Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283

Angel and Scratch's relationship

Alright,
    I just had an epiphany of sorts and have formed a wild ass theory about Angel, Scratch, and the rat. Bear with me on this.

In 20-3 after Scratch said she had to drop Pippin off, Tardust asked "What about the other one?" Scratch replied "We still have them." Tardust then said he meant the other one, insinuating he was talking about the rat. Scratch replied that they hadn't heard anything in awhile.

So it sounds like the Mallers have some unknown person in their possession who will probably turn out to be important. So here's where my theory comes in.
    We've been wondering how Angel and Scratch know each other and some have wondered if Angel has some kind of criminal past. But what if he isn't the one with the criminal past? What if he knows someone with a record. Someone who may have been locked up in Eastern Bay? He could have met Scratch while visiting this person (with Scratch there to visit Latch at the same time). Scratch then recognizes Angel later, finds Angel's person (who would have been with the Mallers after they got out of the prison), and uses that person as leverage to force Angel to rat on the Tower.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Ra1th, take a deep breath before you reply to this post.

Its plausible, but here's my one contention: If Angel is truly being leveraged into being the Rat it's a hard pill to swallow that Scratch would risk that entire operation by saying "Hey, you look familiar" in front of other people of the Tower. That seems like a horribly short sided maneuver by Scratch and its one of the few times she wasn't in one of her now (in)famous rages.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    I hear a lot of “could haves” and “maybes” this whole theory is based on "what if" after "what if". There is no concrete backing. With prediction theories, each time you use a "what if" your accuracy goes down exponentially. Ask voodoo, his lounge theories are never specific and they take nothing for granted otherwise he wouldn't have the accuracy rate he does.

Other thing you should consider, Kc gives small hints throughout the series but its never this simple. Otherwise we’d have figured out the series ending by now.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:

I did call it my "wild ass theory." I'm not suggesting that any of it be taken as 100% proven. Just a few things that lined up in a certain way in my head.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    I did call it my "wild ass theory." I'm not suggesting that any of it be taken as 100% proven. Just a few things that lined up in a certain way in my head.
    Don't worry about it. Ra1th defends Angel with an iron fist.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I already mentioned this theory in the Episode 21.1 thread as well as my blog. If Angel knew someone with a record, what reasons would he have to want to keep it hidden post-apocalypse?
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    I already mentioned this theory in the Episode 21.1 thread as well as my blog. If Angel knew someone with a record, what reasons would he have to want to keep it hidden post-apocalypse?
    I looked for posts on this topic before I posted to see if anyone had come up with this theory already...I must have missed yours.

As for Angel not mentioning knowing someone with a record, if there was a hostage situation he may have had a compelling reason not to say anything if he had reason to fear the person might be harmed if he did.
    But then that begs the question of why Angel wouldn't have mentioned knowing someone in Eastern Bay when they were discussing where to go back in Chapter 1. That is a pretty big hole in the theory. Not big enough to completely rule it out but still pretty big.
    I do think Scratch saying "we still have them" implies a hostage. And having a hostage could definitely be a reason for someone in the Tower to act as the rat. But I may be doubting the Angel connection now.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    I do think Scratch saying "we still have them" implies a hostage. And having a hostage could definitely be a reason for someone in the Tower to act as the rat. But I may be doubting the Angel connection now.
    I like the thinking outside the box. That casts a shadow of doubt on just about everyone in the Tower except for Kalani if you believe his Hawaii story to be true because who would they possibly know as a connection to Kalani? Also probably Datu because all his ties appear to be in the Philippines. Everyone else in the Tower, to the best of our knowledge, are locally based and could have a friend/relative/significant other imprisoned at Eastern Bay.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Interesting thought. They could be holding his criminal sister or something like that. Maybe someone Scratch did time with and probably saw a picture of Angel in her cell. The thing is, in Chapter 12.1, someone upstairs shot at the Mallers igniting the fight. We're under the assumption that the Rat, the person who called out to Pippin, shooter, and possibly the gun thief is all the doings of one person. Angel was downstairs when someone took the shot, he was on a mission when the guns went missing, and he was with Datu when Pippin arrived. His presence is accounted for in those incidents which makes his involvement in the Rat scheme seem unlikely, but not impossible.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    His presence is accounted for in those incidents which makes his involvement in the Rat scheme seem unlikely, but not impossible.
    Remember we still have the possibility of more than one rat. Angel could be accounted for at these times, but that doesn't necessarily mean there aren't conspiratorial rats walking around in pairs in the Tower.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast