User Tag List

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kearney View Post
    I don't know if it burns hotter or not, I know that typical Jet Fuel autoignites at around 400 degrees and Gasoline autoignites at around 200 degrees.
    I'm not giving away any clues, but you're right. Diesel and Jet Fuel is VERY hard to light manually, if not impossible. Doesn't matter if it's with a match or even a simple butane torch. Mythbusters tested it once.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    I'm not giving away any clues, but you're right. Diesel and Jet Fuel is VERY hard to light manually, if not impossible. Doesn't matter if it's with a match or even a simple butane torch. Mythbusters tested it once.
    Roger that!

"Lurker"

Status
    Been lurking for a while. In regards to the jet fuel discussion. turbine aircraft (like most helicopters) use jet fuel which I know is similar enough to diesel that you can use it in a diesel engine and I imagine vise versa. smaller propeller driven airplanes use av gas which I think someone was referring to earlier and I don't know as much about that but I'm pretty sure it's just sort of a higher octane gasoline.
    Most large generators run on diesel so it's a possibility there could be tankers full of it, depending on the mallers intentions. Which would also work well for the helicopter idea.
    Awesome podcast by the way.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Been lurking for a while. In regards to the jet fuel discussion. turbine aircraft (like most helicopters) use jet fuel which I know is similar enough to diesel that you can use it in a diesel engine and I imagine vise versa. smaller propeller driven airplanes use av gas which I think someone was referring to earlier and I don't know as much about that but I'm pretty sure it's just sort of a higher octane gasoline.
    Most large generators run on diesel so it's a possibility there could be tankers full of it, depending on the mallers intentions. Which would also work well for the helicopter idea.
    Awesome podcast by the way.
    Welcome to the discussion Bob.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Soooooo Kc, you might have given us a clue. You clearly know and/or researched this. Therefore, you have the probability of using this. OR you might have just said this to try and get us in the right direction... I'm so confused!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NJHellfire View Post
    Soooooo Kc, you might have given us a clue. You clearly know and/or researched this. Therefore, you have the probability of using this. OR you might have just said this to try and get us in the right direction... I'm so confused!
    Don't'cha hate it when that happens?

I remember mythbusters testing it too, so it might just be a statement of facts but we do see a large building on fire in the chapter artwork. Perhaps whomever lights that building on fire has a different method of causing such an inferno.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    I loved this whole episode. I might even venture to say that this is one of my favorite episodes. Nice to see a "little one" up close. Also, like how we get to see the ambush in action.

I am interested to see what type of helicopters they get and from where. Can't wait for the next episode.
    <----- Click to see what D.A.R.T is doing for you.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Don't'cha hate it when that happens?

I remember mythbusters testing it too, so it might just be a statement of facts but we do see a large building on fire in the chapter artwork. Perhaps whomever lights that building on fire has a different method of causing such an inferno.
    Nik,

a Pipebomb would set it off very very nicely. Burn arena Burn! Also, remember they were on a pretty tight time table for a not so obvious reason.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Can we say suicide run with a full tanker truck full of fuel?

I don't see the tower attacking the den of zombies.
    “Live as you would have wished to live when you are dying...”

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Here we go. Maybe this is what Kc was talking about in terms of the clue we were missing: The Maller Convoy was on 110. 110, according to the We're Alive map, goes up to Pasadena (and the Arena) and 110 also cuts through the heart of L.A. and down to the Beach House MPK holed up in that one night...Meaning close to the Colony. So....the eternal question right now is: North? Or South?
    I say south. I don't know if someone else caught onto this, but Tardust mentioned that he was listening in to their "stupid bird talk" on the radio. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they started using the "bird" code after the arena. My guess is that Scratch was told about Micheal's transmission about the colony and decided to pay them a visit. My question is: was it going to be a friendly or hostile visit? Perhaps the "slaves" were to be offered up as a peace offering?

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast