User Tag List

Page 4 of 235 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    I'm not gonna go into too much detail here (for my own sake guys) but my name is Jake I'm still in high school and right about now its kicking my ass. I live about 20 miles south of Garden City Kansas. Nice town but it has a gang problem. The country is nice out here but the crappy part is it can get to 110 in the summer and -6 in the winter. This causes me to stay inside a lot and thats where I discovered video games and We're alive. I was a pathological gamer for a few years and thats where I discovered horror, zombies, and realized how awesome it is. I'm great with technology and computers, and hope to go into some sort of game developing career.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    Dang dude that's some crazy climate changes!

"Gatherer"

Status
    You have no idea, on Tuesday Dr. Atha being the great superintendent he is decided we should have school in -3 degree weather with a -33 degree windchill.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:

dang dude if it's 20 degrees here in central nc, and there's a little ice on the roads, schools are closed!

"Lurker"

Status
    Im Vince, I havent posted that much around here. Anyway Im a huge gamer, and thats how I learned about the podcast. The one and and only Greg Miller tweeted or said it on gamescoop or beyond........I dont remember. I live in Montreal(probably the only canadian here)

and BEYOND! to any fellow listeners

"Gatherer"

Status
    You're lucky, its like the superintendent here likes it better when schools in. I remember about two years ago we had some really bad snow. It was about two feet and the snow drift got up to around 4-5 feet. And so Dr. Atha decides to keep school going. So around two o'clock he cancels the rest of the day of school which would have been only about an hour and a half more and the parking lot got so congested a chain reaction of crashes ensued and the buses weren't able to get in the parking lot and got stuck. It took around two more hours before they could clear all the crap up and even then they had to start calling parents to get their kids. It was pretty crazy man.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    wow and i was complaining about having to walk to my car in 40 degree weather this morning u guys got it rough
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    wow and i was complaining about having to walk to my car in 40 degree weather this morning u guys got it rough
    You should see our snow, not only did it snow but the wind was bad enough to carry dirt around and settle it on the snow. So its like a frozen desert outside. Man would I like to be somewhere warm right now.

Hi - I used my facebook account to connect, so you know my name. I am an assistant professor of Biomedical Engineering. My last research project involved going to the slaughterhouse and getting the lungs from lambs and taking them back to my lab to re-animate them and measure the impact of respiration on pulmonary blood flow. It was really cool when it worked and I did feel like a mad-scientist. We casted the vessels and dissolved the tissue. It was really disgusting so I made my student change the solution. Then we use the data to make computer models to help docs help people.

I am the second oldest here, have a cat, know where Escondido,CA is, and live in Raleigh, NC. The only video game I ever play is RockBand. I love podcasts - I listen to them when I work out or can't sleep.

My only Zombie connection is that I have my undergrads (I teach programming to engineers) implement several models of Zombie invasions - taking into account the latent infection, cure rate, etc. as a model of an infectious disease. The students love doing "research" by watching zombie movies. In our models, the zombies always win.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke Steele View Post
    Hi - I used my facebook account to connect, so you know my name. I am an assistant professor of Biomedical Engineering. My last research project involved going to the slaughterhouse and getting the lungs from lambs and taking them back to my lab to re-animate them and measure the impact of respiration on pulmonary blood flow. It was really cool when it worked and I did feel like a mad-scientist. We casted the vessels and dissolved the tissue. It was really disgusting so I made my student change the solution. Then we use the data to make computer models to help docs help people.

I am the second oldest here, have a cat, know where Escondido,CA is, and live in Raleigh, NC. The only video game I ever play is RockBand. I love podcasts - I listen to them when I work out or can't sleep.

My only Zombie connection is that I have my undergrads (I teach programming to engineers) implement several models of Zombie invasions - taking into account the latent infection, cure rate, etc. as a model of an infectious disease. The students love doing "research" by watching zombie movies. In our models, the zombies always win.
    Sounds awesome, I'm guessing State? Wolfpack?

Page 4 of 235 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast