User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Character Evolution

How do you see your favorite (or all) character/s evolve in the coming episodes?
    How will their individual idiosyncrasies and skill set hinder or help the survivors (tower and colony)

Let's take Kelly for instance: Pain in the ass at first, but as a Lawyer....
    She'd be able to help iron out differences. A make shift judge if you will.
    Lizzy as a therapist (in training) can help people deal with the stress of the situation.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I think Michael is just going to dig the hole hes in further. Hes stopped using common sense and people have begun to dislike him.
    Angel on the other hand is growing as a leader.
    I think in the upcoming episodes Kalani is going to show that he can do more than people think. I think hes gonna do something to show everyone that he isn't the big douche people think he is.
    Pegs is starting to use guns. This shows that shes accepting the fact that these are not people anymore and she has to do what she has to do to survive.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    Angel on the other hand is growing as a leader.
    I still don't understand how people see Angel growing as a leader, I've seen none of it. All he's done is sit back and let everyone else take control. Sure he's had a little input on what to do, but, it rarely has been anything significant.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    On that note, even i have to agree... Dont get me wrong, Angel's had a lot of growth over the seasons, especially in field experience, and leadership in the field, but he doesnt seem to be able to manage a crowd and keep people under control, and i really hope this changes, and there's definitely a good possibility for that because of his officer training, he just needs a chance to lead a small group of people (he did really well in the arena mission), just a group that doesnt involve kalani, because i'll bet anything even michael wouldnt be able to do much better with kalani (recall michael's interactions with kalani on the way back from the arena)

But i never criticize angel without praise so in terms experience, at this point in time, if you had to send someone out on a crucial mission outside the tower, Angel's ur man. Because ever since the zombie apocalypse began, i think Angel has been on the most life threatening missions so far, he was on the first supply run with saul, infiltrated the arena with riley, fought off the horde on the fire truck with burt, and is about to kill off a behemoth, so in terms of field experience in zombieland, i'd say he's arguably better than michael and saul now (not to mention saul's half dead (and supposedly a crappy marksman) and michael is broken wing). so angel has gone from greenhorn to capable soldier
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Gatherer"

Status
    Ra1th,
    you have to admit he is growing as a leader even if it is a small growth. He is being sent out on more missions and gaining more experience. He is starting to learn what to do in different situations with different people. It is a small step but if it continues he could start to lead larger groups on longer missions. He has lead a few small groups of people and if he gets enough experience then he could start lead larger groups until (this could take some time) he's up there with Burt.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    Ra1th,
    you have to admit he is growing as a leader even if it is a small growth. He is being sent out on more missions and gaining more experience. He is starting to learn what to do in different situations with different people. It is a small step but if it continues he could start to lead larger groups on longer missions. He has lead a few small groups of people and if he gets enough experience then he could start lead larger groups until (this could take some time) he's up there with Burt.
    Sounds more like he's learning to be part of a squad, see, part. He hasn't really lead Kalani nor did he exactly lead Riley, but there's no doubt about him leading Datu.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    How is Angel's leadership in the field any different from that of Michael's role when he's on a mission. i dont really see any difference. when Angel was with Kalani, he has been in control of every action, and kalani has been objectifying at every turn. first when they dumped Latch's body, then when they checked teh behemoth, then wehn they went to the armory for ammunition instead of making a run for it as kalani suggested. This last mission has been Angel's leadership on display. same with the arena mission, after Michael was MIA, angel was the one calling the shots, he decided to continue on the mission, he made the call to keep going forward, it was his call to go after datu, i dont think you're giving him enough credit.

I can understand lack of macro leadership and keeping the masses of the tower under control, but in the field Angel's got it under control. my question is what do you see in michael that you dont see in Angel?
    Angel's #1 Fan

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Leaders learn by doing anyway. You learn "followership" before you start "leading" people. Angel is getting battle tested in the best ways. He was my least favorite character at first simply because is (what I assume) a Butter bar. NCO's hate them. LOL!
    He's getting the exp in simply because Saul is out of pocket now. That's a good thing. He needed it badly.
    So, how does his growth contribute to the Tower later?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Ra1th,
    to answer your last question. People do what Michael asks or tells them. He keeps them in line. Angel would get ignored. I will say this: Angel is more adaptable so far.
    Burt showed poor leadership skills because he didn't have a plan, he was willing to run out on everyone and he was in charge because no one else could be at the time.
    Saul is the perfect Battle buddy or Wingman. The Kato to Michael's Green Hornet.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    And again, I have to play Devil's Advocate, too many Angel lovers .

As Crowbar said, Angel is only gaining experience due to Saul's incapacitation, had that not happened he would not have been able to show his value as an asset to the Tower. He has shown his willingness to sacrifice himself, even if it was for Kalani. All of this weighs heavily in his favor, but, he hasn't shown loyalty to his unit. He didn't help Michael when he cracked and he was willing to leave Saul. Maybe they didn't serve together long enough to grow a bond, but you'd think organization and military brotherhood would reign supreme above self-preservation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast