User Tag List

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    "Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by COsurvivor View Post
    So I was listening to the Season 1 Box set today and I heard something in the background in Chapter 1-1...

After Michael leaves his class, you hear a news broadcast... The anchor talks about how an area around LA and Downtown San Diego has rioters! OOPS!

Umm, how can this happen in 2 places at once??? We have moved away from San Diego and focus on LA being the epicenter of the "outbreak".
    They make mention of it happening in several metropolitan areas and as we know from Kalani, they popped up in Hawaii too. This isn't just a localized event, otherwise, at some point in the 4 or so months this has been going on, we would have seen some sign of the outside world checking out what has happened in LA.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by j0be View Post
    Yep. Good eye. Sorry to rain on your parade, but KC already addressed it in this thread.
    Thanks for telling me that KC had pointed that out I must have not seen that

Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by shananala8 View Post
    They make mention of it happening in several metropolitan areas and as we know from Kalani, they popped up in Hawaii too. This isn't just a localized event, otherwise, at some point in the 4 or so months this has been going on, we would have seen some sign of the outside world checking out what has happened in LA.
    Good. I didn't know or still don't realize that the outbreak was simultaneous. It is important if the spread was from several points or if it was centered in LA/SanDiego. I think we have all seen a movie that shows an outbreak or spread of something taking over the world in 48hrs

As to the loopholes and inconsistencies I have none at this time... and then I remembered the posts about Ink diving out the window and someone computed Ink hit 80 mph as he went from 200 yrds to 300 yrds. By the time Bert shot, Ink should have been at 500yrds! Now that is a pistol shot even for Shirly!
    TB
    Last edited by Teethingbiscuit; May 18th, 2011 at 07:49 AM.
    Does rocking the Claw Machine a worthy apocalyptic talent?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Minor one

In Separate Dying Embers Part 2 ~ 9:30. Datu is sent upstairs to get the "Gas" tanks. He says they are empty and is told to siphon some from the Generator.

They may be Gas Tanks, but I would have them labeled DIESEL and reprimand anyone who called them “gas tanks” to reinforce that there are two different fuels and using one for the other is BAD.

It is most likely a Diesel Generator. Saul calls it as such and to preserve diesel supplies they take the hybrid instead of the Humvee and they got a tanker full of Diesel in Lady and the Tink.

If the generator is filled with Diesel, one cannot siphon gas from it. One would get Diesel and Diesel does not really “explode” like gasoline. If he got Diesel instead of gas, it would not explode when it was hit by bullets, but it would most likely set the ground on fire for a while rather than explode when hit by the flare.

BUT, most importantly there are ZOMBIES running around. So, I am more than willing to extend my disbelief and go a bit on faith. 8)

Possible work arounds…
    (Paraphrased)

Michael: you know the “gas” tanks by the generator

Datu say, They are empty

Michael Siphon some gas from the generator

Datu Its DIESEL

Michael: JUST DO IT.

Datu, Fine but it is not going to work anyway…

IN part 3 When I listened to it the first time, I thought explosion. The second time it was more ambiguous. When they throw the flares ensure the sound affect is much more like flames than explosion. Then, have a character point to the visual

“Look at that wall of fire! It will be a while before anymore can get into the lobby.”

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Minor one

In Separate Dying Embers Part 2 ~ 9:30. Datu is sent upstairs to get the "Gas" tanks. He says they are empty and is told to siphon some from the Generator.

They may be Gas Tanks, but I would have them labeled DIESEL .....
    I'm not exactly sure what your argument for an inconsistency is. Are you saying its because Michael called the canisters used to transport the diesel fuel "Gas cans?" That's just kinda semantics. You would transport diesel in gas cans. You get diesel fuel from a gas station. I understand the difference but is it that much of a difference that if I said to someone "Siphon off gas from that engine" they would need to say "Its diesel, not gas." ? Besides, at the moment, the only fuel source they have access to is the diesel from the tanker they stole from the mallers. They haven't been transporting any other variety in the series.

The sound we hear when the flares are thrown at the gas cans is consistent with the "WHOMPH" sound you would expect to hear in comparison to the pipe bomb explosions/Tanker bomb explosions we've heard else where in the series. (Time hack: 13-3, ~8:15)
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

yea, you are right. It is more than semantics and not worth mentioning. Delete my two posts, it would keep the thread cleaner. One of these days, I am going to have to try vodka and diesel molotavs. I do not think they will work. Alcohol does not burn very hot and does not give off a lot of heat and a lot of that heat is going to be consumed in the separation of the alcohol form the water. Diesel does not vaporize well and really limits its burn rate to a two dimensional surface area

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Arthur,

Pure alcohol molotovs have worked fine for hundreds of years! Whatever you hit...burns.
    Since you're talking about creating a new kind, i'd add some kind of gel based item like lard to the mix. Make different versions of homemade Napalm or Greek Fire.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Pure Alcohol is one thing. Popping a cloth in any ol bottle of booze one has left over is another. But, maybe there was a lush in the tower and they had stacks of 151. We could look it up, but I do not think stuff below 100proof burns. yea, I am not trying to reinvent the wheel. I am just trying to put the classic homemade off the shelf and have it burn and ignite other objects.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Pure Alcohol is one thing. Popping a cloth in any ol bottle of booze one has left over is another. But, maybe there was a lush in the tower and they had stacks of 151. We could look it up, but I do not think stuff below 100proof burns. yea, I am not trying to reinvent the wheel. I am just trying to put the classic homemade off the shelf and have it burn and ignite other objects.
    I knew I should have corrected that "Pure" term. I guess I was simply trying to say that Uncle Coot's Jim Bean has worked pretty good for a long time. LOL.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Teethingbiscuit View Post
    Good. I didn't know or still don't realize that the outbreak was simultaneous. It is important if the spread was from several points or if it was centered in LA/SanDiego. I think we have all seen a movie that shows an outbreak or spread of something taking over the world in 48hrs

As to the loopholes and inconsistencies I have none at this time... and then I remembered the posts about Ink diving out the window and someone computed Ink hit 80 mph as he went from 200 yrds to 300 yrds. By the time Bert shot, Ink should have been at 500yrds! Now that is a pistol shot even for Shirly!
    TB
    Burt grabbed his rifle. Wasn't a pistol. And, in a way we tried to imply a slow down in time as it focuses on Burt's breath. But either way it was a LONG shot.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast