User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    I normally read the books ahead of anything. But I like this series so much I do not want the future books to ruin it for me..

With the WD gone till Oct, I am thankful for GoT for my Sunday night entertainment.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    I loved the first episode of this season. Of course they had to do a lot of setup and it was a bit Lannister heavy but some great moments and Oberyn is officially a BAMF. It's gonna be an awesome season.

Tony, it will be a looooooooong wait for Winds of Winter still when GRRM releases chapters, I gobble them up and we got two this month. He also is going to release a Princess and the Queen prequel short story in another collection and hopefully another Dunk and Egg novella set in the North. But the big kahuna will be the release of the World of Ice and Fire right around this Xmas. I can't wait.
    Likes Jannit liked this post

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    I loved the first episode of this season. Of course they had to do a lot of setup and it was a bit Lannister heavy but some great moments and Oberyn is officially a BAMF. It's gonna be an awesome season.

Tony, it will be a looooooooong wait for Winds of Winter still when GRRM releases chapters, I gobble them up and we got two this month. He also is going to release a Princess and the Queen prequel short story in another collection and hopefully another Dunk and Egg novella set in the North. But the big kahuna will be the release of the World of Ice and Fire right around this Xmas. I can't wait.
    If it comes out this year, I will be very happy indeed. Ive heard rumours about a 2016 release, by which time the TV show will have caught up to the books, if not passed them.
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming
    One thing I've wondered, will HBO stop and wait for the next books when they reach the end of A Dance with Dragons, or will they make up their own ending for the series?

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

GRRM has already told the producers the end of the story incase he dies before finishing the books

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    I have read a few series of Books where the Author has died before he finished them..
    Roger Zelazany and Robert Jordan.. Shame I will never know if Shadow Jack was caught when he went off the cliff.. Roger may have finished it one day. Would have liked to seen more from the Amber Series.
    Least Robert Jordan had someone there to finish the WoT..

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level Wiki10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post

What is this about GRRM releasing chapters?! Where does he release them to? I've never heard of this before and am feeling quite deprived now.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    What is this about GRRM releasing chapters?! Where does he release them to? I've never heard of this before and am feeling quite deprived now.
    Search them in google, he released a few on his blog, and they are seriously wetting the apetites of GoT fans around the world

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannit View Post
    There is a new Arya chapter on his not a blog. There is a new Tyrion chapter on the world of ice and fire app for iPhone and android. If you google or go to westeros.org forums you can find another Tyrion, 2 Arriane's, 2 Barristan's and a Victarion and a Theon. Google winds of winter chapters. I think the Barristan's is also on the Dance with Dragons paperback. GRRM reads them at conventions too.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Since all I knows is the show I'm going to drop a seemingly off topic thread here following last nights episode. If you have not seen it please stop reading HERE.

Huzzah!!!!
    So long Joffrey, you evil twisted insestial spawn.

The episode of course left me with questions, please discuss with me without spoiling as I again will state I am Unsullied and have not read. Everyone thinks Tyrion did it...Um did EVERYONE at the wedding see something I didn't? Wouldn't common sense say it was the freaking pie?

Me thinks it was a joint effort assassination by Tywin and Old Lady Tyrell. Way to many hints to it, she yells at her son that her and Tywin are talking and to leave them, she approaches Sansa and offers her condolences about her brother. Mentions how horrible it is to see someone die at a wedding, and I'm not putting it past Tywin to have his grandson offed. He probably believes the rumors of Cersei and Jamie. Kill Joffrey and hope everyone forgets the rumors, save the family name. Time to step up Tomin.

The fallout:
    Very curious as to (if my theory is correct) what happens with the Tyrell + Lannister super pact. I know Cersei is to wed Lorras but we'll see if that goes through now. WHERE THE EFF is little finger? He told Lady Tyrell she would be queen, hows he gonna react to the news of the Purple Wedding?
    So much more but thats the most of whats running around up there in my cranium. Thanks for your time heh.
    Likes Elisa, Merlin1274 liked this post

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast