pace action scenes, the sound effects in the background, and so forth.

Therefore, I think there are other projects better suited for them.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeNarf View Post
    Here's a rough draft for the contact letter. My thoughts for structure are: A.) Greetings B.) What We're Doing C.) Why Your School Would Want This D.) Possible Edited/Unedited Versions and Closing.
    Sorry it took so long for me to respond. Been writing the season finale and working on ch 22...
    We can make it from 'Modern Myth Productions' and leave out any mentions of names. That would make it more professional. The project is under Modern myth LLC now, so we don't make mention of Wayland Productions.
    It's 4 Million downloads as of today I think the last paragraph might need some tweaking. Looking at it, I don't think we'll make the adult language disk version an option for them. We should just say we're making a version specifically for this program free of language, etc. Part of that, I'm wondering, it how we make the discs, etc... I'd really love to find a school that's close to California and test this out. Each disk would need some sort of marking so someone who is blind know which disk is which, and so on.

What's the teams's thoughts, does that work? Well written BTW, this is working out great!

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    Also, everyone should "like" this page, get this some traffic. Just click "like" at the top. That is if you have your facebook connected with the forums.

The Voice of Narf FM

Status

Good call, StepLaugh.

KC, I'll update the letter this evening. As for the discs, I'll dig through the American Council for the Blind and see what information I can pull up. I would assume the best option would be to have a sleeve for each disc, with braille on the sleeve. The big question is, who manufactures that, and what options do you have with the new distributor for We're Alive. Perhaps they have contact with manufacturers that could provide a braille case. I'll report back after I've done some digging.

And KC, no using Chapter 22 as an excuse - from what I've read on the forums it's not very popular. Kidding! Kidding! Let's see if we can't find a school nearby you too and contact them, maybe have them be a charter school for the Outreach Program.
    Last edited by ComradeNarf; May 24th, 2011 at 01:45 PM.
    Angel Fan Club Haiku:
    Angel is the best.
    Ew, flat behemoth.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    If it's not pos to lable the cd's maybe the casing the cd sits on. Also state the cd number at the start of the cd too. But I bought a cd that was painted with a rubberised texture that might work!?

The Voice of Narf FM

Status

Okay, KC's changes have been added in; please let me know what you all think. I'm wondering if there needs to be anything more in the 4th paragraph, a "Hey, write us back if you want the free stuff" or something like that.

As far as the CD, looking at the ACB's notes, they bring up a good point - any sort of braille on the disc will throw off the weight. Not to mention finding a way to permanently adhere it to the disc, making it raised enough for users, while not making it too tall for slot-load players like the PS3. KC, do you have any idea what the new distribution packaging looks like, if it will be different from the current Season One? If it's similar to what's being used now, I don't know of any way to easily label everything. I still think sleeves with braille stickers on them would be best, but it's purely guesswork at the moment. Any other suggestions folks?

Also KC, the closest dedicated school I could find to you was the California School for the Blind, located in Freemont. There were a few places closer to you, but they mostly just provided services. I'll keep looking for more, but the CSB might be a good place to start.
    Angel Fan Club Haiku:
    Angel is the best.
    Ew, flat behemoth.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast