User Tag List

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast
    Wait...What??

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries

Raptr ID: WTF is a Raptr??

Ask Him Yourself!

I know I'm not the only one that has questions for KC. He agreed that we can post them here and he will do his best to answer them for us.
    Please, no questions that may be considered "too personal" or inappropriate (i.e. financing etc).
    Let me start it off....

• When you record, do you follow the script as far as order you record, or do you do it in segments and piece it together later??
    • Do you have the entire series written?? If not, how far ahead of the released series are you?
    • What are your plans after the WA saga is complete?? Are you looking to do another series?

***Post your questions here and KC will try to answer them live at Meltdown Comics on April 16th. After that we can post here for KC.
    Last edited by TCM Revolver; Mar 28th, 2011 at 01:05 PM.
    Likes alexcadtek, Red-Laced-Viona liked this post
    Wouldn't you know it... The first time I let a girl into my life and she trys to eat me. -- Columbus

"Gatherer"

Status
    • Is this the first audio drama you have done or do you have some other work floating around out there?
    • I've noticed from things that you're a big fan of LOST, is it something that inspires your writing?
    • Do you have any plans or hopes to bring We're Alive to another form of media?
    • Have you ever been in an episode other then just for zombie growls or other sound effects?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by They call me Revolver View Post
    I know I'm not the only one that has questions for KC. He agreed that we can post them here and he will do his best to answer them for us.
    Please, no questions that may be considered "too personal" or inappropriate (i.e. financing etc).
    Let me start it off....

• When you record, do you follow the script as far as order you record, or do you do it in segments and piece it together later??
    • Do you have the entire series written?? If not, how far ahead of the released series are you?
    • What are your plans after the WA saga is complete?? Are you looking to do another series?
    When you record, do you follow the script as far as order you record, or do you do it in segments and piece it together later??
    A: I try to go in order as best as possible, even if we have to keep actors there a little longer. Since we don't do rehearsals, it gives a better feel for the characters to discover the events as they unfold and leads to better performances when they're in order. BUT, there are occasions where we bounce around A LOT.

Do you have the entire series written?? If not, how far ahead of the released series are you?

A: We have the big details of the series planned out, but as for the individual Chapters being written, I usually stay about 2 Chapters ahead. Chapter 20 is going out now, and I'm drafting 22 at the moment.

What are your plans after the WA saga is complete?? Are you looking to do another series?
    A: REST! Lots and lots of rest. I have a bunch of ideas floating around in my head, a possible other series, but it's too soon to tell.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fraggot View Post
    • Is this the first audio drama you have done or do you have some other work floating around out there?
    • I've noticed from things that you're a big fan of LOST, is it something that inspires your writing?
    • Do you have any plans or hopes to bring We're Alive to another form of media?
    • Have you ever been in an episode other then just for zombie growls or other sound effects?
    Is this the first audio drama you have done or do you have some other work floating around out there?
    A: Yes, this is the only one I've written. I did perform in one a LONG time ago, when I was 15 or 16 called Full Court Press from Tsunami radio. I have other works out there for film like feature documentaries, etc...

I've noticed from things that you're a big fan of LOST, is it something that inspires your writing?
    A: I WAS a big fan of LOST, until they took the series and shredded it into inconceivable pieces of self-propelling loophole disasters. It was a fun ride, but they drove off a cliff at the end and cheapened the entire ride for me. In many ways it inspires me in what NOT to do. There are better ways to compel people to watch or listen, without resorting to fragments of story and plot that are left unanswered and used only to keep people interested. A lot of that has to do with multiple writers and authors... it leads to multiple intentions that don't always coincide.

Do you have any plans or hopes to bring We're Alive to another form of media?
    A: Yes, of course, but with the caveat that it has to be done right. Now if some studio comes around and wants to offer me 15 million for the story if they can have it and just have me walk away... that would be hard to turn down, but I would always want to be attached to it.

Have you ever been in an episode other then just for zombie growls or other sound effects?

A: I was the original announcer, way back before we had Michael Swan. (So glad he's here!), I was on the TV in Chapter 2, and I was the teacher in Chapter 1. A few other times I'm hidden as well, but I can't remember off the top of my head where. I think in the Maller's attack in Chapter 12.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    The Last Place You Want to be During a Zombie Outbreak
    Do you happen to take into consideration when making We're Alive what people say on the forum? For clarification, my exampe is reading what fans say in discussions in the theory section and then incorporate interesting tidbits within the podcast itself?

If so, can you cite some examples that may have occured so far?

Carl R-tistik Springer
    • Was your intention, always to make We're Alive a Audio Drama?
    • How did you get in touch with the Cover Artist Ben Hosac?
    • What Chapter was your Favourite to write or listen to?

"Gatherer"

Status
    • When you were first coming up with We're Alive, what was your first thought that launched? Such as, were you wanting to do a zombie story or something else entirely?
    • If you were trapped in a zombie apocalypse, what's the one food you'd miss never being able to eat again?
    • Do you enjoy to listen to We're Alive in your spare time like you're just another fan?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyo View Post
    Do you happen to take into consideration when making We're Alive what people say on the forum? For clarification, my exampe is reading what fans say in discussions in the theory section and then incorporate interesting tidbits within the podcast itself?

If so, can you cite some examples that may have occured so far?
    There's been once or twice that someone didn't understand something, so I clarified it more... can't think of for-instances off the top of my head, but there's been one or two.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carl R-tistik Springer View Post
    • Was your intention, always to make We're Alive a Audio Drama?
    • How did you get in touch with the Cover Artist Ben Hosac?
    • What Chapter was your Favourite to write or listen to?
    Was your intention, always to make We're Alive a Audio Drama?
    Yes, it is written for the intent of audio drama. We have to write dialogue and action a certain way for audio dramas so that we TELL rather than show. If this were to be adapted, a lot could be taken out of the dialogue.

How did you get in touch with the Cover Artist Ben Hosac?
    He and I went to high school together and had both media arts and animation together. We touched base a while back through facebook, and the rest is history.

What Chapter was your Favorite to write or listen to?
    Chapter 10 by far. I wish I had more time to put into the writing. Since I edit audio every week it makes it hard to spend time on just one facet.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

UNTIL the Live Show at Meltdown, I'm not going to answer any more questions... I just realized that if we answer them all here, I won't have any to respond to at the Live event!
    SO, if you want you questions answered then, post them here and I can respond then

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast