User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    England, I won't bore you with the details.
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Hello, this will be the first time I say something negative about We're Alive and I don't want it to come across as flaming etc.

Pippen's accent really doesn't sit well with me as a native Brit, it sounds incredibly false and forced at the moment, but this isn't something Kc or the voice actor should feel bad about.

Firstly, british accents in the majority of American media, terrible in my opinion(I'm sure you feel the same about American accents in British media), they tend to fall into exagerating the stereotype. Can I also add, he really sounds nothing like the traditional butler or stereotype.

Secondly, Pippen has had a dozen lines, and the lack of rehersal that I understand We're Alive falls victim
    to is probably also a factor, I am sure Kc wouldn't have cast the actor if he didn't think him up to the job, and I am sure as he becomes more conformbatle with the role and situation, Pippen's accent will improve.

So yeah, /ElitistBritishOpinion

Edit: Unless of course the actor is faking his accent, that would be superb.
    Last edited by WestonWisdom; May 5th, 2011 at 04:23 PM.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by WestonWisdom View Post
    I also think that would be nice twist if he was a "Maller" faking the accent... But what would his motive be? Would it be because someone from the tower would recognize his actual voice?

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WestonWisdom View Post

This is my guess? The accent seems to go in and out...

"Scavenger"

Status
    Thanks everyone for the feedback I re-listened to the newest episode again to hear pippin again and it still isn't sitting right with me. Just living in the UK really means u can tell straight away when it's a fake/bad accent (hopefully fake on purpose and he is another mole)

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Just realized what forum this was in and moved it to The Characters since that's a more appropriate place.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    am I thought the guy was an aussie. I expect something more than meeting the eye when it comes to Pippen in the next episode.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    I thought he sounded like the british guy from Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood. I can't remember his name, but the guy who is an asshat to Desmund the whole time.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Creem_Filling View Post
    I thought he sounded like the british guy from Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood. I can't remember his name, but the guy who is an asshat to Desmund the whole time.
    I think it Shawn/Shaun. That guys a dick.

I hadn't seen this post before but i agree with it completely. There is something not quite right about the voice. It's a weird mix of things I think. Maybe the guy has moved from Britain to somewhere else?

Rock Daddy's idea is cool though! A perfect twist.
    Do you understand what I'm talking about? Have you ever felt like that? When you just couldn't feel anything and you didn't want to either.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

PSN ID: clarkie_lufc Raptr ID: clarkie_lufc
    Yeah, being a Brit too I seriously can't stand the accent. 99% of the people don't talk in that way. Aside from anything else though, it's not even an accurate stereotypical accent. It seems inconsistent - often dipping into an Australian and even South African accent. This makes me think that the character is putting on the accent. Perhaps he is actually Aussie, Kiwi or South African...

EDIT: To back up my point listen to the way he says 'No, just that one' when Michael asks him if he has any other weapons. That's not an English accent. Whether it's the actor or the character, that sounds very South African/Kiwi (they are similar accents).
    Last edited by clarkie; May 5th, 2011 at 02:46 PM.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkie View Post
    Yeah, being a Brit too I seriously can't stand the accent. 99% of the people don't talk in that way. Aside from anything else though, it's not even an accurate stereotypical accent. It seems inconsistent - often dipping into an Australian and even South African accent. This makes me think that the character is putting on the accent. Perhaps he is actually Aussie, Kiwi or South African...

EDIT: To back up my point listen to the way he says 'No, just that one' when Michael asks him if he has any other weapons. That's not an English accent. Whether it's the actor or the character, that sounds very South African/Kiwi (they are similar accents).
    I thought the same thing when I watched the first episode of Spooks. I was like "Amercians don't sound like that... is that woman from New York, Texas, or the Deep South? Please make up your mind, woman!"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he heard some Aussie in there with Pippen. I think Pippen is putting on a show for the Tower and that's why he's speaking like he does.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast