User Tag List

Thread: Outland

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: TheAmazingBoomer

Outland

I hadn't heard anything about this game before it was released and decided to check out the demo. Played the demo for about 5 minutes and then decided I had to buy it.

There really isn't an easy way to describe the gameplay other than to say it immediately reminds me of the old Prince of Persia games (main character is very agile and there is alot of platforming involved) and theres definitely a Super Metroid "feel" to it as far as the exploration is concerned (hopefully you guys have played that SNES classic).

The controls are very tight and the character responds well, every time I've died it's been because of the fact that I'm still getting used to the game and not because of any control issues. Admittedly I'm still very early in the game but the games main gameplay hook is the ability to switch between "light" and "dark" modes, you'll need to switch between the two to activate certain platforms (a lot of times you'll be doing that mid-air!!!) while you explore. During combat you'll have to switch in order to do damage to enemies (you'll encounter "light" and "dark" enemies and can only do damage if you're the opposite of your enemy) The art style is really cool as well and is also one of the reasons I was drawn to the game in the first place.

You guys should should check out the demo on XBLA, hopefully you enjoy it...another bonus is that the game is priced at 800 MS points and not 1200 MS points like most recent XBLA games.

Here's a link for you guys to check out some other reviews for the game http://http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/outland

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Yess, im buying it once the psn goes back up. I love the games housemarque develops. Dead Nation was one of my favourites.