User Tag List

Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I know at least one person has asked if they can write a story based on your characters in WA. What I would like permission to do is to use your ZOMBIE types. I won't write anything about figuring out what caused the ZEDs to show up, not yet at least (not until you release that information, and then I will ask again if I can use that portion of the story). I just want to know if I am allowed to or if you would prefer that I don't use them due to your own personal plot integrity. I will NOT be using any of the characters in WA. The story is going to be set in a place an hour away and then in a different state (both are small towns that you will probably not be using). NONE of my characters will venture into LA at or even south for that matter (that is the direction of LA from the towns) They head north into Oregon. In case you forgot what the question was because of all this reading, may I use ONLY the zombie types from WA?

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Sorry, for not getting to these sooner, I didn't know I had questions waiting.
    Foley... We don't do it for every episode. We have a lot of SFX on file and can typically get through an episode without having to do foley. That being said, Chapter 23 was NOT possible to do without foley. With Saul's scene of him BARELY talking, we had much more to create that I wanted to be very specific. So, an Episode's Foley typically can be about 3 to 4 hours. And that's mostly just footsteps.

To Date, the hardest SFX. Um... Some of the car stuff and radio stuff is really tedious and frustrating. You have to do it over and over and get every click and pop and it takes a while to get the timing right. Getting a car SFX to react to the way you want is hard too. You have to consider the swerving and the road texture, wind, etc... And We use a lot of different types of cars.

Recently Grayson and I do the foley work if we need to. And yes, we do switch off because it is tiring, running around like 4 times as different people.
    Cheers KC. Well done on the crazy season finale. Was listening to the post-show (missed the pre show) and was sad I couldn't
    call in (evil iphone) but it sounded like it went wonderfully!
    As far as the foley question goes, thank you very much for the answer. Having had to slave over a microphone for Vision Australia Radio a few times, including editing a few of their radio dramas & play adaptions, I know how painful it can be to try and get that one sound effect right (especially if you have something similar, but not quite right, on file). The time and effort you put into this show is constantly astounding and hopefully for you it is paying off as much as it is for us!
    Now that's out of the way, time for the questions:

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    We keep that pretty secret. If you have a VO audition you can send it via e-mail, but the casting notices might say things about the characters that we don't want people knowing or might be blatant misleadings to find the type of character we want.
    OK. Now the irritation starts.
    1. As a poor Australian 'actor' (also known as a Deli Worker) having just started out into the angry world of semi-professional-acting at the start of this year, WHAT email would I send a VO (Voice Over Audition, presumably) to?

2. Where can I find these casting notices? Where are they posted to? Or are you happy to just receive a "Here's the range of stuff I can do, would you like me to do it or go away and stop bothering you now?" ?

3. I know you are a big fan (and I understand it's importance) of having the cast in a room together, near you, but you have recorded out of the studio for actors before (Greg's Pete & Bob Bergen's Skittles I think?). How off-putting is it for you to have none of that face time (unless there is Skype time in and around the line recording)?

4. I am sorry to harp on about this. I shall leave you alone now. But as someone who is just starting to break out into the Victorian Acting scene, having done radio dramas before, and having loved the ever-loving-cr*p out of WA for the last year or so, I would dearly love to be involved somehow.
    If it's just as a forum lurker and a fan... I can live with that, funnily enough. If I can audition I will die happily. If I got in... I would probably just die on the spot (which would make me useless except as a zombie or zombie fodder).
    That would... yep. I'm going to leave now. I think I've scared him enough.

Thanks KC, once again, and feel free to pm me with the info (if you want to give it) about the Character Postings if you don't want to post that here (understandable), or just ban me for creepiness and run away screaming. Whichever.
    Cheers,
    Magrat.
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magrat View Post
    If it's just as a forum lurker and a fan... I can live with that, funnily enough. If I can audition I will die happily. If I got in... I would probably just die on the spot (which would make me useless except as a zombie or zombie fodder).
    Oh come now....he could use you for lots of things. Like throw you off a building to capture the sound of the crunch....or shoot you so he could get the bullet impact....You could have been that guy in the first chapter that gets his head cut off......There's lots of things Kc could do with your dead body!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Oh come now....he could use you for lots of things. Like throw you off a building to capture the sound of the crunch....or shoot you so he could get the bullet impact....You could have been that guy in the first chapter that gets his head cut off......There's lots of things Kc could do with your dead body!
    So morbid Nik. Almost homicidal, except for the fact that the body would be dead. True none the less.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    What does KC stand for? Or is your name actually just two letters? I know it's not show related and I hope it's not rude to ask, my curiosity is just unquenchable.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    My next questions are:

How do you spell Hannah/Hanna and Cain/Caine/Cane?
    I got saul, but I'm not a soldier - The Killers...ish

Chicken-Zombie Overlord

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Steam ID: Magrat
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Oh deary me yes!
    Can't wait! Ooooh ooooh, maybe Mr Whisker's can eat me!

*what.... what the hell are we talking about?!*
    I wear a fedora now... fedora's are cool!
    Winner of the coveted ZOMBIE CHICKEN AWARD
    Anyone else waiting for a Doctor Who zombie? No? Huh, just me then...

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrat View Post
    OK. Now the irritation starts.
    1. As a poor Australian 'actor' (also known as a Deli Worker) having just started out into the angry world of semi-professional-acting at the start of this year, WHAT email would I send a VO (Voice Over Audition, presumably) to?

2. Where can I find these casting notices? Where are they posted to? Or are you happy to just receive a "Here's the range of stuff I can do, would you like me to do it or go away and stop bothering you now?" ?

3. I know you are a big fan (and I understand it's importance) of having the cast in a room together, near you, but you have recorded out of the studio for actors before (Greg's Pete & Bob Bergen's Skittles I think?). How off-putting is it for you to have none of that face time (unless there is Skype time in and around the line recording)?

4. I am sorry to harp on about this. I shall leave you alone now. But as someone who is just starting to break out into the Victorian Acting scene, having done radio dramas before, and having loved the ever-loving-cr*p out of WA for the last year or so, I would dearly love to be involved somehow.
    That would... yep. I'm going to leave now. I think I've scared him enough.
    1. You can send it to kc@zombiepodcast.com
    2. We post the notices in places kept secret. Most of the time we'll do it so fans don't have any hints or misleadings to what's going on. I'm more than happy to receive ranges of stuff someone can do. Keep in mind we like our actors coming into a studio to be directed. It's just a personal pref. Also makes sure the quality and fidelity matches for each mic.
    3. It's not easy to direct from far away. I've done it, and with decent results. Bob Bergen is a BIG exception because the guy is a super-pro level voice actor. I give him half a direction and he's able to run with it. Matching energy levels is near impossible and you also limit other actors by not having that interaction.
    In other words, send me your stuff and your recording quality and I'll keep you in mind

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Creem_Filling View Post
    What does KC stand for? Or is your name actually just two letters? I know it's not show related and I hope it's not rude to ask, my curiosity is just unquenchable.
    I was named after my Mother's initials. Legally it can be spelled "Casey", but I've been going by Kc for a long time...

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GD_Elite View Post
    My next questions are:

How do you spell Hannah/Hanna and Cain/Caine/Cane?
    Good question. I'll have to look to make sure.
    Ok: Cain and Hannah.

Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast