User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points

Wink How can WE boost Advertising We're Alive

I have bookmarked a few podcast sites, but none that say I can any links or site to.

As I love this show and I want the world to get a chance to listen, anyone have ideas where we can advertise in our own way?
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    I was thinking of this myself. Us spreading the word on our own is good, and it will help.

If you take a look at the "how did you find out about us" thread, you'll notice about half the people on the forum found it through greg miller. I talked with Kc about this and Greg plugging We're Alive into Beyond and Scoop podcast won us a very large number of listeners. Basically, Greg was able to spread the word about We're alive faster, easier and more efficently than any of us could because of his huge audience and reach.

So the question is, how did Greg come to hear about the podcast? Someone on the IGN boards came to Greg and told him about We're Alive and he noticed it. He gave it a listen and fell in love with it.

so probably the best way to gain more listeners is to find our next greg miller. It has to be someone with a large audience and they have to be into the whole geeky/nerdy zombie apocalypse kinda thing. I say we find a blogger or a podcaster, someone with a nerdy audience, who we think might enjoy we're alive. And we send him emails/messages/facebook message him whatever. We all bombard him with messages basically saying, hey check out we're alive, its amazing! dadadadaaa. Chances are if its just one person, its not likely he'll take a look, but if a few hundred people send him messages telling him to check out We're alive, chacnes are he/she will give it a go, and maybe he'll like it, maybe he'll hate it, maybe he'll love it. Chances are if we pick the right person, they'll prly enjoy we're alive, to such an extent that they might start pluggin we're alive just like Greg did, and then we get another boom in viewership
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    I was thinking of this myself. Us spreading the word on our own is good, and it will help.

If you take a look at the "how did you find out about us" thread, you'll notice about half the people on the forum found it through greg miller. I talked with Kc about this and Greg plugging We're Alive into Beyond and Scoop podcast won us a very large number of listeners. Basically, Greg was able to spread the word about We're alive faster, easier and more efficently than any of us could because of his huge audience and reach.

So the question is, how did Greg come to hear about the podcast? Someone on the IGN boards came to Greg and told him about We're Alive and he noticed it. He gave it a listen and fell in love with it.

so probably the best way to gain more listeners is to find our next greg miller. It has to be someone with a large audience and they have to be into the whole geeky/nerdy zombie apocalypse kinda thing. I say we find a blogger or a podcaster, someone with a nerdy audience, who we think might enjoy we're alive. And we send him emails/messages/facebook message him whatever. We all bombard him with messages basically saying, hey check out we're alive, its amazing! dadadadaaa. Chances are if its just one person, its not likely he'll take a look, but if a few hundred people send him messages telling him to check out We're alive, chacnes are he/she will give it a go, and maybe he'll like it, maybe he'll hate it, maybe he'll love it. Chances are if we pick the right person, they'll prly enjoy we're alive, to such an extent that they might start pluggin we're alive just like Greg did, and then we get another boom in viewership
    This, but instead of blogger or podcaster, go for a YouTuber. Plug it in their comments, do all that. (Oh, and try not to cannibalize us by going to Shane Dawson of RayWilliamJohnson =P)

It also helps hitting up anyone with a couple hundred Twitter followers. Everyone here is pretty much intertwined with each other or have already let their internet following know about We're Alive backwards and front, but the mass majority of my (along with the new fresh faces around here's) Facebook friends/Twitter followers have no idea about We're Alive. So I'm aiming to get them aware.

Word of mouth is really the only way to go with a series like this.
    Last edited by AdrianHD; Apr 26th, 2011 at 05:18 AM.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Tell your friends, let them hear the first episode(s), and have them pass on the word once they're addicted like us. (one of us... one of us... one of us...)

Also, in case you're active on other forums, you can post about it in their off-topic sections. Give a quick introduction and ask who else listens to the show, and you're bound to get replies.
    Just keep in mind that you're more likely to attract new people at a forum regarding movies, than one regarding sports

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianHD View Post
    This, but instead of blogger or podcaster, go for a YouTuber. Plug it in their comments, do all that. (Oh, and try not to cannibalize us by going to Shane Dawson of RayWilliamJohnson =P)

It also helps hitting up anyone with a couple hundred Twitter followers. Everyone here is pretty much intertwined with each other or have already let their internet following know about We're Alive backwards and front, but the mass majority of my (along with the new fresh faces around here's) Facebook friends/Twitter followers have no idea about We're Alive. So I'm aiming to get them aware.

Word of mouth is really the only way to go with a series like this.
    EXACTLY! I was thinking Phillip Defranco, he gets over a million hits per video, and he's built other youtube stars from the base up. like Tobuscus, that guy had a few thousand views, and then sxephil advertised the hell out of him, and now tobuscus gets like 700, 000 hits per video. But it has to be organized and it has to be done with tact
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    EXACTLY! I was thinking Phillip Defranco, he gets over a million hits per video, and he's built other youtube stars from the base up. like Tobuscus, that guy had a few thousand views, and then sxephil advertised the hell out of him, and now tobuscus gets like 700, 000 hits per video. But it has to be organized and it has to be done with tact
    Yessir! YouTube is generally the place that people can build up a name for other people. I assume anyone here who are fans of either of them can leave a comment or PM them on there. I'm not sure how often they reply to their fans.

"Builder"

Status
    I've been also trying hit up some national radio shows that would review or discuss the show (or set up an interview). Darkness on the edge of Town is a national radio show based in my State. I've sent one email to the host a couple weeks ago and this week I'll send one to the producer. But that's another option. Granted that show is more about paranormal but goes to all ends of the spectrum and has a big audience.

Raith is totally right we need a few more greg millers out there. I've been able to turn a few friends on but so far to my knowledge none of them have gotten as far as registering on the site yet, or at least I don't know their usernames!
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant: if I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven Such is the rule of honor.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

yeah thats the same problem i've had, most of my friends that i've told about We're Alive just arent into it because of the whole no visuals thing.

I think Phillip Defranco is a good way to go. He's definitely the type of guy who would enjoy we're alive. He has video game channels, and movie channels, he's definitely gonna be one of the people we hit.

I think another good idea is to hit smaller youtube stars. Sxephil has like 1.5 million subscribers, he's HUGE so the chances that he'll read or listen to our responses or messages are lower. But if we hit a smaller youtube star, who has say maybe 5000 subscribers, then the chances that they'll read our comments or listen to our recommendations are a LOT higher.

At the same time its going to be crucial that you dont spam them, like you should watch a few of these people's videos and see what they're like before sending them messages or leaving comments about we're alive. That way its not spam. We dont want to give We're Alive a bad reputation
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    I've added We're Alive to my gaming stream page, and always recommend to viewers in channels who begin discussing podcasts and things related to zombies. It may not bring in as many listeners as other people, but I'd guess any little bit can help.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

That's the thing one person recommending we're alive isnt enough, but what happens when 300 people recommend it to a blogger/youtuber/podcaster/etc it's bound to get their attention to at least go find out what we're alive is.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast