User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Poloroids We're Alive Outreach program.

Hello Gentlemen and Ladies. One of my goals of the series has not been fulfilled yet. And that was an outreach program to bring free copies of We're Alive to Schools for the Blind. I think it might be something grades 9 and up at least, but something I want to have happen.

Is there anyone here who would like to become that liaison? This idea isn't concrete, but I was curious who might be interested-
    Last edited by Kc; May 24th, 2011 at 11:50 AM.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    What exactly does that entail? I don't think I'de be old enough to be able to help, but I love that idea. If I can't do anything else, I'de be willing to donate money if I need to.
    Last edited by Creem_Filling; May 18th, 2011 at 05:14 PM.

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    I could help with New Zealand, but I guess I am too far away from the States to help there.
    I don't think we have any schools for the blind, but we do have a Foundation for the Blind that I am sure would love this.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    It's a wonderful idea, the only problem I see with it is the language in the podcast.

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by StepLaugh View Post
    It's a wonderful idea, the only problem I see with it is the language in the podcast.
    I had language like this in some of the books/movies we studied at higher levels at school. Once the schools have been offered the copies they can choose who gets it, but if they don't have access, they can't.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    My view on this proposal... It DEPENDS GREATLY on what country and State/Providence you live in...

Let me explain, as many Non-Americans may have learned from watching us, WE (USA) are pretty Conservative and stiff about such things being shown to our kids. BUT, this is not true for all of our States... In California, not so much (maybe). I live in Colorado now and that is so stiff you can break a branch on, so the idea of passing this out to kids here would not go over well.

I can only counsel that this proposal should be looked on as a case-by-case basis only, do not think EVERYONE will jump at such a opportunity.

You may not like what I am saying here, but you cannot deny it either...
    Last edited by COsurvivor; May 19th, 2011 at 06:34 AM. Reason: grammar
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by COsurvivor View Post
    My view on this proposal... It DEPENDS GREATLY on what country and State/Providence you live in...

Let me explain, as many Non-Americans may have learned from watching us, WE (USA) are pretty Conservative and stiff about such things being shown to our kids. BUT, this is not true for all of our States... In California, not so much (maybe). I live in Colorado now and that is so stiff you can break a branch on, so the idea of passing this out to kids here would not go over well.

I can only counsel that this proposal should be looked on as a case-by-case basis only, do not think EVERYONE will jump at such a opportunity.

You may not like what I am saying here, but you cannot deny it either...
    Ok, so that pushes me in another direction, that of creating a language free version of the show. We've been trying to do that for a while, and I think this will turn the tides.

What I find funny to me, if I can rant for a minute, the whole idea of offense by swear words. Watching Firefly last night and a long time ago "Frak" from Battlestar Galactica, they made up swear words to get around it, BUT it was entirely necessary for those people to use the language.

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Ok, so that pushes me in another direction, that of creating a language free version of the show. We've been trying to do that for a while, and I think this will turn the tides.

What I find funny to me, if I can rant for a minute, the whole idea of offense by swear words. Watching Firefly last night and a long time ago "Frak" from Battlestar Galactica, they made up swear words to get around it, BUT it was entirely necessary for those people to use the language.
    Or just get them to swear in other languages! How good is your Mandarin?
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by j0be View Post
    Or just get them to swear in other languages! How good is your Mandarin?
    Shitty.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I love this idea, i am not blind but i have Irlean's syndrome. put simply i find reading very tiring and i don't enjoy it although i love stories.text does not look like words but patterns and does not make sense. when i was younger i found the voice on audio books very dull. this idea is very good and the content would of appealed to me. hope this works.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast