User Tag List

"Hoarder"

Status

5.1 surround mix ?

how cool would the world of We're Alive be if it was in surround sound. I would pay for a subscription or per episode to have a surround mix. losing myself in each episode is awesome right now, but to hear it in surround with things around you would be next level...very bad ass. I know that the time and effort would be great, but the show would be amazing. maybe a compilation set like the first season...just askin

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    The time and effort would become extreme - I doubt if they have the time available to do so.
    I'm not the one making the calls, but just don't get your hopes up just yet.

What might help you is that, depending on the software you use, your computer can upmix stereo sound to six-channel audio.
    Basically, your center speaker will play a mix based on the left- and right-channels, and your left-rear and right-rear speakers will play the left-front and right-front respectively.

Sometimes you have to configure this is your drivers, sometimes in the software you use for playback, and sometimes both. Hope it helps.

"Hoarder"

Status
    yeah - i haven't tried any of the simulated surround sound modes on any of my amps yet. a simulated surround just isn't the same. i can see the time issue. man sure would be cool. Thanks

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    One can always hope

"Gatherer"

Status
    My surround sound system can already mimic 5.1 on an audio source that is only 2 channel, it works fairly well.

I haven't tested it with We're Alive though, I'd prefer to test it with the higher quality box set which I have yet to get