User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    England, I won't bore you with the details.
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    I thought the same thing when I watched the first episode of Spooks. I was like "Amercians don't sound like that... is that woman from New York, Texas, or the Deep South? Please make up your mind, woman!"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he heard some Aussie in there with Pippen. I think Pippen is putting on a show for the Tower and that's why he's speaking like he does.
    On further consideration, I begin to think(hope?), that Pippen's accent is a plot point rather than a failure of the voice actor.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I would feel really bad for the voice actor if he's really just trying to do a British accent but failing
    Sorry voice actor! But if it's intentional (which I think it is) then good job!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    There are very few American actors who can pull off an accurate accent of any country for some reason. Not so if it's the other way around though.
    Bloody 'ell, look at Bana or Christian Bale's role as Mickey Ward's brother. Anway, i almost went way off topic. Sorry.
    I think the accent is fine no matter what it's purpose. At the very basic level, we all KNOW what it's supposed to be. That's what's important right?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    England, I won't bore you with the details.
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    There are very few American actors who can pull off an accurate accent of any country for some reason. Not so if it's the other way around though.
    Bloody 'ell, look at Bana or Christian Bale's role as Mickey Ward's brother. Anway, i almost went way off topic. Sorry.
    I think the accent is fine no matter what it's purpose. At the very basic level, we all KNOW what it's supposed to be. That's what's important right?

Sorry, No, it breaks realism for me, but perhaps thats exclusive to UK listeners.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    It's a tough sell. It is VERY exaggerated... But I do realize Kc has to add unique voices into the mix to better differentiate the characters of this audio drama. Hence, an accent really helps, at least with some of the other characters. I personally am a big fan of Victor's voice work. I work with people who were born in the UK, but live in the US now. Their accents have become more Americanized over the years, and you don't really notice it until they are a few sentences in, or pronouncing certain words. I would think this guy should only have a SLIGHT accent, but we don't know who Pippen is or where he's from. I guess Kc wanted this guy to sound like this for a reason, and we'll see how it plays out.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I'm signing off this thread by saying this:

The first thing people thought was "British" even if the accent is wack to an edjamacated ear *wink wink*.
    It served it's purpose.

I'm outty so Live Long and Prosper or Stay thirsty my friends!!!

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    why is it when people do a british accent is either a posh snooty accent or a cockney, plus Pippin really, Great Expectations, Charles Dickins, the book every english person must read for are English GCSE's (although my name is Alexander Richard Smith, Dont Smirk ) this charater is the most stereotypical british person i have seen in a while, besides southpark

Just make pippin a nickname he was given by the mallerz (hell because of southpark), because he was english, remove the accent just replace some words instead of erbs its HHerbs because there is a f'ing H in it. (HAHA thank you Eddie Izzard, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz4Ps55Rx40&NR=1)
    Last edited by mythicgr66; May 6th, 2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: shortened the post

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    I'm signing off this thread by saying this:

The first thing people thought was "British" even if the accent is wack to an edjamacated ear *wink wink*.
    It served it's purpose.

I'm outty so Live Long and Prosper or Stay thirsty my friends!!!
    I'm with you on the accent serving its purpose. By no means am I saying I hate the character or the voice actor. I was under the impression that the dude was trying to be Australian, which apparently puts me on an island with the population of two.

What I say about "Spooks" though, I stand by 100%. That woman in that episode was not someone I cared for (so off-topic from normal We're Alive stuff).
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Scavenger"

Status
    Hurray i got this discussed on we're not dead ^___^ I'm chuffed gotta admit lol

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    i think i heard this guy on another podcast...
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast