User Tag List

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??

We're Alive Fantasy Football

I know its early. I'm throwing out some feelers to see who would be interested. If we get enough people, we would do a free league (no buy in). Any Takers??

List so far...
    • They call me Revolver
    • Nikvoodoo
    • MrScott101
    • Joosbawx
    • Mem
    • COsurvivor
    • ClearSights
    • Symon_R
    Last edited by TCM Revolver; Jul 29th, 2011 at 02:49 PM.
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

never played before, but I'd be willing to give it a whirl
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Builder"

Status
    Count me in, Yahoo has a pretty decent freebie league with a decent set up. Otherwise I'm in another league that was on sportsline but move to fanball, granted thats a pay league. I love me some fantasy football! been in the same league for about 9 years now!
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant: if I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven Such is the rule of honor.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    hmmmm, man, I dunno......OF COURSE!!!!!
    "And zombies! Where the f*ck are all the zombies? That's the trouble with zombies, they're unreliable."
    -- George Carlin

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

This is AWESOME!! We only need 8 more people and we'll be set.

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    never played before, but I'd be willing to give it a whirl
    You're going to love it. It gives you a rooting interest in every game instead of just your team. And as a Bills fan I will let you have Lee Evans on your team

Quote Originally Posted by Joosbawx View Post
    hmmmm, man, I dunno......OF COURSE!!!!!
    I knew I could count you in
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Are we talking football football or suckerball?

(I'm assuming American football. Anyone care to tell me more about this fantasy football thing?)
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Guardian View Post
    Are we talking football football or suckerball?

(I'm assuming American football. Anyone care to tell me more about this fantasy football thing?)
    Yes, for our international members, we're talking about American Football Fantasy Football. The basic of it, choose a team consisting of the major offensive positions (Quarterback, running back, wide receivers, tight end, place kicker), you also choose an offensive line, and you chose a defensive unit (like The New York Jets defense). And you also choose back ups for all your offensive players. You Then through some system I don't understand, you choose your line up each week and points are scored depending on their performance.

I hope I explained this right....like I said I never played, I just know the basics of it from listening to sports radio for years.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Yes, for our international members, we're talking about American Football Fantasy Football. The basic of it, choose a team consisting of the major offensive positions (Quarterback, running back, wide receivers, tight end, place kicker), you also choose an offensive line, and you chose a defensive unit (like The New York Jets defense). And you also choose back ups for all your offensive players. You Then through some system I don't understand, you choose your line up each week and points are scored depending on their performance.

I hope I explained this right....like I said I never played, I just know the basics of it from listening to sports radio for years.
    you've got the jist of it right. Depending on the settings, you start 1 quarterback, 2 running backs. 2 Wide Receivers, 1 Tight End, Team Defense, Kicker And one Flex (WR or RB)
    Now you have a scoring system. IE QB's get 6 points for each touchdown thrown. 1 point for every 50 yards thrown. -2 for each interception etc etc.

You pick your line up each week, and go head to head against another team in the league. Then you have the playoffs and so on. I'll find some websites for you to look at voodoo.
    Last edited by TCM Revolver; Apr 11th, 2011 at 01:12 PM.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Put me down. I normally play a couple of leauges each season (yahoo & nfl.com). It'd be fun to do that here esp if there is a thread where we can discuss and annoy one another about our teams.

"Builder"

Status
    A little additional clarification, You are picking your own team made up of players from all of the teams. There is usually a draft in which you pick your players. Sometimes the draft picks will determine how good your team is. You set up a line up each week consisting of players on your team that are playing and depending on how well they play determines your score. That makes it important to keep track of injuries and bye weeks(when that player isn't playing because the team has that week off).
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant: if I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven Such is the rule of honor.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast