User Tag List

Page 168 of 235 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2341
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by missmartinez2014 View Post
    I'm Stacie! That's the name I give everyone I meet for the first time and it had kinda stuck with me even thought that isn't my real name! ha! I attend USU! Go AGGIES! I'm hoping to become a teacher here in the next year! That is pretty much it!
    Welcome to all the fun! Have a look around and see what's going on. Lots of stuff to do and folks to talk to. Jump on in....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Hello everyone!

I´m new at the forum, but I´ve been listening to WA for some time now. I am actually on the second run now, can´t wait for season 4. Thank god I just found the WND podcast, so now I can dwelwe deeper into the WA-universe.

About me: I live in Stockholm, Sweden with my husband and two kids ( I am slowly but "surly" getting my kids into the Zombieworld, a tip is to start with some sweet games like Plants vs Zombies then they are hooked).
    I work as a sales woman and in my free time I read a lot and I love cooking.

Well, don´t know what else to tell. Meaby that I have a big crush on Shane Salk, oops don´t tell my husband
    Last edited by SwedeGirl; Mar 18th, 2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spoiler, sorry I´m ´new here ;-)
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Hey SwedeGirl! Welcome to the forum. If you like WA (and really, who doesn't?) then you've come to the right place...

Welcome to the Tower. There's some great discussions all over the place. Check out the Episode Discussion threads to dig deeper into individual episodes/chapters. The Theories threads are the places that discussions happen like "How did it start?" and "How will it end?" and everything in between.

And if you want to test you're knowledge of all things WA, then click the Reptrivia button up at the top of the page and try out the We're Alive trivia quizzes.

Looking forward to seeing you around the place. Enjoy!

- Bubba
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi SwedeGirl.
    All things scbubba said.

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    I'm a caveman when it comes to computers--this is the first and hopefully only blog/podcast/website thingy I've ever signed up for--so I apologize if my... whatever, avatar? Profile?... looks generic and lame. I signed up for this site because I wanted to see if there was a real zombie niche, for lack of a better word, still out there, and I couldn't read your guys' stuff unless I signed up. Looks like there kind of is?

It's hard to phrase this right so as not to come off like a bearded guy who spends the majority of his time with a laptop in a Starbucks wearing a kepi hat, turtleneck and lensless glasses (hoping against hope that some lovely ladies at a nearby table speak in stage whispers about how I must be an artist or screenwriter), but: I just wanted to see if there are more than the close-knit group of people I know that care more than just in passing about zombies. Reason? I'm nearly finished writing my zombie novel and while I don't expect to sell millions, I wanted to see if there's a group of folks out there who'd even be interested in picking it up for what would hopefully be an entertaining read. I promise one thing about the book, it is impossible for it to be worse than whathisname's zombie novel from New Girl. That being said, do any of you read zombie books? Or do the majority of you just subscribe to this podcast and watch Walking Dead?

Note: I am absolutely NOT trying to plug my book here. That would be more douche-ish than actually BEING a guy in a turtleneck pretending to be a writer in a Starbucks. I just want to know if enthusiasts like you read zombie books, so IF, against that day later this month when I try (and likely fail) to get a publisher to stamp APPROVAL on my quote unquote manuscript, I can possibly say, "Hey, publisher dude or Lady, the zombie thing is still alive and kicking (pun intended) so maybe you should snatch this up before I break down and e-publish the sh** out of this book instead of waiting around in my tea room with the neighborhood watch sipping Camellia Sinensis awkwardly tittering about how dreary cloudy days are."

Other note: I probably wouldn't have gotten back on here after first signing up if a nastygram didn't appear in my email about how disloyal I am for not logging on in the last 28 days or so. Like I said in the beginning, I'm a caveman when it comes to this stuff. So, thank you, anonymous nastygram writer. You've given me a reason to live. Or, perhaps better to say: I'm still alive, yo.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hello Dr. Tripple-B.

Your pseudonym is kind of ... awesome. No reason to worry ebout. My first thought was: "Creative. Sweet. How the hell would someone consider himself as spineless and meaningless and present himself as tripple-b-rated???" But I guess you have a lot more spine and meaning then many people out there. Reason: You write, you like zombie-pop-culture, you have registered to this forum. Welcome!

Anyway: The WA podcast fills a very sweet niche in the zombie-popculture. There are few (if any) podcasts dedicated to this topic. And the cast and crew around Kc Wayland do a terrific job with their 'We're Alive'-show. I think that is one of the major reasons why more and more people stick with it.

If you pay close attention to the forum-sections of "Everything Else", "Writer's Lounge" and "Fan Fiction" as well as the blog-section of the WA-communicty, you will recognize that there are many members around who dedicate more time to all-things-zombie then just listening to this podcast. Besides: All the forum-sections about discussions about WA reflect this as well. So, yeah: You will find "zombie-fans" in numbers on this board.

That being said: You will also find people who read some up to a lot zombie-novels. And if you ask for seriously ment critics, you most likely will find them here. Also you can rest assured that you will find a lot of people here who are not just hotshots tossing around opinions; instead there are many people around who have a lot of insight into literature, story-telling, pop-culture etc. So again: You have chosen the right place for whatever you like to do ...

Enjoy your time!
    All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Mar 10th, 2013 at 01:18 AM.
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hello Dr. Tripple-B.

Your pseudonym is kind of ... awesome. No reason to worry ebout. My first thought was: "Creative. Sweet. How the hell would someone consider himself as spineless and meaningless and present himself as tripple-b-rated???" But I guess you have a lot more spine and meaning then many people out there. Reason: You write, you like zombie-pop-culture, you have registered to this forum. Welcome!

Anyway: The WA podcast fills a very sweet niche in the zombie-popculture. There are few (if any) podcasts dedicated to this topic. And the cast and crew around Kc Wayland do a terrific job with their 'We're Alive'-show. I think that is one of the major reasons why more and more people stick with it.

If you pay close attention to the forum-sections of "Everything Else", "Writer's Lounge" and "Fan Fiction" as well as the blog-section of the WA-communicty, you will recognize that there are many members around who dedicate more time to all-things-zombie then just listening to this podcast. Besides: All the forum-sections about discussions about WA reflect this as well. So, yeah: You will find "zombie-fans" in numbers on this board.

That being said: You will also find people who read some up to a lot zombie-novels. And if you ask for seriously ment critics, you most likely will find them here. Also you can rest assured that you will find a lot of people here who are not just hotshots tossing around opinions; instead there are many people around who have a lot of insight into literature, story-telling, pop-culture etc. So again: You have chosen the right place for whatever you like to do ...

Enjoy your time!
    All the best!
    Liam
    Thanks for the welcome. Two things: Has anybody on here gotten something zombo-related published, e-style or otherwise? That'd be very interesting to know, so like a fan suckling at the for-reals-novelist's teats I could pick their brain slash experience with it and go from there. Item numero dos: Where is the Writer's Lounge? I suck at this, as previously mentioned. I found "Everything Else" and "Fan Fiction", but not the Writer's Lounge. Unless, which is most probable, I was IN the Writer's Lounge whenst I came across the other two forums.

As for the Triple-B rated, that's really just a horrible attempt at a pen name's initials. It wouldn't be prudent for me to publish my actual name (if that ever happened in DrSkitz's Imagination Land) as I'm still in the military and doing "stuff" that uh... know what? Never mind. Saying that I can't say things is retarded. People that do that usually aren't actually doing things they shouldn't talk about. Suffice it to say that beyond the military thing, I use a fake name in my gmail address (that Google recently had a giant little girl hissy fit about) so it is slightly less easy for people to look me up and see what I write.

BUT a few months ago my landlord approved of me paying a plumber to unclog the shower drain, in that she would pay me back the amount spent on the plumber whenst the job was complete. But my landlord--a very sweet senior citizen--is a bit on the aged side, and hasn't yet figured out that the name I used to use on my gmail isn't my ACTUAL name. My ACTUAL name I made sure to signature block at the end of each email I sent to her, but this was beyond her grasp for some reason. (It's on the lease, woman! You watched me sign it! You know my real name because I pay you every month with a check that HAS my name on it! Consternation factor set at max phaser output!)

BBB came about because my old gmail user name was Blory Bledding. Sweet Landlord Lady penned a check to "me" reimbursing me for the plumber's expenses, using my fake gmail name--Blory Bledding. So when I went to the bank to try to deposit the check, I ended up not only having to print out the series of emails related to the plumbing incident proving that I was in fact the guy who the check was made out to and ALSO the owner of the fake name "Blory Bledding" that she made the check to, but I had to go to the courthouse and acquire an "Also Known As" alias to the effect of Blory Bledding (for a nominal fee of $18; who knew it was so easy to get yourself an alias?) in order to get the check deposited in my new Blory Bledding bank account.

I figured I might as well write/publish under Blory B. Bledding, since I already have a bank account in that name and it shouldn't be too hard to get royalties redirected there. I've since had to change my gmail to a different name to appease the Google Gods, but BBB will inevitably be my pseudonym for when/if I get this long-overworked zombie novel published.

Um. Liam. I apologize for the sixty-two paragraphs response to my Introduction. My hands get rum-fingers after a while and they're nearly impossible to stop, like the time I wrote Camelbak (TM) to tell them one drunken night how shitty I thought their product was and ended up getting free shit for my troubles. I will endeavor to make the forthcoming responses to responses more succinct.

Boom goes the dynamite.

DrSkitz

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Hi Dr. Tripple-B,

it's cool. I didn't know that using pseudonyms or false names is such a complicated thing in the US ... But, hack, why would it be any different over there then it is here in Germany? Yeah, well ...

The writer's lounge you will find here:
    http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/f...riter-s-Lounge

edit: I just happened to notice that this particular forum-area is only available, if you are logged on the forum; while you are offline, it is not accessible. /edit

edit2: what Osiris says. /edit

But I am sorry to tell you that I do not have any idea about anyone here who writes or produces stuff about zombies. I am on a SciFi project currently; and this does not involve any one zombie or creature from horror-tales ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Mar 10th, 2013 at 12:05 PM.
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

It's unfortunate, but that particular lounge is unavailable to regular users. It is reserved for the site's bloggers and fan fiction writers only.

Also, welcome.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    Ho There all,
    I finally decided to make an account here.
    I was given the first season of the show as a gift last year and tore through it over and over 3 times.
    I am trying to find more seasons, but I am not a "tech-savvy" person and have trouble tracking it down.
    Also, I though that it may be cool to meet people who share an interest in this show who may live near me.
    Likes Osiris, LiamKerrington liked this post

Page 168 of 235 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... LastLast