User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How Reputation works Q/A

Since I am unfamiliar as to how this works I'm sure other members may have questions too, I figure I would start a thread where we can ask questions and the admins could answer them.

I understand that we can award rep to users. Can anyone award rep to anyone?

When you award rep does it take from yours to award someone else?

In the Experience section under rankings I had more rep a week ago than I do now, is this a weekly average or is it showing current awarding of rep?

What is some of the ways a person can lose rep?
    Last edited by MrScott101; Apr 4th, 2011 at 09:25 AM. Reason: general make sense edit
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant: if I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven Such is the rule of honor.

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??
    I understand that we can award rep to users. Can anyone award rep to anyone?
    * yes, you can award points to anyone that you deem worthy, it has to come from a post though. There isn't a generic way to give points

When you award rep does it take from yours to award someone else?
    * No, you have an endless amount of points to give away and they do not subtract from your total.

In the Experience section under rankings I had more rep a week ago than I do now, is this a weekly average or is it showing current awarding of rep?
    * You may have lost rep points, look under your "settings" and the who gave you what and why will be displayed there. If that's not they case we may need a bit more info.

What is some of the ways a person can lose rep?
    * Yes, Points can be taken away from other users that feel you did something wrong. Also by infractions given by mods or admins.
    Last edited by TCM Revolver; Apr 4th, 2011 at 08:49 PM.
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Builder"

Status
    under the reputation column in the rankings tab, last week I thought it said 224, this week it shows 157, but under earn points it shows 314. I am a bit unclear why I have thee different numbers or at the very least why the two tabs show different numbers.

Thanks for clarification.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant: if I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven Such is the rule of honor.

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Let me do some research on this and I will get back to you.
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrScott101 View Post
    under the reputation column in the rankings tab, last week I thought it said 224, this week it shows 157, but under earn points it shows 314. I am a bit unclear why I have thee different numbers or at the very least why the two tabs show different numbers.

Thanks for clarification.

Alright man, here we go...

Last week you didn't see 224, I think you saw 254 and that would have been under you experience for rep.
    The way the experience works is it takes your rep * 2. (127*2=254) (that is for last week)
    On April 1st, both nikvoodoo and KC gave you a rep bump. When an admin or KC gives you points you get not just 1 but 15.
    So that put you at 157 (157*2=314)
    *phew
    Hope this helps.

"Builder"

Status
    lol I was just about to reply with a DUH I just noticed the x2 hence why the other number was bigger.

Thanks, although from time to time I'll have a duh moment or two.

Either way I think this info will help other members as to how/what rep is and the inner workings. So despite my brain leaving my head for half a day this will be helpful.
    Last edited by cPT.cAPSLOCK; Apr 5th, 2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Just use the edit button next time

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hey speaking of this rep system, is there any way to get the rep system to show up in the mobile template? I think it'd be nice to have it here.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Yea, it's possible.
    I'm mostly structuring the wiki for now though, as I personally think that's a higher priority for now.

However, what you basically need to do is copy the code for the reputation button from the desktop template, to the (correct place in the) mobile style.

One thing to keep in mind is that the CSS might not match (not sure if it will). In that case, you'll have to change it to text instead of a button, or add the required CSS to the mobile template.
    I have no experience with vB templates, so someone else could do this much easier than I.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Where can the reputation comments (from the giver) be viewed? I know I've seen them before somewhere but can't find them again.

Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wooly View Post
    Where can the reputation comments (from the giver) be viewed? I know I've seen them before somewhere but can't find them again.
    Top right hand corner of the screen, under the options. Should be on the first screen it takes you to. Let me know if you have nay more trouble.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast