User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No ads podcast

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I understand that ADs are a pain, just like on TV and anywhere we are forced to see or listen to them... Including when we go to the movies now...

BUT, we need to look at the reality of things... This production needs this little influx of cash to keep it going. Good Will is all and dandy for those who are high and mighty, but these people need to live...

What is the harm of listening to ads here?
    I would ask if the ads could be struck from the CD sets though...
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

"Lurker"

Status
    I think people have misunderstood what I meant. I dont mean get rid of all the ad's. I meant release a sperate podcast of we're alive digitaly ad free but which users would have to pay for. It wouldnt cost much plus it should help get some revenue in.

Its may not be really useful right now since the ads are only 30+ seconds long but maybe in the future when they get more ad sponsors.

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Quote Originally Posted by Makson View Post
    I think people have misunderstood what I meant. I dont mean get rid of all the ad's. I meant release a sperate podcast of we're alive digitaly ad free but which users would have to pay for. It wouldnt cost much plus it should help get some revenue in.

Its may not be really useful right now since the ads are only 30+ seconds long but maybe in the future when they get more ad sponsors.
    I understood you perfectly, but I think the conversation evolved beyond your initial question.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by COsurvivor View Post
    I understand that ADs are a pain, just like on TV and anywhere we are forced to see or listen to them... Including when we go to the movies now...

BUT, we need to look at the reality of things... This production needs this little influx of cash to keep it going. Good Will is all and dandy for those who are high and mighty, but these people need to live...

What is the harm of listening to ads here?
    I would ask if the ads could be struck from the CD sets though...
    As of right now, the only versions that will be ad-free will be the CD sets, and the Digital Downloads of the Seasons. That's just what we have to do to keep going.

A Paid-for version that's ad free would marginalize sales of the seasons. More bang for your buck if you're paying for episodes that are complete as Chapters and not as episodes too.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    I understand completely...
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    i don't mind the ads, in the pod cast myself. I know that donations and ads are necessary to keep this going. I even bought the season 1 at Barnes and Noble in the audiobook section. I am hoping and waiting for season 2 to come out. love the series

"Lurker"

Status

Podcast Suggestion

Personally, I find it frustrating that each time I got to listen to a chapter I have an ad interrupt the middle of it.
    Is it possible to release "Chapters" as opposed to parts.. I enjoy the parts just as much. But maybe create an entirely section for whole chapters and do triple the ads?
    Just a thought..
    (and yes, i know i can alternatively go buy the season cds)

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

If I'm understanding you correctly: You're asking for a release of full length chapters instead of the chapter parts? Or are you asking for a complete chapter to be released after the parts have already been released?

Either way, I believe this conversation may have been covered by this thread here.

And this is Kc's Answer
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    I'm asking for full length chapters released after the parts, and I didn't realize it was already a question, sorry for a duplicate

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thatrichterkid View Post
    I'm asking for full length chapters released after the parts, and I didn't realize it was already a question, sorry for a duplicate
    Happens all the time. I just wasn't sure if the exact question you asked was asked already or not. So before I just locked it up and merged it into the other thread, I wanted to make sure.

I am going to merge this into the other thread though since it is basically the same question.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast