User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Theories about Raydon Labs

Hey guys! First post here, but something I just remembered... Do you remember back when Saul and Angel rescued Burt, and they ran into the "smart one". Didn't Burt mention he had a level 3 badge for Radon Labs. It seems pretty suspicious that a scientist becomes a "smart one".

Thoughts?
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Mar 31st, 2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Changed the title of the thread to be more specific

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Smarter you are in life smarter you are in death.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

I'm that guy that everyone knows is here, but no one talks to.

Status

Gamertag: itsallgoodie Wii Code: No idea but I have one.
    yes yarri, but i think the point is also that the virus or contamination could have been in part or full due to radon labs yes?
    The word 'almost' is the longest in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order, other than Aegilops but no ones knows what the hell that means, so it doesn't count.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=itsallgoodie;8920]yes yarri, but i think the point is also that the virus or contamination could have been in part or full due to radon labs yes?[/QUOTe

Yep.. sorry
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Hey guys! First post here, but something I just remembered... Do you remember back when Saul and Angel rescued Burt, and they ran into the "smart one". Didn't Burt mention he had a level 3 badge for Radon Labs. It seems pretty suspicious that a scientist becomes a "smart one".

Thoughts?
    Suspicious? As in, they plotted it? If I had any, ANY control over the process at all; I'm pretty sure I wouldn't become a zomboid at all.

As to whether or not it's their fault, yeah, that could have happened. KC is pretty original in his thinking so I'm beginning to doubt that they simply created it.

"Scavenger"

Status
    If Radon labs were the focal point, does the timeline fit? Weren't the outbreaks in LA and Hawaii simultaneous? Or am I mis-remembering the event sequence?

If they were simultaneous then the lab probably couldn't have been ground zero (for the world) due to the distances involved.

Unless Radon Labs = Umbrella Corp

"Gatherer"

Status
    Well, one of my questions is, with all the driving around the guys have done to scavenge, how come they haven't mentioned anything about rummaging around the possible ground zero. To me it sounds like there are more important things to deal with, and the search for a possible end to the infection has been put off. I have a feeling something will happen and this will be brought up again.

"Lurker"

Status
    I think that there was only one place the virus originated. I'm not sure if it was Radon Labs or not but that seems to make the most sense at this point.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I think the most important aspect is that Burt casually knows what a level three badge from Radon Labs would look like and suspects it before rolling the corpse over. Burt is an ex-marine, later he became the Manager or Franchise owner of Lock and Loaded. But, somewhere he got caught up in some really illegal stuff. Claymore Mines, Silencer, .50cal. etc.

"Lurker"

Status
    I would like to say Raydon labs is connected with the outbreak. Reason for this is because in chapter 2. "Burt points out a badge on the one he killed, revealing it to be a Level 3 member of Raydon Labs" This gives a slight hint that they could be connected with the outbreak.

My theorie would be Raydon labs experimented on animals for medical/warfare/research/ other but they were immune/no use so they resorted to test on humans instead. Which brings Bill Roberts aka Ink in the picture.

("The TIVO reveals information of a plea of insanity in a murder case against a man named Bill Roberts aka Ink." found in chapter 2)

Raydon labs would test their experiments on deathrows (Easier to not be noticed by society since they are deadmen walking. Maybe they bribed the prison guards to get them) which leads to Bill Roberts aka Ink (maybe he was put on deathrow) being selected for the tests. He could of been strapped down on the experiment table but after the experiments he started to show symptoms leading him to break loose and attacl everyone and anyone in LA causing the outbreak to spread.

This could connect to chapter 1 when Michael says "The group of them moved past my car to the man honking behind me. their bodies were littered with scars and bruises and their eyes were glazed over. "

Problem with my theorie would be:

• It happening all across the country. ("The reporter talks about riots all across the country before it cuts off with nothing else broadcasted after the report." found in In chapter 2)
    • In chapter 2 when burt points out the lvl3 raydon badge was just to point out "Smarter you are in life smarter you are in death" the clever ones and raydon doesnt have anything to do with the outbreak.

But still I would like them to have somekind of connection to all of this.
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast