User Tag List

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Durai...not enough info on him

I would like to know more about Durai. We learned about the Colony and their leadership but I don't recall learning much about Durai and the Mallers. We are assuming they are all ex-cons but who knows if the Mallers are even aware of the Colony.

On a side note I thought it was funny when "Victor" got on stage last night.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Interesting that the actor for Durai wasnt there huh? I'm not saying he's dead, i think the opposite, but it certainly adds to the mystery
    Angel's #1 Fan

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

A lot can happen in a year. The actor who played Durai hasn't been needed for recording since March of 2010. Lots of things can come about in that time (out of town performing, moved away from the city, etc etc). Again, not saying he's dead, but I bet we learn more about Durai's fate in Chapter 21
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VeritableHero View Post
    HA! I love this idea. She could be a slow turner. That could be plausible if Saul is immune but kisses it up with Lizzy. Pass the infection and turn the woman you love. That would be a tragic moment of realization.
    I figured her vomiting was because some pig tried to rape her. Does it really take more than that to induce vomiting?

At the risk of sounding horrible, I'm glad the scum tried to rape her- for the sake of realism. I was so afraid these 'mallers' would lapse into corny cartoon-henchmen behavior (old-style bank robbers in striped shirts and black masks) and just tie her up and take her to their boss unblemished...

WRONG, that's NOT what would hapen and you know it. I'm so glad this show stayed true to its gritty realism (without lapsing into exploitation). I could barely listen to the scene because rape is much more offensive to me than simply killing someone, but that's how violent scum behave in the real world. So far this show has had death, love, treachery, loyalty, sickness, bravery, friendship, tyranny, loss, and a whole host of other human elements- I'm glad the writers didn't shy away from this one particularly shameful corner of human brutality.

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: theycallmematty
    I had a hunch that when one of the Mallers said "We're Here" and Lizzie was like "No..." I thought about them pulling up to The Colony and I know Lizzie has NO IDEA what it is...she could just be in total shock of the damage of the place. I dunno. Its just a hunch.

"Lurker"

Status
    In chapter 20 3 of 3. Scratch catches TarDust in the act. In the episode she tells him something like if he messes up again she "feed his A$$ to" who?
    I can make out what she says. I almost sounds like she says she'd "feed his A$$ to the sisters".
    Can anyone help me with this dialogue?

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Does anyone else think Saul saying he would rather his girlfriend be dead than raped was kind of fucked up?

Furthermore, not just dead, but eaten alive by zombies. He would rather his girlfriend get eaten alive by zombies than raped.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ImPaul View Post
    In chapter 20 3 of 3. Scratch catches TarDust in the act. In the episode she tells him something like if he messes up again she "feed his A$$ to" who?
    I can make out what she says. I almost sounds like she says she'd "feed his A$$ to the sisters".
    Can anyone help me with this dialogue?
    Yea, it is the sisters. I believe it is in reference to 'The Shawshank redemption'.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tillvictory View Post
    Does anyone else think Saul saying he would rather his girlfriend be dead than raped was kind of fucked up?

Furthermore, not just dead, but eaten alive by zombies. He would rather his girlfriend get eaten alive by zombies than raped.
    I think the difference is, one leaves her dead, the other leaves her with memories and nightmares for the rest of her life. I would agree with him that in this case it would be better if she'd died rather than live having been raped by who knows how many men, for how long, and so on. Sure, being eaten is a horrible way to go, but afterwards you are gone.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Rape and gang rape are both things that actually happen in the real world every day and many, many, many people survive it and go on to have healthy, happy, productive lives.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast