User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I'm still not seeing this growth in Angel that everyone speaks of. At most I see he's trying to make up for his unacceptable behavior during the fire. Burt sends all capable and trained bodies out on missions. Angel's military training puts him in line above the rest but that doesn't make him any much more of a leader than say, Lizzy. Helpful and experienced, yes but not Burt's equal and he's definitely nowhere near Michael's level. So he's pushing Kalani around, how hard could that be? Who wouldn't want to push Kalani around? ... or off a cliff.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    I'm still not seeing this growth in Angel that everyone speaks of. At most I see he's trying to make up for his unacceptable behavior during the fire. Burt sends all capable and trained bodies out on missions. Angel's military training puts him in line above the rest but that doesn't make him any much more of a leader than say, Lizzy. Helpful and experienced, yes but not Burt's equal and he's definitely nowhere near Michael's level. So he's pushing Kalani around, how hard could that be? Who wouldn't want to push Kalani around? ... or off a cliff.
    well heres the thing, i dont see Angel's actions during the fire to be unacceptable. when he chose to leave saul, that was the best choice for the group as a whole, if saul turned as they were carrying him up the stairs, he would have killed the entire group that was going up the stairs, angel, burt, michael, and pegs. which would take out damn near all ppl capable of leadership in the tower (save riley/lizzy) and everyone would have died. if he turned on the roof, with the others, then once again, the casualties that zombie saul would have effected would be very high. so imo, angel didnt do a damn thing wrong when he left saul behind, and the way i see it, why isnt no one else to blame for leaving saul? there were 3 other ppl there besides angel, why is burt not at fault for leaving saul, i understand michael had a broken arm at the time, but one order from michael to help saul, and angel would have done it, but i heard no such order, precious michael just used his arm as his own excuse and also went up the tower. leaving saul was the utilitarian choice, to help the most people, saul would have to be left behind.

i keep hearing michael's level michael's level, as far as leadership in the field, i'll say that angel can do just as well as michael or burt, if not better. i dont see what it is that michael is doing on the field that angel is not doing, please, i'd love to hear some examples of what michael did that angel didnt do. ever since michael, and saul have been out of action, angel's been the one who's been picking up their duties as well, lizzy and riley might be good, but in burt's mind, a soldier is a soldier, and theres no replacement for that. so angel's been getting ridiculous amounts of field experience, and granted it's B/C saul and michael are out of the field, but point being, thats character development.

wickedsid,

when u say that angel left michael behind during the waterplant incident with the behemoth, he didnt have any other options, his immediate actions were to get the hell out of there cause that behemoth was still chasing them. so they took off, and it was widely accepted that michael had not survived.

i can understand the argument that he wasnt very loyal to his unit, right before michael left, angel took him aside and confessed that he felt terrible for leaving saul behind, and michael was telling him that he did what he had to do, but i think Angel does feel pretty crappy for leaving saul (lizzy has given him endless amounts of shit for it). and that lead to his character developing into a more loyal character. he didnt leave behind kalani, i believe his words were something like, im not gonna leave a soldier behind, not again.

so u ask how angel is developing as a leader, i'll tell u he's a leader on the field now, he's not very good at controlling the masses, and snapping orders to the tower residents, but on the field, his soldiers follow his orders (even if kalani bitches and whines about every single one)
    Angel's #1 Fan

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    i dont see what it is that michael is doing on the field that angel is not doing, please, i'd love to hear some examples of what michael did that angel didnt do.
    Oil his Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    when u say that angel left michael behind during the waterplant incident with the behemoth, he didnt have any other options, his immediate actions were to get the hell out of there cause that behemoth was still chasing them. so they took off, and it was widely accepted that michael had not survived.
    That wasn't what I was referring too, as in, I never said that. I was talking about when Mike lost his shit and snapped, relinquished his leadership, and let someone else take control. Angel didn't try to comfort him, didn't try to support him in any way, he let him rant and slunk into a corner until power was thrust unto someone he could follow.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    Oil his Gun.
    Touche

That wasn't what I was referring too, as in, I never said that. I was talking about when Mike lost his shit and snapped, relinquished his leadership, and let someone else take control. Angel didn't try to comfort him, didn't try to support him in any way, he let him rant and slunk into a corner until power was thrust unto someone he could follow.
    thats more of a complex issue between friends rather than an issue of loyalty isnt it? i see what u mean but what would u have Angel do? when michael snapped, and locked himself in his room, the tower was still in chaos. they had fought off the horde, but saul was still half dead, there were still small fires to put out, the ppl were in a state of panic, i think angel's first goal was an attempt to maintain a chain of command, and take control as a leader himself, but no one was listening, and he was being overwhelmed, and then burt took over
    Angel's #1 Fan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12