User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr

Fox Fall Lineup - and why I'm disappointed

Fox announced its fall lineup yesterday (see trailers here). My biggest disappointment? Locke & Key didn't make it. Grr... It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't such bad choices in the accepted lineup. EG: Napoleon Dynamite. I don't know if you like Napoleon Dynamite, but I was in the camp that thought the movie was awful. And seriously? Alan Gregory? One season before it gets canceled. Bleh. </rant>
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j0be View Post
    Fox announced its fall lineup yesterday (see trailers here). My biggest disappointment? Locke & Key didn't make it. Grr... It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't such bad choices in the accepted lineup. EG: Napoleon Dynamite. I don't know if you like Napoleon Dynamite, but I was in the camp that thought the movie was awful. And seriously? Alan Gregory? One season before it gets canceled. Bleh. </rant>
    after they cancelled the good guys, i lost all my love for fox and their television intellect.

"Scavenger"

Status
    they need to bring back 24. that is my 2 cents. that was pretty much the only show i watched on fox.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    I guess I'll lay out my 2cents on each:

Alcatraz - Looks promising. Story seems a bit too Fringe for me, but only time will tell.
    Allen Gregory - Eh.. the guy who does the main character's voice sounds familiar.. but eh..I smell a flop.
    I Hate My Teenage Daughter - Pass
    Napoleon Dynamite - Way past its prime, no thanks.
    New Girl - No thanks, generic subject.
    Terra Nova - DO WANT
    The Finder - Meh.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Remember that Family Guy joke that preceded them coming back on the air?

There were some half way decent shows that Fox has cancelled in the past that I got pissed about (see: Titus) and I am really really pissed off about Lie to Me. But you could see the writing on the wall. Fox has proven over and over again they would rather experiment and hope to find a hit vs. sticking with a show that has a fan base. It's the reason they've always been at or near the bottom of the heap out of the four networks.

Remember as pointed out above: this is the network that cancelled Family Guy and were forced to admit their mistake when Cartoon Network made a boat load of money by airing old episodes. I always got the impression that when it came to cancelling and green lighting their projects it involved knives, a blindfold, and a wheel with a lady tied to it.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    As long as they keep Raising Hope on its all good.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    All of the Networks still rely WAY too much on Nielsen ratings and don't take into account the numbers from sites like Hulu or views of episodes on their own sites. It's an antiquated system and because of it good shows are cancelled. As to what makes them air a show like Napoleon Dynamite, well I'm with Nik on the knife wielding blindfolded network exec.
    There are a few instances of internet campaigns to save shows that worked (see: Chuck) but for the most part, if they think they can take the Nielsen numbers to the ad execs and get the most green then that is what is going to happen.
    BTW, Does anyone here know a Nielen family? I don't.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I totally agree. The neilson rating system is way past its usefulness in dictating viewership, if it ever was useful to begin with. I also do not know anyone using the system but I have more friends than I can count that use Netflix and Hulu as there main source of TV entertainment, myself included. I cannot wait for the day when Television shows no longer have an "air date" but rather just a release date in which they are released across Netflix, Hulu, Apple store, On demand, etc.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    Ever since FOX got rid of Terminator:TSCC I've stopped getting into Primetime Shows. but THANK ALAH for TNT bringing Back Southland, that's an awesome show.
    but yeah, because The 4400 and T:TSCC were canceled i wont be watching Terra Nova Religiously. i cant stand the heart break, haha :P
    In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I always got the impression that when it came to cancelling and green lighting their projects it involved knives, a blindfold, and a wheel with a lady tied to it.
    That suddenly makes the cancelling of Firefly make a lot more sense...
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast