Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Scavenger"

Status
    Thanks! That's what I was looking for.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Can anyone think of a way that users could be encouraged to use the rep system, it may be my limited view point but the only people I see with more than one bars are moderators and admins. Does giving people rep give you xp? Could this happened.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

The best way to insure that other users utilize the Reputation System is to use it yourself. People tend to return positive rep in kind to those who have given it.

And it's not just admins and mods with more than one bar. Admins and Mods tend to be the most visible members of a forum so you'll catch us more often than others, but other users have more than one bar. Some of them have be relatively inactive since the end of the season though.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    The best way to insure that other users utilize the Reputation System is to use it yourself. People tend to return positive rep in kind to those who have given it.

And it's not just admins and mods with more than one bar. Admins and Mods tend to be the most visible members of a forum so you'll catch us more often than others, but other users have more than one bar. Some of them have be relatively inactive since the end of the season though.
    I give out rep points, but I cannot see who gives it to me. I can only guess who does it; does everyone else get to see who gave out rep to them? I do go to the settings tab and it shows which posts earned me rep points, as well as what was commented with the points, but it doesn't show who said it.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    I give out rep points, but I cannot see who gives it to me. I can only guess who does it; does everyone else get to see who gave out rep to them? I do go to the settings tab and it shows which posts earned me rep points, as well as what was commented with the points, but it doesn't show who said it.

As far as I can tell, only admins can see who gave points. Because in Nik's little pictures showing how it worked, there was a name by the rep points. And I don't have those names there. So I concluded that it is an admin special thing. I guess it's to protect privacy or something.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    test

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Creem_Filling View Post

As far as I can tell, only admins can see who gave points. Because in Nik's little pictures showing how it worked, there was a name by the rep points. And I don't have those names there. So I concluded that it is an admin special thing. I guess it's to protect privacy or something.
    I used to be able to see names (before I was a mod), but I hadn't looked for a while. Not sure if that is a desired change or not. One of the big guns may have to check it out.
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

used to be different. I don't know when that changed. I'll look into it.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Chief in Charge of Distraction Technique

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    used to be different. I don't know when that changed. I'll look into it.
    Thanks big gun!
    AKA: Grumpycakes... don't cross me.

~ TMC Revolver: Pink is the new AWESOME!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

*sigh* I know it's possible but I can't find the option for it. I'm on another VB forum and I can see all my rep comments along with who gave it to me and I'm just a lowly registered user there....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast