Presidential Feline

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger10000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurTagger First Class
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ObamaCat PSN ID: ObamaCat Steam ID: ObamaCat

We're Alive Minecraft server OPEN TO ALL WHITELIST ENABLED" on the 7th

EDIT: We are in the process of creating a new server. More info to come, check the last few pages of this thread to read about the new server. There is no guarantee that the information in this post is accurate.

Introduction

So after a long discussion about where we could play, user Mythicgr66 stepped up and started hosting the Minecraft server!
    Currently, the main focus is working on the Tower. And there's a LOT of work to do.

This post will keep track of the main progress of the Tower!

Cheers,

cPT.cAPSLOCK.

Server info:
    TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE WHILE REPAIRING WITH MCEDIT
    IP: 90.209.153.48
    Hosted by: Mythicgr66

READ THE RULES BEFORE CONNECTING

Rules:

Use your common sense: don't steal, don't grief (destroy people's creations, and so forth), and try to help each other out when necessary.
    Keep in mind that above and below your room, other people could be building, or will build in the future. So try to keep things on the right floor (or communicate with your neighbours!).
    Also, try to have things fit in with the style of the rest of the building!

To be able to play, you have to be on the whitelist. The whitelist is managed by the server's admins and operators. Reply to the thread with your minecraft name, and we'll consider allowing you on the server.
    This is to prevent people from destroying the tower, after so much hard work has been put into it. Thanks for understanding.

You are free to claim a room in the tower as your own. Use a sign to label it, like "<Name>'s Property" or something else with your name in it. If you have something special in mind for a room, use a sign to let people know. Other players should respect those wishes, because the tower is (or will become) large enough to have multiple rooms for everyone. Note that if you don't mark something with a sign, other people don't know what you have in mind for that area and thus might build there!

To-do:

Suggestions? Reply to the thread.
    • Repair all the damage done by some moron who stole TNT and wrecked the whole place.

Whitelisted players and their rooms:

Bold name equals server-admin or operator.
    Format: Forum name: MineCraft name - Room location
    Anything wrong or missing? Just reply to the thread.

cPT.cAPSLOCK: tcdejong - Bill's Penthouse (14th floor)
    itsallgoodie: itsallgoodie - Secret room.
    Mythicgr66: Mythicgr66 - Room on the 12th floor.
    spellchekk: spellchekk - Room on the 12th floor

Other players and their rooms:
    Boomstick: BrucezBoomstick - No room yet.
    dcumm313: dcumm313 - Room on the 12th floor
    GilTheFish: GilTheFish - No room yet.
    Magrat: Magrat - No room yet
    Th3_T3ch: Th3_T3ch - No room yet.

Floors and what you'll find there:
    Roof:
    Helipad, wheat farm, sugar canes.

14th floor:
    Bill's Penthouse with public guest room, guest's quarters and private quarters.

13th floor:
    It's a myth. Don't spend your time looking for it (the wiki states it does not exist).

12th floor:
    Several player-owned rooms, several available rooms, small public storage room, small maintenance area (workbench chest furnaces), public lounge

11th floor:
    Panorama view from staircase, several available rooms,

10th floor and below:
    Mostly Work-in-progress for now. Will add later.

1st floor:
    Lobby.

View ObamaCat's original post here:

Forumers. Recently me, StepLaugh, and itsallgoodie have been talking about the possibility of setting up a Minecraft multiplayer server in hopes of recreating the Tower. However we need your help with the server. I for one, have neither the knowledge, nor the computing power to set up a server, but I know that there must be some Minecraft players among our forum, particularly some who can set up a server. So if you can set up a server, or are interesting in playing with us, sound off below.

Thanks

- Cat
    Last edited by itsallgoodie; Feb 20th, 2012 at 06:34 AM.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    If noone has an alternative, a friend of mine is already hosting a server. I can ask him if we can dedicate a part of his map to this project.
    It's not ideal, but he - and the other players - never demolish others' projects.

Two sidenotes: most people there are dutch, and secondly, every once in a while they make a backup, start killing/attacking each other and literally blow everything up with TNT ('to blow off steam'). If you don't know about that, you can get kinda shocked when you see your masterpiece go up in the air.

Otherwise, I have the knowledge to set one up, but my upload is crappy and my machine isn't on 24/7 (it's in my bedroom, so that's not gonna change either).

I'm that guy that everyone knows is here, but no one talks to.

Status

Gamertag: itsallgoodie Wii Code: No idea but I have one.
    that could be good, like you said it would be ideal to have our own server but if no one can put it together or has the computer to host then I would have no problem with doing it on your friends server. -- provided that they are ok with it. I would be willing to somehow provide security that I wouldn't destroy their stuff.
    The word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order, other than Aegilops but no ones knows what the hell that means, so it doesn't count.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I guess the only fail-proof solution is more frequent backups. Anyway, I'll give him a shout the next time I see him, and report back to this thread.
    Might take a few days though.

Presidential Feline

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger10000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurTagger First Class
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ObamaCat PSN ID: ObamaCat Steam ID: ObamaCat
    Sounds good. We can use that until we get a more permanent solution.

"Smart One"

Status
    I think it's an excellent idea, sadly I don't have any server suggestions... and I'm not even that good at building stuff in Minecraft. :-p But I'd be interested to see what you guys come up with, and recreate the moment when...
    SPOILER 

If only he had a pork chop on him at the time, everything could have turned out different.
    I don't keep it loaded, son. You'll have to find ammo as you go.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    Hmm, I'll be looking around, I'll ask people on twitter, and we'll see what I can come up with. I'm scarred to join that server, cause we could build the whole tower, and we get a server, and then we have to start all over again!

I'm that guy that everyone knows is here, but no one talks to.

Status

Gamertag: itsallgoodie Wii Code: No idea but I have one.
    its true stephen. but idk, i hope we find a host.
    The word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order, other than Aegilops but no ones knows what the hell that means, so it doesn't count.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I'm also a newbie to minecraft so wouldn't be able to help with the server either >.< , but would love to be a part of this server (if we find/get one) and help recreate the tower

"Lurker"

Status
    Excellent idea ObamaCat, if only I had Minecraft

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast