User Tag List

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Dark Sector - May have zombies but...

Yeah, so after beating the dead horse that is Mass Effect, I decided to jump onto a regular shooter in order to clear out my library of "disposable" games. Thus my choosing of Dark Sector.

While I'm only half way through and I seem to be fighting zombie-like creatures, I don't recommend this game to many people. The controls don't feel right, hitting the enemy with either melee attacks or weapons seems off, and the camera looks a little funny. In fact, I'm only drudging through this game now because I bought it at Hollywood Video when they were going out of business and I finally decided to give the game a chance.

While the game got decent reviews three years ago, it doesn't bode well when compared, whether incidentally or not, to the newer crop of third person zombie/infection shooters.

I am going to finish this game because I don't like leaving games undone after I start.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: TheAmazingBoomer
    Like you I gave Dark Sector a shot but I never got around to beating it before getting bored of it

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    I enjoyed the game, liked it alot, different from a few others, like it so much started on hardcore mode, which is easy if you corner shoot.

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: TheAmazingBoomer
    Yeah the whole glaive thing was pretty cool, it was fun cutting enemies off at the knee...just got distracted by other games I guess

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Finished Dark Sector the other night. I can see where the story was trying to go, but the camera was pissing me off too much. The next to last boss took forever to beat because of two things: the camera being wonky when I tried to turn or avoid the nemesis, and it took forever for nemesis to use the lightning charge that eventually powered up my glaive. The final boss was simpler and quicker to beat than nemesis; that shouldn't be the case.
    Might try Alone in the Dark, but I'll have to see what kind of mood I'm in for when I get back into town.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    Finished Dark Sector the other night. I can see where the story was trying to go, but the camera was pissing me off too much. The next to last boss took forever to beat because of two things: the camera being wonky when I tried to turn or avoid the nemesis, and it took forever for nemesis to use the lightning charge that eventually powered up my glaive. The final boss was simpler and quicker to beat than nemesis; that shouldn't be the case.
    Might try Alone in the Dark, but I'll have to see what kind of mood I'm in for when I get back into town.
    The ending was so short, needed more to it.