User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Lisa Lampanelli loves Kc for giving her so many diverse people to make fun of.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Ok listening to WND gave me a thought. Tanya mentions a lot of trouble was gone through to get hold of her powerful antibiotics. I believe it means both the trouble to get out of the colony and the trouble the colony had in originally getting the medicine.
    Where would you get such drugs? A hospital! In chapter 17 Skittles warns Angel and Kalani to stay away from Hospitals or the "doctor's places" as he calls them, because Doctors are SMART! Thus they become smart zombies by Burt's logic

The Silent One

Status
    Achievements:
    High Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Guts Malone View Post
    I wonder if Kalani knows how to fly a helicopter. That would be much easier to insert into a storyline. I'm guessing that most military bases would have at least a helicopter landing area than an airstrip. Can any US Armed Forces ppl confirm this?
    I highly doubt it, it takes a lot of training to be fixed wing certified, and going over to rotary wing takes a little longer. So, I don't think he'd even know how to take off in a helicopter, let alone fly it. Aside from that, they're noisy - really noisy, which'll bring unwanted attention to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaveCrowBarWillTravel View Post
    Guts,
    Helo's are mostly Coast Guard and Army. I know that Ft Irwin is an Army training base and that's all. KC is ex Army, I'm USAF so we're gonna have service bias. LOL. They have way too much stuff and people to fit in a 'copter.
    Edward's AFB will have transport sized aircraft like a C-130's or larger.
    They can also grab a couple semi and rig them with cow catchers to move stuff if needed.
    That is true with the stuff - but they also have too many people to ferry. Let's say you cram (it'll be like sardines) 20 people into a Blackhawk, doing a rough guess, Ft Irwin is roughly 100mi from the tower, which means it would take about a 40 min flight. Problem is you'll be hard pressed to find a LZ in an urban environment like LA to put it down. Then you have time against you, because figure the moment that you touch down, you'll be bring everyone one in the area to the tower, and they'll probably be attacked while the helicopter is outbound.

With that being said, the units at Ft. Irwin are armored Cav and Recon, so there's bound to be some Humvees and Prime Movers that can be convoyed to and from the tower in just one trip.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikepaw View Post
    Ok listening to WND gave me a thought. Tanya mentions a lot of trouble was gone through to get hold of her powerful antibiotics. I believe it means both the trouble to get out of the colony and the trouble the colony had in originally getting the medicine.
    Where would you get such drugs? A hospital! In chapter 17 Skittles warns Angel and Kalani to stay away from Hospitals or the "doctor's places" as he calls them, because Doctors are SMART! Thus they become smart zombies by Burt's logic
    I hadn't even thought about doctors becoming smart zombies, but it makes sense.
    Plus there's also the fact that when outbreak started and people started panicking many of them probably headed for the hospitals to treat injuries or if they were sick and turning (we know that turning times vary: some are near instantaneous, Tommy took a little while to turn, and Tanya revealed some people can take days or weeks to turn.) And of course once those people turned all those panicky people in the hospitals became an all you can eat buffet. End result: hospitals = BAD news! So it probably took a fairly large effort by the Colony to assault one to get meds as powerful as the ones Tanya used to treat Saul. At least that's how I interpreted the "it was a lot of trouble to get these" comment.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    I thought this had already been established pretty clearly way back when angel and Saul went to raid burrs store. The one hunting Burt was a top clearance scientist from radon labs. And Burt says "I guess the matter u are in life the smarter u are in death". Scinetifically accurate and tested? No but usually The story expects you to just go along wih some facts

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteranodon View Post
    Now that it's been explained to me that Saul is black (he still sounds like a white guy from Brooklyn to me)
    I had an image of him being half black, half Latino.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    I thought this had already been established pretty clearly way back when angel and Saul went to raid burrs store. The one hunting Burt was a top clearance scientist from radon labs. And Burt says "I guess the matter u are in life the smarter u are in death". Scientifically accurate and tested? No but usually The story expects you to just go along with some facts
    Oh no, I totally believe the smart people=smart zombies since I listened to Chapter 3 the first time. Really I was just covering my tracks in case someone who is the opposite of you came along and was all like, "It was just a theory of Burt's, we don't know for SURE..." and blah blah blah. Hospitals, libraries, universities, and scientific facilities would all be death traps due to all of the smart people

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Oh no, I totally believe the smart people=smart zombies since I listened to Chapter 3 the first time. Really I was just covering my tracks in case someone who is the opposite of you came along and was all like, "It was just a theory of Burt's, we don't know for SURE..." and blah blah blah. Hospitals, libraries, universities, and scientific facilities would all be death traps due to all of the smart people
    ....now lets not get crazy.....not everyone in a University is actually smart
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Great episode... I adore being correct! I'm glad that the heart felt reunion between Tanya and Saul quickly degenerated into belittling and snark...It gave a nice depth to their relationship.

Anybody else think that Romeo chasing after his Juliet is going to end up going badly for one or both of them?
    Yeah it's more than likely there's going to be some death especially with the addition of other characters into the fold. I would vote for sauls mom to go because that voice actor...wow I can't stand her line readings.

twitter.com/AerockParinas

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First Class1000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second Class1 year registered

Gamertag: aZuLPiNoY PSN ID: aZuLPiNoY
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteranodon View Post
    Now that it's been explained to me that Saul is black...
    WAIT, WHAT?! Saul's black? Could somebody let me know when was that disclosed (reference/link)? Yeah Tanya does sound black to me, but I thought Saul was Latino... maybe Puerto Rican? Reading that made my head feel like that Klan member's on Chapelle's Show after Clayton Bigsby took his hood off.
    Drop beats, not bombs. Fight war, not wars. When the heart does not know what it cannot do, it does everything. Revolution only works for those who participate. Start loving... I am ♥

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast