User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ps3 suks

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    So apparently this was the message anonymous sent to sony the day before the attack

Anonymous' letter: http://vghq.net/wp-content/uploads/2...ymous-Sony.png
    That was a different attack, about one or two weeks ago, they did get some sites down. But this is what they posted today.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldtNivuSxoQ
    Last edited by cPT.cAPSLOCK; Apr 24th, 2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: swapped image with link, to preserve readability

"Hoarder"

Status
    this is a black eye to sony, too bad the attack hurts the user the most.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cycogod View Post
    how about that revolution knows as the Playstation Network ? nice outage - junk
    Please don't turn this into a fanboy post. PS3 doesn't suck, and neither does the Xbox. Apparently you haven't heard of the many times Xbox live gets hacked/outages. It isn't even in the news as much anymore because it happens so often.

I could actually point to a story on Joystiq about 2 weeks ago (but I'm lazy) about one of the top Xbox Live managers having his live account hacked. The Infamous Major Nelson has had his Live account hacked as well.

What you should be doing, Cycogod is railing against these hackers. We're all gamers and we should be united. I don't have a 360 simply because Time does not permit it and money does not permit it. But if I could have one, you're damn right I'd buy one. If you got a PS3 for free with its best games on the system, you'd enjoy it. Just be honest with yourself about that.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by riskbreaker23 View Post
    Please don't turn this into a fanboy post. PS3 doesn't suck, and neither does the Xbox. Apparently you haven't heard of the many times Xbox live gets hacked/outages. It isn't even in the news as much anymore because it happens so often.

I could actually point to a story on Joystiq about 2 weeks ago (but I'm lazy) about one of the top Xbox Live managers having his live account hacked. The Infamous Major Nelson has had his Live account hacked as well.

What you should be doing, Cycogod is railing against these hackers. We're all gamers and we should be united. I don't have a 360 simply because Time does not permit it and money does not permit it. But if I could have one, you're damn right I'd buy one. If you got a PS3 for free with its best games on the system, you'd enjoy it. Just be honest with yourself about that.
    this isnt a troll thread about the ps3 sucking, it's about the hack on psn
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Scavenger"

Status
    I gotcha, but the opening words are "Ps3 suks". Sorry, I just had to point out that the hacking on PSN isn't because the PSN is inherently insecure. It's hackers abilities to do what they want to do. Everyone gets attacked by hackers. Heck, the US Depertment of defense gets hacked. And Xbox Live is hacked on a daily basis, I assure you.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by riskbreaker23 View Post
    I gotcha, but the opening words are "Ps3 suks". Sorry, I just had to point out that the hacking on PSN isn't because the PSN is inherently insecure. It's hackers abilities to do what they want to do. Everyone gets attacked by hackers. Heck, the US Depertment of defense gets hacked. And Xbox Live is hacked on a daily basis, I assure you.
    Cool, just makin sure things don't spiral into a flame war

"Hoarder"

Status
    it's a great space heater... my ps3's have lasted longer than my xbox's - 2 rrod

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Just for reference, Sony released what was causing this. Basically, with one of the mods someone made for the rooted consoles allowed some modded units to log into the developer's version of the PSN store and purchase things without credit card validation. (EG: get anything from the store for free.)
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurVeteran

Gamertag: Mikeyd2tall Steam ID: Mikeyd2tall
    i think it can be solved. sony should just buy everyone with a PS3 a really good gaming laptop or an xbox 360 lol. no but really i think this shows how ill prepared sony is for being a gaming industry.

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyd2tall View Post
    i think it can be solved. sony should just buy everyone with a PS3 a really good gaming laptop or an xbox 360 lol. no but really i think this shows how ill prepared sony is for being a gaming industry.
    I wouldn't say they were ill prepared for hacking. They were actually the last pillar to fall, but they didn't ever expect their pillar to fall, and thus were hit hard when it did.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast