User Tag List

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast
    "Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Any news on the server? As far as the construct goes my suggestion would be that the world with the tower is embedded in a normal minecraft world. If the gray space around the tower was used to host a city map then you could have a randomly generated minecraft world on the outside. The grey stone world would get a little boring after a while. Just a suggestion, I'm not a tech guy so I'm unaware a to wether what I just said is possible at all.
    Sol

"Hoarder"

Status

Gamertag: daredevilk PSN ID: daredevilk Steam ID: daredevilk
    Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    Any news on the server? As far as the construct goes my suggestion would be that the world with the tower is embedded in a normal minecraft world. If the gray space around the tower was used to host a city map then you could have a randomly generated minecraft world on the outside. The grey stone world would get a little boring after a while. Just a suggestion, I'm not a tech guy so I'm unaware a to wether what I just said is possible at all.
    Sol
    I was actually thinking about this, being so close to launch and all, and luckily..... I found a plugin that generates Massive Cities with some normal landscapes in between I'm going to test it out and see if that works and if it does, it will be awesome!
    I can turn anyone to my cause.... Just give me a minute.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
    I was actually thinking about this, being so close to launch and all, and luckily..... I found a plugin that generates Massive Cities with some normal landscapes in between I'm going to test it out and see if that works and if it does, it will be awesome!
    Cool. Hope to here from you. My minecraft situation is still unknown, if I can get on it will be for a brief visit probably. Who knows, might even leave some easter eggs out their for the players.

"Hoarder"

Status

Server is up! IP is younggamers.net

Just follow the instructions and you're in!

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Trying to sign on, just need to register at your forums?

Your forums are taking a long time to load, getting a lot of visitors?

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Trying to sign on, just need to register at your forums?

Your forums are taking a long time to load, getting a lot of visitors?
    No, everything seems fine on my end. What URL are you typing in?

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaCat View Post
    [B][COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=3]
    To be able to play, you have to be on the whitelist. The whitelist is managed by the server's admins and operators. Reply to the thread with your minecraft name, and we'll consider allowing you on the server.
    This is to prevent people from destroying the tower, after so much hard work has been put into it. Thanks for understanding.
    my minecraft name is wilsonshmeface, the same as my forum name.

a little about me:
    i have been listening to the podcast for a few months now. i was introduced to the show via the owner of another well enough known minecraft server, which i am still active on.
    i have been looking for a good zombie themed server, but google has not been particularily helpful in providing descent servers. i have a lot of hope riding on this server, and i believe that it can be a great one.
    i am a moderator on the aforementioned server, and as such i know the kind of work that goes into some things, and can appreciate it. i have had to deal with people upset about having their various builds ruined, so i know the feelng.

on another note, a suggestion to help protect the tower from malicious players:
    the worldedit/regionguard plugin.
    worldedit allows players (particularily staff, this can be a dangerous tool in the hands of griefers.) to make large scale changes to the world. this is not neccessarily a replacement tool for mcedit, but it allows you to do some of the same things while still having to keep only your minecraft window open.
    regionguard goes along with worldedit to protect what you build. you select areas with worldedit, and set the protection so that only certain players can make changes in the protection area.

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonshmeface View Post
    my minecraft name is wilsonshmeface, the same as my forum name.

a little about me:
    i have been listening to the podcast for a few months now. i was introduced to the show via the owner of another well enough known minecraft server, which i am still active on.
    i have been looking for a good zombie themed server, but google has not been particularily helpful in providing descent servers. i have a lot of hope riding on this server, and i believe that it can be a great one.
    i am a moderator on the aforementioned server, and as such i know the kind of work that goes into some things, and can appreciate it. i have had to deal with people upset about having their various builds ruined, so i know the feelng.

on another note, a suggestion to help protect the tower from malicious players:
    the worldedit/regionguard plugin.
    worldedit allows players (particularily staff, this can be a dangerous tool in the hands of griefers.) to make large scale changes to the world. this is not neccessarily a replacement tool for mcedit, but it allows you to do some of the same things while still having to keep only your minecraft window open.
    regionguard goes along with worldedit to protect what you build. you select areas with worldedit, and set the protection so that only certain players can make changes in the protection area.
    Ok, sorry about this, but the front page post is not up to date. The new way of registering on the server is by going to younggamers.net and registering on the forums.

Thanks for the advice, but I already have Worldedit, WorldGuard and a ton of other plugins designed to both protect and improve the experience of the server.

"Lurker"

Status
    okey dokey.

i suppose i should have considered that you would already have lots of suggestions by now. i just didn't much feel like going through 39 pages of posts.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiVeteran10000 Experience Points

Gamertag: Novus Bellator
    So this server is up and running?
    There is no spoon. - Neo

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast