User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scars

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Scars

Nope, not scratch. Scars.

In the first chapter Michael sees his first group of creatures and says they were covered in Scars and Bruises. As a vet of three tours he is going to know the difference between a new wound and a scar. If scar is really what KC ment, then these are "older" zombies that have been around. Maybe even in cold storage and released. Alternatively, these zombies have super healing powers and wounds are not ignored and left open for cinematic effect. Then again, maybe scars was not quite the right word.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Nope, not scratch. Scars.

In the first chapter Michael sees his first group of creatures and says they were covered in Scars and Bruises. As a vet of three tours he is going to know the difference between a new wound and a scar. If scar is really what KC ment, then these are "older" zombies that have been around. Maybe even in cold storage and released. Alternatively, these zombies have super healing powers and wounds are not ignored and left open for cinematic effect. Then again, maybe scars was not quite the right word.
    That's something I had not considered. Good one. Perhaps it was very much intentionally dismissed. Makes me wonder if this was not in fact something that escaped from a lab. Creatures that had been 'studied' for quite some time, which may have lead to scaring and bruising. However, the scaring and bruising wouldn't make a lot of sense if they were already dead. Dead tissue won't scar or bruise. Which makes me wonder if they were alive and simply under some outside influence. Confusing indeed.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Scavenger"

Status
    Good one i never thought of that

"Scavenger"

Status

Gamertag: crazyyetii PSN ID: crazyyetii
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    That's something I had not considered. Good one. Perhaps it was very much intentionally dismissed. Makes me wonder if this was not in fact something that escaped from a lab. Creatures that had been 'studied' for quite some time, which may have lead to scaring and bruising. However, the scaring and bruising wouldn't make a lot of sense if they were already dead. Dead tissue won't scar or bruise. Which makes me wonder if they were alive and simply under some outside influence. Confusing indeed.
    Very interest point scars need the living to heal.. very naughty scientists indeed...need more lab rats?...no worries send in the convicts.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rottenash View Post
    Very interest point scars need the living to heal.. very naughty scientists indeed...need more lab rats?...no worries send in the convicts.
    Hard to say though. It may have been a description that was simply overlooked... but it makes no sense, unless Mike was not too focused on identifying them. However, that makes little sense either since his military background in INTEL should have him scrutinizing them with as much attention to detail as possible. So that brings me back around to something more sinister. I'm leaning towards the outbreak having come from a lab and that these creatures have been studied by scientists for quite some time.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Here is a therory that I and my friends made. it is mildly humorous. A man walks into hospital in Kansas city, and is soon admited for having out of the ordinary symptoms, as the nurse goes to check him out she is promptly bitten and then he bites someone else, they are not alarmed by the bites, but rather one person at a time just kinda walks up and is like "wha happen to chu?" kinda like a conga line out the hospital door....then one person screams and it is a mad dash to her, a dog pile then nothing left, like paranas. then just normal zombie's hunting the rest of life.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I was thinking the scars were from experiments possibly what made them zombies or mutant or what have you

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    While the bruises needing living tissue to in fact, become bruises completely destroys my theory...here's what I thought on my first relisten of the first season

at the point Michael sees this group attack the car behind him. It seems unlikely that they have had time to bruise if they were the first to be turned..a little later we learn of Inglewood being in the center of the wave. There's a cemetery in Inglewood...dead rising from graves..a little later we here of "ink" on the TiVo and how he is convicted of multiple homicides....could these be his victims, back from the dead?...has he been turned for longer than we realize?...do bruises go away once your dead?( I honestly don't know that one) that's the things I thought of first...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Bruises do not go away when you're dead. Make up applied by a mortician or embalmer is used to hide the discoloration of the skin.

If these were the victims of a murder, their remains would have gone through an autopsy meaning had all their internal organs removed and analyzed (including the brain) and replaced into the body in a bag and sewn in. That brings the We're Alive Universe into the realm of George Romero because it seems to me as I look around the board most people subscribe to the Zombies being alive in some capacity, just altered genetically or something along those lines.

....oh my....I just had a thought.....that thread is getting posted right now....
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Scavenger"

Status
    So many people are leaning towards some sort of scientific experiment gone wrong, I can't help thinking it will actually be something completely different. I have no idea what that might be, just that we're going to get thrown some curveball

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast