User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is Angel?!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    why would they not recognize each other then?
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoyo View Post
    Or it could be that Scratch was sizing up Angel to give up details about himself like who he was and his name. Michael at least says as much when he was talking to I think Bert about how he was trying to size them up too but Scratch caught on too fast to get anything out of them. In this sense, I think Scratch was just bluffing or if you believe my other theory, Scratch may have been the Sandy Bill was talking about and she came to visit the Tower when Angel was with his girlfriend Cindy there.

As for the Hotwiring, I believe he just hung out with people who would do carjacking for kicks and never got caught for it.
    Interesting... you're first theory makes a lot of sense she could have just been sizing them up, seeing how badly they thought of them, your second option is a little too unbelievable though. Scratch being Sandy? I honestly don't think that Bill would have hung out with anybody like that.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    why would they not recognize each other then?
    Do you remember everyone you've hooked up with when you were dead drunk?

"Lurker"

Status
    Hello all

All good theories. Been awhile since i posted but i been listening to the show again (like my 5th time) and just learned some new things, which may be lurking in another post. But who is Angel? I believe he has seen both Scratch and Latch before, whether or not via undercover work or possible street activity (could you believe Angel being part of a rival gang????). We are familiar with the hot wiring abilities and with Scratch saying that Angel looks familiar. In addition, when Angel removed the now dead Latch, he was able to recognize Latch, despite being burned to a crisp, by the ring on his finger, even going to the extent to describe it (something along the line of a bird's wings around a stone). Kalani tried to get some info out of him, but Angel is skilled at lying and changing topics....

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur

Gamertag: LieutenantFUBAR Steam ID: h2yankeesfan
    Quote Originally Posted by LoadedNLock View Post
    Hello all

All good theories. Been awhile since i posted but i been listening to the show again (like my 5th time) and just learned some new things, which may be lurking in another post. But who is Angel? I believe he has seen both Scratch and Latch before, whether or not via undercover work or possible street activity (could you believe Angel being part of a rival gang????). We are familiar with the hot wiring abilities and with Scratch saying that Angel looks familiar. In addition, when Angel removed the now dead Latch, he was able to recognize Latch, despite being burned to a crisp, by the ring on his finger, even going to the extent to describe it (something along the line of a bird's wings around a stone). Kalani tried to get some info out of him, but Angel is skilled at lying and changing topics....
    Oh snap. Never caught that one before. How did Angel know Latch had a ring that looked like a bird's wing around a stone? I am quite certain that the ring never comes up in the story proper (but hey, it might have been mentioned at some point, who knows). As far as I can remember the only time Angel even saw Latch was when Latch and Scratch came to the Tower asking if they could stay, and I don't think Latch was named in that encounter.

I think this is what went down:

Angel, Scratch, Latch (and a few others who may/may not be part of the Mallers (I still think Maulers is a way better name)) all ran with the same group. As Michael said in 1-1, Angel came from a rich family. No offence to any rich parents, but they usually aren't the best at instilling good values and morals in their kids. I would bet that as a kid Angel did something that got either Scratch, Latch, or friends busted. Angel's parents - being rich - probably posted his bail and sent him to his room or something. Then later in life he got in some more trouble and they sent him to Army OCS to become an officer.

I say it was as a kid because it's hard to forget the face of the person that got you in trouble. Kids change a lot, so if something happened at the age of around 15-16 and the next time you saw someone was like ten years later, it would be hard to recognize them. Also, Datu said he thought he recognized Angel when they first met in 1-2. Maybe there was some news coverage?

This would also explain why Angel knows how to hotwire cars (which isn't all that hard of a skill to learn, just something a rich boy wouldn't need to know). It also might explain why Angel took a quick liking to Saul's plan of "Let's live at the Prison!", but I would just chalk that one up to thinking it's a good, secure place.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I'm of the guarded opinion that Angel was the/a rat in the tower. Its still a possibility, he was around when the prisoner got shot. I have to agree with the idea that he /was/ involved in some nasty things, but turned his life around, maybe even in Juvi. If he committed crimes before he turned 18, those records /should/ be sealed, and he could've hopped into college and joined OCS later.

Actually, come to think about it, Scratch and Angel dating isn't /that/ off-base. They could have had a youthful fling when Angel hung out in the wrong crowd. It would explain things like his rather vehement dislike to being called 'blondboy'. by Scratch. Maybe he did something because she was blackmailing him?

"New Arrival"

Status
    I don't think Angel recognizes Scratch personally. But I think Scratch might recognize Angel personally on some level. Could definitely be some kind of Police rat or jury volunteer

I also think Angel was some kind of police rat. He did all he could to try and convince Micheal not to talk to Latch & Scratch. Angel also wanted to remove all their name tags and went a little overboard when Mike mentioned his name.

One other thing and i need to give it a relisten but I think Angel says at one point says how he knows Saul would have no problem living in a cel. Later Sal shares with LIzzy that he has done a little time in the clink. I need to find the exact quote.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Here's another explanation of how Scratch could have recognized Angel. He could have been one of her victims. Maybe she robbed his parents house, or she stole his car, or did one of the other things that career criminals do to spoiled rich kids when they get the chance.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    (spoilers......not sure if i'm posting this in the right place)

like i said spoilers...

yeah i've noticed listening again.... when the power goes out and lizzy and saul go out for fuel for the generator micheal and angel had a quick conversation
    Angel says something like "we sent three people out there but you said 2 friends"
    and Micheal responds with something like "yeah the other one is just burt" or something like that, i also noticed first time around listening scratch recognised angel but i didn't pay too much attention to it.... i remember someone got pulled into the tower and then got shot later on..... i don't think Kalani knew how to use a gun, when hope was the only one in the room or something....

anyways when bert was on the zip line going to the chopper to get out, the rope gave out, but when it was pulled up micheal said it was "about x distance" which works out to be roughly thirty feet but bert was close.... if it was a stress snap wouldn't it of snapped in the middle or where bert was (remember bert was close) so did angel cut the rope?

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogon Malice View Post
    (spoilers......not sure if i'm posting this in the right place)

like i said spoilers...

yeah i've noticed listening again.... when the power goes out and lizzy and saul go out for fuel for the generator micheal and angel had a quick conversation
    Angel says something like "we sent three people out there but you said 2 friends"
    and Micheal responds with something like "yeah the other one is just burt" or something like that, i also noticed first time around listening scratch recognised angel but i didn't pay too much attention to it.... i remember someone got pulled into the tower and then got shot later on..... i don't think Kalani knew how to use a gun, when hope was the only one in the room or something....

anyways when bert was on the zip line going to the chopper to get out, the rope gave out, but when it was pulled up micheal said it was "about x distance" which works out to be roughly thirty feet but bert was close.... if it was a stress snap wouldn't it of snapped in the middle or where bert was (remember bert was close) so did angel cut the rope?

Well, I'm pretty sure Kalani was the one who shot Pippin, it's not official yet but it's safe to assume that it was him.

Also, their burning tanker was underneath where the zipline was, and Michael tells us the ends of the rope were burnt, not cut. Besides, why would Angel cut the rope--it was his only way off the collapsing and overrun building? It was just an unfortunate accident that the rope snapped.

Angel seems to have odd occurrances all the time happening around him. Scratch recognizes him...but from where? I think he did some time in juvey for stealing cars, and then cleaned up his act (eventually landing him in Officer Candidate School).

His girlfriend was turned and they had to shoot her; he and Riley had to spend some time sandwiched in a coroner's worst nightmare; he's always getting injured (falling from the ladder at Burt's store, jumping through a window...getting trapped on the roof of a collapsing building...); he gets elected to drop off Latch's body (which creates a sticky situation for him when Scratch brings it up to them over the radio...)

Geez...now that I think about it...it's not just Angel...but Michael and Saul seem to get into a lot of dangerous sh*t too...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast