User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status

Question Comic Books / Graphic Novels

what are your fav comics or graphic novels. what series do you like the most?

my all time fav is The Infinity Gauntlet
    old todd mcfarlane spiderman's were great, jim lee x-men etc..

seems like the new comics are very computer aided , have lost some of the skill the old books had.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by cycogod View Post
    what are your fav comics or graphic novels. what series do you like the most?

my all time fav is The Infinity Gauntlet
    old todd mcfarlane spiderman's were great, jim lee x-men etc..

seems like the new comics are very computer aided , have lost some of the skill the old books had.
    I agree the newer stuff looks a little off. It's like when I watch cartoons with my kids; the new stuff looks so "fake" by relying on computers so much to do the animations and effects.

I think my old stand-bys for comics always works: Punisher, Captain America, Avengers, X-Men. The IDW's take on the Transformers is what the I would have loved to have seen as a kid. And that is one series that CAN get away with computer assistance because it looks right. Wolverine done by computer graphics for a comic doesn't.

Arthur Adams' old works were my favorite to look at. When Ron Lim drew in the 90s, I liked his stuff, especially the Silver Surfer. I got to meet Ben Dunn of Ninja High School fame, and I used to try to imitate his art style because it was clear, crisp, and a western take on anime.

I don't pick up many comics anymore though. When I do visit the local comic shop, I do look for those titles. Oh, and Marvel Zombies was good... at least the first two series. The third felt like it was going to the well one too many times, and I haven't even looked at series four or five.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by bvglee View Post
    I am actually a fan of the Batman and the Punisher's vigilante stuff, heroes with the only real life powers: besides an obsessive motivation, they have brains, trainning & guts, plus A LOT of firepower in the case of Punisher and A LOT of money in the case of Mr Wayne (that's almost a real life Superpower!), besides that, they are pretty well established characters and studios tend to have some "respect" for that kind of characters (except for that Punisher supernatural crap).
    The Punisher as an angel with weird guns was a little out there.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    My 3 favorites were X-Men, Spiderman, & Spawn. I'm especially a fan of Greg Capullo's art on Spawn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Coooooooooooooooooooooomiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiics!!!!!!!!!

I really got into Zombies Vs Robots Vs Amazons, that was a great read and fantastic art. Ashley Wood is amazing. As far as old school goes... Batman: The Killing Joke was awesome, I really enjoyed Gotham By Gaslight, Death In The Family, Year One but as far as general awesome goes.... Arkham Asylum was incredible.
    The last good GN I managed to get into (aside from Girls) would be Suburban Glamour. That book was fucking fantastic. Jamie Mckelvie is one of my favourite artists.
    I got into Bomb Queen for a while because it reminded me of Marshall Law, but lost interest after a few of the trades.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status
    anyone keepin track of The Walking Dead comics, they seem to be losing steam, story's getting old and formula driven...

"Hoarder"

Status
    current issue #85

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    You know what was very good at the beginning and then got strange over the years? Grimm Fairy Tales. They were excellent when it was just about fairy tales, but when they started doing a backstory on the helper and that became the main focus, it lost me. We bought all the graphic novel volumes up to 9; I got 8 and 9 at the same time, but I should have stopped at 7. 8 and 9 were so not anything that the childhood stories were about.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I like a lot of Vertigo's stuff: Fables, Y the Last Man, The Sandman, American Vampire, Greek Street, DMZ. I also read the Firefly/Serenity GNs and I have the complete run of Scott Pilgrim.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo Butters View Post
    I have the complete run of Scott Pilgrim.
    This makes me hate you in ways you cannot imagine.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast