User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    With the Rain, could there be sort of acid rain effect and the rain could get infected?
    <----- Click to see what D.A.R.T is doing for you.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    acid rain doesnt really have anything to do with the zombies, i think you guys are overthinking this issue.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Status
    Achievements:
    I knew I was stretching it with the acid rain.

But, back to the main idea, could the local rivers and streams be contaminated?

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    they did, but remember, they're in LA, it rains like 5 days a year
    I used to live in California--it has a rainy season and rarely rains any other time of the year. Some years it doesn't rain at all, other years (like this year) you have apocalyptic rains. The thing I missed most was thunder, it hardly ever thundered.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    I used to live in California--it has a rainy season and rarely rains any other time of the year. Some years it doesn't rain at all, other years (like this year) you have apocalyptic rains. The thing I missed most was thunder, it hardly ever thundered.

yeah this year had some crazy rain but i think last year (or maybe the year before that) it barely rained at all. it comes and goes,
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Scavenger"

Status
    I would guess that whatever the infectious agent is, it does not survive outside of the host organism very long but is passed only by direct contact. The survivors have been in close contact on so many occasions but only infected by direct injury.

If it were otherwise, say airborne or even long-living on exposed surfaces or fluids, then everyone would have turned by now. They live in a filthy, bloody & dead environment. Just cleaning up after an attack would have infected the cleanup crew. I seem to recall the extent of their personal protective gear being gloves and shower curtains at one point. From a biological defense point of view that is laughable, yet none were infected.

The scene at the Arena with humans hiding in a pile of mutilated corpses tends to prove this as well. There is no way that in that vile & juicy pile of creature-killed corpses that they did not come across blood or saliva from a creature - they were covered in goo. Yet no infection.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Re1ndeer View Post
    I knew I was stretching it with the acid rain.

But, back to the main idea, could the local rivers and streams be contaminated?
    This returns us to the main crux of the issue of what has caused the outbreak. Viruses can be delivered through a water supply, but if its something else, getting into a lake or stream may not help transmit it to others.

Good thread. It's aspoloding!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wooly View Post
    I would guess that whatever the infectious agent is, it does not survive outside of the host organism very long but is passed only by direct contact. The survivors have been in close contact on so many occasions but only infected by direct injury.

If it were otherwise, say airborne or even long-living on exposed surfaces or fluids, then everyone would have turned by now. They live in a filthy, bloody & dead environment. Just cleaning up after an attack would have infected the cleanup crew. I seem to recall the extent of their personal protective gear being gloves and shower curtains at one point. From a biological defense point of view that is laughable, yet none were infected.

The scene at the Arena with humans hiding in a pile of mutilated corpses tends to prove this as well. There is no way that in that vile & juicy pile of creature-killed corpses that they did not come across blood or saliva from a creature - they were covered in goo. Yet no infection.
    *clap clap clap* that was awesome! I think u just hit the nail on its head
    Angel's #1 Fan

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by wooly View Post
    That scene confused me. I assumed that it was a pile of their dead. I didn't understand why they didn't get infected.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

is it a pile of HUMAN dead, not zombies is it? humans they killed but werent able to eat at the time or are they the dead zombie corpses that got dragged back and piled up?

so either Kc has an explanation for this or... WHOA whats that whooshing sound i hear? gasp! it's a PLOT HOLE!
    Angel's #1 Fan

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast