User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??

iPhone or Droid??

Here's the skinny, I am switching to Verizion from ATT. Decided to finally catch up to the rest of the world and get a smart phone. But I can't decided whether to get an iPhone or Droid. I've been reading reviews online and it kinda seems a toss up. I'd love to hear your pros v. cons of each phone along with your opinion. Thanks

--Revolver
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Having the droid x, I can tell you I am starting to dislike it greatly. The Droid OS is clunky at best and sometimes gets barely usable. If you are a mac user, the iPhone is the way to go for integration to your life.

That being said, it's truly up to you. However I will say that If I could do it right now, I'd switch to the iphone in a heartbeat. But verizon continually screws up my account and I can't upgrade for another 17 months despite having owned this phone for nearly a year.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: GamerDX PSN ID: TraverserXR Steam ID: Pressxtostart
    iPhone has a lot more apps, and in my opinion higher quality ones at that. However either one, Apple or Android are great smart phones so it really comes down to what your looking for it. Internet works good on both, calls are about the same and both have Angry Birds lol. I myself have an iPhone and wouldnt own any other smart phone, but my friends swear by Android. Best advice, go play with them at the store

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    I've used and played with both, Android is a fractured OS and the developers can't seem to get the applications right on every single variant of phone. Developers really are the ones who have to suffer through all the different kinds of phones. People bag on the iPhone, but the operating system and applications make it what it is, which is a hell of a phone. Part of the reason we're making an App for iPhone first and not android.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I've got an easy answer. If you already have apple products then get an iphone, if you don't get a droid. Apple products don't play nice with non-apple products, for the most part. And Especially if you have a mac book, get an iphone. I would recommend the Droid X, that is what I have and I have no complaints. HTC EVO is another good Droid phone. But again to answer your question, if you already have apple products, especially a mac book, then I would go with Iphone. If not get a droid. But truthfully, either one is a good choice. You need to go to Verizon and play with both.
    Last edited by Boomstick; May 3rd, 2011 at 02:58 PM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Jitterbug...done!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    England, I won't bore you with the details.
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I have an Iphone 4 and love it, occasionally it will freak out and grind to a halt, but that rarely happens, and like those above have already mentioned, the Apps really make it superior in my opinion.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Just to throw in my two cents as a user of both os's: the apps on android and iOS are for all intents and purposes are identical. Most major apps have a droid and iOS version and they function well over both platforms. The app store has been around longer so it has a leg up, but droid is catching up and some apps are better (or cost less) in the marketplace.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    i have iphone and love it, my lil bro has an android phone and loves it but does complain a lot about it freezing and the os looks like a Malaysian knock off of the iphone's

one thing i am jealous about is that android has flash in the web browser

"Hoarder"

Status
    but what about easy to use buttons and lifealert? Jitterbug it's a new sexyness

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast