User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scars

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

I think KC just made a huge mistake, an Anachronism.

Actually I have been curious about this for a long time. At first I thought the first wave of zombies were escapes from a goverment lab, but ground zero suggests it was more of a viral type situation. Since the Zombies need to circulate blood it doesn't make sense that it was just wounds that didn't bleed. Since the special zombies have had strong growths or mutations that the zombies that orginated from ground zero had the ability to isolate blood flow to the core of the body, like a sea mammal.

I am going to vote that KC screwed up just to see if I rattle some cages
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    In Chapter 2 we find single zombies throughout the tower. They may have been exposed and retreated home, but I believe there is an airborne means of transmition in addition to the classic blood-based. This is not a classic reanimator. The zombies are alive and thus the double entendre of the title.

I do not think there is any way for a blood-based pathogen to purge greater than >99.99% of LA. Second, although a few thousand zombies coming to eat you is horrific, LA should produce millions and we just do not see that. Most people just Die.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    In Chapter 2 we find single zombies throughout the tower. They may have been exposed and retreated home, but I believe there is an airborne means of transmition in addition to the classic blood-based. This is not a classic reanimator. The zombies are alive and thus the double entendre of the title.

I do not think there is any way for a blood-based pathogen to purge greater than >99.99% of LA. Second, although a few thousand zombies coming to eat you is horrific, LA should produce millions and we just do not see that. Most people just Die.
    I was thinking something along these lines re-listening to Season 1 recently. Most of the people in the Tower before it all started were out at work/school/errands/whatever but some folks were at home, I'm sure. So either, there was some initial thing that happened that caused spontaneous "turning" of people throughout LA (probably not given the heat map Micahel & Co produced to ID Ground Zero) or some outside Zeds came into the Tower (for food, etc) and killed/turned the population that were there.

That doesn't disprove an airborne vector but it probably restricts it.

And as to the number of Zeds vs the number of dead, I'm not sure we have any info on why someone gets turned instead of getting eaten in the course of Zed vs human interaction.
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Guys, maybe we just desperately need someone who is more proficient with conducting an autopsy than Tanya is. Maybe the Fox Mulder of this forum should ask...

All in all, there has not been much progress in finding any medical evidence how the pandemy started.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Ah, Captain Fancy Pants, I think we're alive has a similarities to Serenity. Some people lay down and die. Some go zombie and Others get sleepy and recover

I have another thread were people get within melee distance of zombies and then have to sleep it off

Michael saving Lizzy
    Lizzy at the rescue (less severe)
    Burt at his store
    Saul in the car (less severe)
    Kalani at the Arena
    Tanya with Randy (less severe)
    Riley in the tower / helicopter
    Many Red Shirts being dragged through out the story

There are probably others
    Likes Bakkie-Pleur, Cabbage Patch, scbubba liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Ah, Captain Fancy Pants, I think we're alive has a similarities to Serenity. Some people lay down and die. Some go zombie and Others get sleepy and recover

I have another thread were people get within melee distance of zombies and then have to sleep it off

Michael saving Lizzy
    Lizzy at the rescue (less severe)
    Burt at his store
    Saul in the car (less severe)
    Kalani at the Arena
    Tanya with Randy (less severe)
    Riley in the tower / helicopter
    Many Red Shirts being dragged through out the story

There are probably others
    Good observation on the sleeping aspect. Hadn't thought about that connection. Could be PTZD (Post Traumatic Zed Disorder).

And +1 for the Captain Fancypants reference....
    Likes Cabbage Patch, Grognaurd liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post

Could be PTZD (Post Traumatic Zed Disorder).
    Lol

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredWell Liked
    Unbelievable how many many plot theories come from this show, it might be because of the medium (audio drama) is perfect for mysteries and plot speculations, but the writing is pure qaulity!
    Likes Witch_Doctor, scbubba liked this post
    http://www.apocalypsezone.com
    The moment I became a fan of Angel: "Oh look, Datu is crying again"

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

I CAN'T REMEMBER??? Michael saving Lizzy
    I CAN'T REMEMBER??? Lizzy at the rescue (less severe)
    DEHYDRATED: Burt at his store
    [B] [/B Saul in the car (less severe)
    DRUGS: Kalani at the Arena
    CONCUSSION: Tanya with Randy (less severe)
    HOW WAS SHE HURT, GOOD EXAMPLE---> Riley in the tower / helicopter
    WHEN YOU CRAP YOUR PANTS ITS JUST EASIER TO PLAY DEAD THAN ADMIT IT" Many Red Shirts being dragged through out the story
    Last edited by Duffusmonkey; Aug 20th, 2013 at 07:52 PM.
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Michael meets Lizzy and Todd at the door with a zombie. I do not believe that because Michael had a hard day clearing the tower and then suffered cat naps at the door can justify sleeping another 24 hours especially when Saul and Angel try to wake him. There was no waking you, Sarge. Said Saul

Lizzy arrives and Riley puts he to bed. She will be alright... But, when Riley asks her to grab the litter box so the cat won't shit on the sofa, Lizzy does not no where the room is. I infer that she also must have been groggy and did not understand the sleeping arrangements even she had been there 36 or more hours

Burt, did Burt's shop lose water pressure unlike the rest of LA? I think his dehydration is caused by his being knocked out by the contagion, not that he passes out because he is dehydrated.

Kalani was messed up even before drugs are mentioned.

Others. I will never be a fan of Hollywood's bop them on the head and have people out for minutes to hours and then clear as a bell. Nope, I think there is more going on. You might be right, but I see repeating patterns and think they are part of story weave.
    Likes Cabbage Patch, Duffusmonkey liked this post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast