User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    I have the iphone 4, and my dad has the droid x. I'm no apple fan boy. Usually their stuff is really pricey but you get really quality stuff, but with phones the droid and the iphone are the same price. The iphone 4 is outdated from a hardware perspective, the new phones coming out have dual cores, like the atrix and the thunderbolt, the industry standard is now 8 mega pixel cameras and the iphone only has 5, most of the new smart phones coming out have 4 inch screens or better, the iphone has a 3.5 inch one. But from a software point of view, the iphone is still unbeatable. The user interface is really nice, the camera is still better than the droid x,

Overall the iphone is really nice, but keep in mind, the iphone 5 is on its way. It might come out in june or it might come out in october, either way the iphone 4's time is coming to an end. The upside though, is that rumors say the iphone 5 is not going to be a total technical overhaul from the iphone 4. It'll be like what the 3gs did to the iphone 3g. It's supposed to get a bigger screen and a better camera, or so I hear.

I guess the question is do you want to customize your phone? cause if you do the droid is unbeatable, you can do whatever you want with that phone and no one will care. If you go iphone you have to play apple's game, which kinda sucks, but then again, I don't really do anything that apple doesnt let me do so I guess it works for me.

also if you get the iphone you get a dope 40 dollar pair of headphones for free (pretty much the only reason i took the iphone over the droid x)
    Angel's #1 Fan

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Plain and simple
    If you feel like being a power user, get android. If you feel like it working great without you having to tweak it a lot, keep it simple and smooth, get iPhone.

I love my android, but that's because I tweaked the hell out of it. Seriously, I've even modified my boot loader.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    I have the iphone 4, and my dad has the droid x. I'm no apple fan boy. Usually their stuff is really pricey but you get really quality stuff, but with phones the droid and the iphone are the same price. The iphone 4 is outdated from a hardware perspective, the new phones coming out have dual cores, like the atrix and the thunderbolt, the industry standard is now 8 mega pixel cameras and the iphone only has 5, most of the new smart phones coming out have 4 inch screens or better, the iphone has a 3.5 inch one. But from a software point of view, the iphone is still unbeatable. The user interface is really nice, the camera is still better than the droid x,

Overall the iphone is really nice, but keep in mind, the iphone 5 is on its way. It might come out in june or it might come out in october, either way the iphone 4's time is coming to an end. The upside though, is that rumors say the iphone 5 is not going to be a total technical overhaul from the iphone 4. It'll be like what the 3gs did to the iphone 3g. It's supposed to get a bigger screen and a better camera, or so I hear.

I guess the question is do you want to customize your phone? cause if you do the droid is unbeatable, you can do whatever you want with that phone and no one will care. If you go iphone you have to play apple's game, which kinda sucks, but then again, I don't really do anything that apple doesnt let me do so I guess it works for me.

also if you get the iphone you get a dope 40 dollar pair of headphones for free (pretty much the only reason i took the iphone over the droid x)
    What do you mean by customize?? Like I can't change my background picture? or what?
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Gatherer"

Status
    I'd recommend the iPhone, I've owned one since the original iPhone with metal backing. I now own a Black iPhone 4 32GB model and love it, to me it's great in all areas. Some people say "It's good for the apps" but I find that statement to be false. The apps are good because of the great hardware and OS running on it. Don't buy a phone simply cause it has 5098982349823498 applications to put on it, 20,000 fart apps are still just a fart app.

Buy it for it's quality, only for that reason. It has a great camera for a phone and many applications that can do amazing things because of it. It's very fast, and I can really say that cause I upgraded it from the 3g(I owned the 3GS for maybe a month before trading it in for the iPhone 4).

I recommend it, but I also probably am bias towards it because I've owned one since day 1. I also used to have a Mac Mini and I work on an iMac everyday at work. But from all of this I've come to learn, Apple makes quality products that last. Just remember one thing though so you don't become an uninformed moron screaming over something not working. Apple has and will phase out there products as far as support goes after a couple of years, the 3G is no longer updated and the 3Gs is soon to follow based on rumors of the iOS 5 only running on the iPhone 4 and recent iPads/iPods.

So in short, buy an iPhone, you won't regret it.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by They call me Revolver View Post
    What do you mean by customize?? Like I can't change my background picture? or what?
    By customization I mean widgets. The iphone backgrounds are set, you can put in different pictures as your background, but you cant change widgets size, and stuff like that.

here this is a much better explanation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yexYJDzUKng

more than everything you may ever need to know hahaha
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Gatherer"

Status
    An iPhone can always be jailbroken to add all those goofy widgets and things. Mine is but I still keep it simple and just use it to add things that are practical.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by j0be View Post
    Plain and simple
    If you feel like being a power user, get android. If you feel like it working great without you having to tweak it a lot, keep it simple and smooth, get iPhone.

I love my android, but that's because I tweaked the hell out of it. Seriously, I've even modified my boot loader.
    Modded boot loader? that is serious. What did u mod it with. I'm running cyanogenmod 7 on droid 1. Gonna update soon.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I've modded my iPhones bootloader and been able to run Android on it, although it runs like shit.

Status
    Pretty much I find Android easier to run and use as a phone, and it has some cool features available my favourite being Swype for texting. The downside with it though is while it runs well as a phone, phones are also MUST have good, usable apps. There are good ones like google maps and youtube, but they're all available on iPhone as well.

That's what makes the iPhone so good. While people bag it all the time, there are amazing apps you can download to pretty much make your own phone. While Android has apps that are really good and add to the overall package, the iPhone app marketplace has MANY more apps, and that also means many better apps. I've had both (currently on Android) and while I love my phone, I miss the apps that are on iPhone that aren't on it. As far as I know there are no great apps that aren't on iPhone that are Android.

So that's pretty much all about applications... however the reason I currently have an Android personally is because I find it easier to run and find it more accesible to use. iPhone I found a bit clunky, but that could be me. Pretty much I have made no definitive discussion and this will be disregarded. If you want a phone that can double as almost anything else through the myriad of downloadable apps get an iPhone. If you are using a phone just as that and not much more I would say go for the Android, simply for its easy access and built in tools. Seriously Swype is great.
    Do you understand what I'm talking about? Have you ever felt like that? When you just couldn't feel anything and you didn't want to either.

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Let me make two more plain and simple points.
    • Do you pirate? Go with Android, the app drm is basically non-existent.
    • Do you want to play games on your phone? Get iPhone. The quality of games on the Android pales in comparison
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast